Is Arks 60 dollars worth it?

Thearkfanatic556

On 9/17/2017 at 5:55 PM, Thearkfanatic556 said:

Is arks 60 dollars worth it? You all know by now that Ark is 60 dollars or pounds or whatever, is it worth it? i think now that ragnarok is out and that there is so much content like scorched earth and ragnarok the center and soon to be aberation definetely but before the full release Wildcard decided to make the game $60 which i highly disagreed with because there were 2 decent maps not counting scorched earth and bugginess so i want to see what you think i agree now yes but before ragnarok no.

There isn't many games that you can sink 1000's of hours into and still have more to experience so without a doubt you get more then enough content to make it worth while. I'm currently at 3000 hrs. So if you do the math I have payed $0.02 per hour of enjoyment I have gotten from the game and the only other game that has came close to that is skyrim and that is out of 250 games in my library.I would say that you are stupid if you think your not getting your moneys worth on this game. The majority of people I run into that have the game usually have around 500 or so hrs put into the game and even at that standard there is few games that could hold your attention for that amount of time.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...

Well don't really think it's worth the amount they ask. 

In my opinion, it would be worth if WC developers would do something against the tame caps and the bugs and Glitches still on the servers. Like from the beginning, they start a new server, with allot of bugs and glitches and have their GM Admins clean up their mess, with just a few options, as a solution which makes you as a player get yourself the question why you are playing on the server if it continues to be buggy and dinos keep glitching. Most buggy server I know at the moment is Aberration. Had already contact with the GM like 6 times now.

All with a solution like: this is all I can provide to you. Take it or leave it.

You need to answer the following questions in order to play this game happily:

1. Does my hardware meet at least the minimal requierments, to have a bit a nice game experience

2. Do I bother the bugs that can happen

3. Do I bother the glitches (on the newer maps like Aberration) and be happy with the solution the GM's can give you (Non-imprinted dinos in return with max wild level of that dino) 

4. Would I mind to grew up dinos like 2 to 16 days  (real life days) and provide the first approx 8 hours of real life hours to hand-feed them,  and every 8 hours to imprint them (makes them stronger)

Keep in mind, when you do start playing, as an advice, do NOT start directly asking to get in tribes of people. First start to play the game, get to know the game a bit, you do can ask for example a Metal Hatchet and Axe. This will help you allot when you just start. People most of the time won't mind to give you these things.

I wish you good luck and fun playing this game if you are going to buy it.

I try to evaluate how much time can I possible play with a game and how many things can be done and how engaging can that be. 

on an official server, you can get to prepare for endgame after 2-3 weeks. Thinking that you already have an alpha tribe on that server that will trade you 3 fertilized boss capable eggs (preferably Rex, things can change later)

in another 2 weeks, you will be close to having enough fighting power to go defeat one of the easier guardians. 

In my case I moved away from legacy and started fresh on a new server, at about 600 days of ark, and after 3 months we defeated the alpha Monkey and Spider.

for this to happen it took quite a lot of time and a few good friends.

I already played more then 2.5K hours on official, separately purchased the DLC, and I could say that I worth the money I spent on it.

There is so much to do, and I can say that the game is not just based on grinding mats to improve your base, dinos, armor, weapons, saddles or trade for dinos & blueprints.

Try to connect with other players. There are also 3 official maps, packed with their own extreme challenges (and add the Modded ones there are, and others yet to come)

so if you add the PVP for a change, or Private modded servers, I am certain this game can keep you addicted to it for a long long time.

Guest DJRone89

Yes and no. If the game had released without an early access program I would hold a different opinion, but as it stands, the issues that have persisted and plagued the game hold it back from AAA standard so I feel it’s unfair to price their game in such a way. I’d price it at best, 3/4 of what they have given.

Archived