Is Arks 60 dollars worth it?

Thearkfanatic556

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your post is just precious but no there is absolutely no satidfying way yet to revert the nerf completely. Upping the speed of all dinos isn't remotely the same thing as being able to modify flyer speed like you still can for land dinos and upping all dino speed just "re-breaks" the fastest land dinos anyways.  Funny how no one complains about fast land dinos that cause the same lag though. ?  Saying "hurdurrMODZ" doesn't fix the game for console players btw. No way in hell would I bother paying double for this game with the constant bad decisions, the even more frequently missed deadlines for updates and such, and the frequent half-truth bull poop the company pulls. They are lucky I bought this game when I did because it only took  a few months for the buyers remorse to set in.

6 minutes ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Your post is just precious but no there is absolutely no satidfying way yet to revert the nerf completely. Upping the speed of all dinos isn't remotely the same thing as being able to modify flyer speed like you still can for land dinos and upping all dino speed just "re-breaks" the fastest land dinos anyways.  Funny how no one complains about fast land dinos that cause the same lag though. ?  Saying "hurdurrMODZ" doesn't fix the game for console players btw. No way in hell would I bother paying double for this game with the constant bad decisions, the even more frequently missed deadlines for updates and such, and the frequent half-truth bull poop the company pulls. They are lucky I bought this game when I did because it only took  a few months for the buyers remorse to set in.

"but no there is absolutely no satidfying way yet to revert the nerf completely"

Yes there is. You should actually research the things you're talking about.

EDIT: But wait...you said "satisfying." And you're right about that. Nothing will satisfy you.

Yes.

Now, I've still got two (2) $150.00 collectors edition boxes for TOR here that I just can't say that about.  (wife's and my own)

There are plenty of games that do not have the systems, the crafting, the building, the ability for mods, pets  (taming and breeding), the anything that ARK has, that charge way more than what WC charges.

F2P has ruined the entire industry as people think they can get everything for nothing anymore.  And please, no store, Sandbox doesn't lend itself to P2W for power or collectors/crafters.

44 minutes ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

There is litterly a mod called classic Flyers That all it does is revert dinos to PRE NERF
Its LITTERLY EXACTLY THE SAME AS BEFORE
and yes there are mods on xbox ,  There is a server forum advertising them on here, as well as on reddit etc.

If all it takes is one flyer nerf to make people quit a fantastic game then so be it in my opinion..have fun.

There has literally been hundreds of nerfs buffs and tweaks.Overcome and adapt like you did with every other one.  

Some people on here hold WC to a VERY high standard and I can't for the life of me see why. Theyre not a multi billion dollar company with tons of experience making these types of games(that I know of)...and they act like other AAA titles dont have ANY bugs/glitches or exploits or nothing wrong with them...which is just not true

Anyone remember what GTA online looked like at launch?? And that's a Billion dollar company(yes thats a B)with YEARS of practice. And there's lot's more 60$ games that are not perfect.

When Ark2 3 4 or 5 comes out and it still has the same glitches..then we got something to complain about. Until then, enjoy the game THEY made and don't get mad because it's not EXACTLY the way YOU want it. 

4 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

"but no there is absolutely no satidfying way yet to revert the nerf completely"

Yes there is. You should actually research the things you're talking about.

EDIT: But wait...you said "satisfying." And you're right about that. Nothing will satisfy you.

And just what way is there to revert the nerf on singleplayer console worlds and turn pre-nerf levveling values back to what they were?? You should just not talk out of your ass pookie. You'll embarrass yourself less.

3 hours ago, prihde said:

There is litterly a mod called classic Flyers That all it does is revert dinos to PRE NERF
Its LITTERLY EXACTLY THE SAME AS BEFORE
and yes there are mods on xbox ,  There is a server forum advertising them on here, as well as on reddit etc.

It's amusing how incorrect you are.

Totally worth it in my opinion. I haven't played a game in many years that's kept me so entertained for as long as Ark has. The official base game (aka the thing that the ONE person in this thread is complaining about) is pretty crap, but with how much 'customizing' you can do with ARK on PC especially is just mind-blowing. The modding community is so talented and it keeps the game fresh for much longer than the base game probably would last.

So yup, totally worth it imo., just for it's sheer amount of customizing.

I paid £12.99 when it was in the beta and I can honestly say as a veteran of the game it was a steal . Playing with friends on the weekend raiding others etc is always something I look forward to. It's also the first full loot pvp game that's been released in recent years and I admire the creators for doing this . 

HOWEVER 

If you don't have any friends that play or aren't in an active clan using a party chat etc, I'd imagine it would get boring therefore not worth the $60.

On 9/18/2017 at 7:26 PM, Ulta said:

Totally worth it in my opinion. I haven't played a game in many years that's kept me so entertained for as long as Ark has. The official base game (aka the thing that the ONE person in this thread is complaining about) is pretty crap, but with how much 'customizing' you can do with ARK on PC especially is just mind-blowing. The modding community is so talented and it keeps the game fresh for much longer than the base game probably would last.

So yup, totally worth it imo., just for it's sheer amount of customizing.

I honestly feel as though if the base game is too broken to even enjoy, that the level of enjoyment shouldn't come from modding capability alone - especially if it wasn't initially even supporting them. That's basically saying the community has to have a hand in making the game better that the devs simply could not, which kinda says something imo. Even then, you'd have to pay more money to even enjoy those mods with friends due to the fact that you need to buy a server box and another copy of the game, or purchase a server from them. It's just not kosher to me. $60 mostly for an added perk in a game is the reason why I steer clear of most of these recent games to begin with, due to the whole "hype-to-disappoint" phase we seem to be seeing everywhere.

11 hours ago, Masurao said:

I honestly feel as though if the base game is too broken to even enjoy, that the level of enjoyment shouldn't come from modding capability alone - especially if it wasn't initially even supporting them. That's basically saying the community has to have a hand in making the game better that the devs simply could not, which kinda says something imo. Even then, you'd have to pay more money to even enjoy those mods with friends due to the fact that you need to buy a server box and another copy of the game, or purchase a server from them. It's just not kosher to me. $60 mostly for an added perk in a game is the reason why I steer clear of most of these recent games to begin with, due to the whole "hype-to-disappoint" phase we seem to be seeing everywhere.

In my particular case, that doesn't matter too much. This topic is about whether you got $60 bucks worth out of Ark. And I did. If the base game didn't exist, I wouldn't have been able to have fun no matter whether it was on official, unofficial, or singleplayer, mod community or not afterall, no?

Plus you forgot to mention that those same devs implemented the ABILITY to change things...like the rates on singleplayer or unofficial, and they gave us the ability to have mods and a modding community. Whether you think so or not, that to me counts as 'base game', just because the same devs making the base game made it an option in a sea of many options.

On 9/18/2017 at 4:43 PM, ChargingParacerParacer said:

And just what way is there to revert the nerf on singleplayer console worlds and turn pre-nerf levveling values back to what they were?? You should just not talk out of your ass pookie. You'll embarrass yourself less.

Sorry I missed this one. If you were looking for answers regarding console, you should have stated you were on console. If you want mods and game customization, buy a PC. When you're on a console, you get what you are given. I hate to be the person who has to break this bad news to you, but this is how video games have been since the 1980's...and that's not something that changes overnight just because you throw a temper tantrum on the internet. Over time, consoles have had increased attention when it comes to customization...but flipping out at Wildcard (and gamers who understand why PC's are superior for those who cherish tweaking the settings of their games) over this is childish at best.

Flat out and simple, if you want the ability to customize your game the way PC users can, then game on a PC. Otherwise, welcome to how the video game industry has worked for the past 4+ decades.

Archived