What should stats look like for your character in PVP?

Diceman

I've used the same balanced build as long as I've played. It's achievable at level 81, so you can use the other 19 points for whatever you want. It has 300 Health, 200 Stamina, 300 Weight, and 250% Melee. Put the rest of the points in movement speed or fortitude for a strong PvP build, or in weight and crafting skill for a crafting build.

On 9/18/2017 at 3:19 AM, SexyTroll said:

Speed is essential for PvP so is Melee.

You don't really need more than 150 stamina, 200 is max I have ever put in but I feel 150 is enough. More than 250 weight and more than 200 health. Fortitude is useless.

How much points you would dedicate in Speed and Melee depends on your play style. I prefer close combat so I have over 300 in melee, but if you prefer ranged combat than 200-250 of melee is more than fine and rest goes into Speed

Fortitude is very important. If your are wearing riot particularly you  will notice a huge effect on your torpor resistance ( I usally run 40 and I can take multiple hits from asc clubs from people with 350 melee ) However with 40-50 fortitude you will also be able to survive far better in SE or in snow areas. With the new weather system I feel it's impact now more then ever as I have seen weather as high as 128F and as low as -22F and with no fortitude you will be draining health like it's stamina in  a sand storm.

22 hours ago, erfulspace117 said:

Hey can anyone give me tips on what to pump on a carno or allo?

A carno you should treat it like a rex. Give it mainly health but, also a respectable melee and for allos you should go for a balanced Health and maybe lean a little more heavy towards melee for you pack leader as they will get a huge melee bonus and it makes there draining ability far more crippling.

I prefer speed over everything else. The faster I am, the harder I am to hit. But with speed comes stamina, health, a little fortitude and melee. (Sometimes the occasional accidental increment of crafting speed/oxygen/food/water ¬¬ )

...I do a lot of taming. So aside from the PvP element, I do need to be faster than the dinos I have to chase/lure back.

Nothing worser than seeing a guy running at you with a club or a giga chasing you and your to slow to outrun it. If you have the tames melee is irrelevant. Fortitude is okay but I wouldn't go crazy with it 10 max. You don't wanna spend hours farming gear just for someone to one hit you with a club or one bite you with a gear and get away with your gear hence why imo movement speed is the most important along with weight and health. I run 300 health 150 stam 300 weight and 180 movement. A couple of good builds are 350 health 120 stam 350 weight 170 movement. You can mix and match and add some fort in replace of weight or health if you please but I see no real massive benefit other than not getting 1 hit by troodons or taking a club with a piece of riot gear and your torpor dropping quicker so you can not be at risk of getting knocked out. Running 1 piece of riot gear is always essential boots or gauntlets are the best this will allow you to take 1 or 2 hits before getting knocked out. Some people may not have riot so adding some fortitude will help your cause but being quick to get out that situation in my eyes is the best thing. 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/17/2017 at 3:32 PM, PrimalBroom744 said:

If your going for a ranged character I would run a higher movement speed and balance  the rest of your stats. You will need to be able to be faster then your opponent due to fighting someone with high melee you will just be able to out run them. I would run between 145% - 160% as a good movement speed. as far as a stat layout I would run with

Health 250

Stamina 150

Weight 240

Melee 200

Movement 152.5

Fortitude 20

I personally would run at least 20 fortitude on all character builds as it gives you the most effectiveness to point commitment ratio in my opinion . The 240 weight will give you enough to move full stacks of metal ingots / raw metal without having to split constant stacks. The stamina gives you enough to run for a good distance but, if you feel you need a boost carry some energy brews with you to compensate. I wouldn't bother with anything higher as the points would be more valuable else where as there is several consumables that give you infinite stamina. 250 health feels nice I tend to run 250-300 as running 350-400 feels wasted as it is rarely useful. You would find  your armor taking most of the brunt of the attack and will find it would just be wasted points. Anything lower then 200 melee is risky as it also effects your ability with hand tools early on and will create a hard time killing most wild animals however, with high movement speed you will notice swords are a far more effective weapon as the improved movement will make it far easier to close in distance on your enemies whether is is player or dino.

This is the build I would recommend if you plan on running more of a ranged style character. I hope it helps :Jerbhi:

these are good stats but i would have a little more fortitude you dont really need mele due to the fact that dinos will grind for you and protect you also a good pike or sword (not primitive) would cover the mele gap

Archived