What should stats look like for your character in PVP?

Diceman

1 hour ago, Diceman said:

Hey guys just a simple question about best stat for your PVP character. I plan on using only firearms and maybe melee as a last resort. What will your endgame build be? Just want to see what everyone is thinking.

Thanks 

Dice

If your going for a ranged character I would run a higher movement speed and balance  the rest of your stats. You will need to be able to be faster then your opponent due to fighting someone with high melee you will just be able to out run them. I would run between 145% - 160% as a good movement speed. as far as a stat layout I would run with

Health 250

Stamina 150

Weight 240

Melee 200

Movement 152.5

Fortitude 20

I personally would run at least 20 fortitude on all character builds as it gives you the most effectiveness to point commitment ratio in my opinion . The 240 weight will give you enough to move full stacks of metal ingots / raw metal without having to split constant stacks. The stamina gives you enough to run for a good distance but, if you feel you need a boost carry some energy brews with you to compensate. I wouldn't bother with anything higher as the points would be more valuable else where as there is several consumables that give you infinite stamina. 250 health feels nice I tend to run 250-300 as running 350-400 feels wasted as it is rarely useful. You would find  your armor taking most of the brunt of the attack and will find it would just be wasted points. Anything lower then 200 melee is risky as it also effects your ability with hand tools early on and will create a hard time killing most wild animals however, with high movement speed you will notice swords are a far more effective weapon as the improved movement will make it far easier to close in distance on your enemies whether is is player or dino.

This is the build I would recommend if you plan on running more of a ranged style character. I hope it helps :Jerbhi:

My favorite build involves movement speed. I try to get to atleast 150 speed since the nerf, used to be 180+, between 150 to 200 stam, 200 plus health, between 200 and 300 weight, and 140 ish melee just so a good club can one hit KO, and a couple points in fortitude so I can take one hit from a troodon and still run. I used to invest in oxygen as well, but since the speed nerf on it I find it a useless stat to me now.

I've seen a few different builds that are good in my opinion, but its all up to your preference and play style.  If suggest joining a few boosted play deds so you can test out a few different builds quickly and find out what fits your prefrence.

My favorite build involves movement speed. I try to get to atleast 150 speed since the nerf, used to be 180+, between 150 to 200 stam, 200 plus health, between 200 and 300 weight, and 140 ish melee just so a good club can one hit KO, and a couple points in fortitude so I can take one hit from a troodon and still run. I used to invest in oxygen as well, but since the speed nerf on it I find it a useless stat to me now.

I've seen a few different builds that are good in my opinion, but its all up to your preference and play style.  If suggest joining a few boosted play deds so you can test out a few different builds quickly and find out what fits your prefrence.

I'd say 300+ HP to survive headshots and 250-300 weight for extra armor sets, ammo, meds, tools etc... The rest is up to player's preference and also depends on type of engagement: raid, skirmish, ambush, underwater.

There is no "best build", but if you want to be decent - a well rounded character will do just fine.

10 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

I'd say 300+ HP to survive headshots and 250-300 weight for extra armor sets, ammo, meds, tools etc... The rest is up to player's preference and also depends on type of engagement: raid, skirmish, ambush, underwater.

There is no "best build", but if you want to be decent - a well rounded character will do just fine.

Yea I agree with this with weight and health being your main stats.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, SexyTroll said:

Speed is essential for PvP so is Melee.

You don't really need more than 150 stamina, 200 is max I have ever put in but I feel 150 is enough. More than 250 weight and more than 200 health. Fortitude is useless.

How much points you would dedicate in Speed and Melee depends on your play style. I prefer close combat so I have over 300 in melee, but if you prefer ranged combat than 200-250 of melee is more than fine and rest goes into Speed

Great point, Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Diceman said:

I like what I see, but I think more health to eat them headshots? what do you think?

Agreed, though by higher lvls movement speed won't matter much when you spray the guy charging you with an assault rifle. I run 52 fortitude on my char. Takes 3 hits back to back with Asc club to knock me out, gives me time if they snuck up on me to turn and make em regret it. You want a truly ranged character, I'd say Health, weight, fort(if you are worried they are going for knock out before kill) and stam last. A true ranged character isn't going to matter as much how fast you are running, more so your aim.

8 minutes ago, Baton said:

then u shouldnt fight with guys, who have that weapons unless u have 200arm 350+ dur gear

Or just don't be squishy. Running into someone better geared than you happens eventually. No sense in being the guy that crys everytime you don't have the best gear on the map. Be prepared for the unfair fight best way you can. Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance

1 minute ago, Velarius said:

Or just don't be squishy. Running into someone better geared than you happens eventually. No sense in being the guy that crys everytime you don't have the best gear on the map. Be prepared for the unfair fight best way you can. Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance

anyway, ultra hight health wont help you, but ms can help to escape, if u dont have mount )

It really depends on what you want to do. I once had a 260% move speed char for recon purposes. All he did was Recon, no fighting no weight lighting.

For melee chars 300%+ damage would be ideal.  300 or more health is always nice and at least 250 weight. I wouldn't bother with fortitude unless you like being noob.

For ranged chars depending on the situation you should pump health. I had a char with 1050 health who's specific job was to be a snipe when our base would get raided. He could take a few headshots no worries.

If its just a normal combat ranged char then high move speed and a decent stack of health and weight is what you want. 150% move speed, 300 health, 200+ weight at least.

Archived