Can moths produce silk already ?

KimoBitz

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Silk Producer: On ARK Digest number 40, the Moth was confirmed to produce silk in a future update. Making it incredibly useful not only on Scorched Earth, but on maps without any way to make silk for possible tools and armor repairs

From the wiki, but obviously if it's not in the patchnotes, it's not done yet.

1 hour ago, LittleRedReaper said:

I did not even notice this in the patch notes! I hope they do add this. It would make having some moths useful!

Yeah, I just bought scorched earth and I tamed moth, transfered to the island expecting that I'll be getting silk from now on but that wasn't case. Disappointed 

Guest BubbaCrawfish

The quote I posted was from the wiki itself, and heck knows just how long ago digest 40 was, but judging we're up to 90 or so, it was quite a while back.

• 7 months later...

It's been 2 years. 2 years and this still isn't in?

This should be a trivial patch, just steal the code from archuras and change it to silk from paste, hell leave the wonder thing alone.

Or make them poop silk instead of poop, 5 at a time or something.

Either that or swap the Dung Beatles code, swap it to feeding them fiber or thatch, and you get silk.

Abb needs a dino that produces silk also, lamantras wouldn't be out of place on Abb to be quite honest.

I know Wildcard wants people to buy scorched for silk, and I'm not sure if Wildcard is aware, but you could just harvest it on Ragnarok without buying scorched, if  you're trying to force people to spend 30$ to buy silk based products you should be aware that Rag is free DLC.

JS, it's insane the top designers don't know this about their own game.  Almost as insane as the Lymantra not ever getting fixed, about 2 years later FFS, it's been 69 community crunches, literally more community crunches have gone by than in 62 when the Lymantra was said to be getting silk.

This is just neglect, Scorched Earth customers really got shafted, they keep saying they are going to fix/add stuff to scorched which hardly got anything and never have, other than the Phoenix, which was really more of a slap in the face to scorched buyers than a bonus, just made all the wyvern tames worthless vs alphas with the phoenix.

Not to mention the free DLC Ragnarok gets everything SE has and more without having to worry about adobe or waste structure limit on it. Hard to see why anyone would buy SE DLC who knows the game vs just playing on Rag other than maybe Manticore farming, which is inferior to Rag anyway.

1 hour ago, Bleakwise said:

It's been 2 years. 2 years and this still isn't in?

This should be a trivial patch, just steal the code from archuras and change it to silk from paste, hell leave the wonder thing alone.

Or make them poop silk instead of poop, 5 at a time or something.

Either that or swap the Dung Beatles code, swap it to feeding them fiber or thatch, and you get silk.

Abb needs a dino that produces silk also, lamantras wouldn't be out of place on Abb to be quite honest.

I know Wildcard wants people to buy scorched for silk, and I'm not sure if Wildcard is aware, but you could just harvest it on Ragnarok without buying scorched, if  you're trying to force people to spend 30$ to buy silk based products you should be aware that Rag is free DLC.

JS, it's insane the top designers don't know this about their own game.  Almost as insane as the Lymantra not ever getting fixed, about 2 years later FFS, it's been 69 community crunches, literally more community crunches have gone by than in 62 when the Lymantra was said to be getting silk.

This is just neglect, Scorched Earth customers really got shafted, they keep saying they are going to fix/add stuff to scorched which hardly got anything and never have, other than the Phoenix, which was really more of a slap in the face to scorched buyers than a bonus, just made all the wyvern tames worthless vs alphas with the phoenix.

Not to mention the free DLC Ragnarok gets everything SE has and more without having to worry about adobe or waste structure limit on it. Hard to see why anyone would buy SE DLC who knows the game vs just playing on Rag other than maybe Manticore farming, which is inferior to Rag anyway.

You dont need to double bump man. I personally like SE for the map its self. Theres dozens of reasons why SE is nice. Also, SE was around long before Rag was. For a long time it was the only way to get wyverns, silk and others. Noone was "forced" to buy the dlc for silk.. or at all.

There was a time people cried p2w for SE.. now its the opposite. Funny how time changes opinions

Archived