TracerBee

Triple Dino Limit or Allow tribe imprint and remove platform count

Hello,

Imagine a tribe containing 50 members, each person has his own 10 dinos each = Tribe limit reached. This is just absolutely stupid, no offense but i've stated this 100 times before, developers need to start thinking from players perspective aswell. I don't know if they give any crap about this suggestion section but i'm going to suggest anyways.

Either triple the dino limit per tribe, to 1500 or allow tribe imprinting and remove platforms counting as structures.

Now i'll explain why i said it was stupid, we can just create another character, make a seperate tribe, ally with the current tribe and just transfer breeders and kibble and storage dinos over. This can be done but it's extra work that is TOTALLY UNNECESSARY! This method basically nullifies the limit feature, it will just give players a harder time.

Please consider this, in bigger tribes, players wish to have their own imprinted dinos, a large variety of them, they cannot be restricted like this since the dinos are the core feature of this game.

Edited by TracerBee

you do realise that this is how it works

there is a total wild dino value

there is a total tamed dino value

the netto wild dino value is max wild dino value - current tamed dino value

with your way, and several big active tribes not only would you reach the max tamed dino cap per server (5500) you would also prevent any new wild dino from spawning in

so yea, let's not follow this idea

Creating another character on the same server means buying another account.  In WC's eyes that's a win.  $60 extra for every player so you can bypass a game mechanic to try and balance world spawns rather than be selective about breeding, taming, and culling the weaker dinos is something I'm sure they would love everyone to do many times over.  That doubles their revenue stream for an account that will only be logged in maybe once every week to refresh and not hog and bandwidth unless you chose to dual box.

6 minutes ago, SadPanda said:

Creating another character on the same server means buying another account.  In WC's eyes that's a win.  $60 extra for every player so you can bypass a game mechanic to try and balance world spawns rather than be selective about breeding, taming, and culling the weaker dinos is something I'm sure they would love everyone to do many times over.  That doubles their revenue stream for an account that will only be logged in maybe once every week to refresh and not hog and bandwidth unless you chose to dual box.

You don't have to buy a new account. Assuming you are playing on server A, move your current main character to server B, connect back to server A, create a new character, claim dinos with it, transfer that character to server C, connect back to server B, transfer back your main to server A, repeat once a week to reset timers or whenever you need a dino in that second tribe.

43 minutes ago, SadPanda said:

Creating another character on the same server means buying another account

No, there is more than one (legal) way to have multiple characters. The current tame limits don't have any real beneficial affect on the game, they just force players to jump through stupid hoops to get around them.

Edited by Pipinghot

8 hours ago, SadPanda said:

You dont necessarily have to buy another account but yeah, i get your point. It's a low move by wildcard, just like what they did with mind wipes. Forcing players to have separate characters with crafting speed.

dino's are limited because of the strain it puts on the server. as your dino count goes up, the more resources that the server has to allocate. eventually once that number goes into the thousands, frame rates start dropping and players experience server-wide lag. that's not even including player structures. 

i don't think increasing the cap by that much is a good idea. i could see a small increase, like 1.5x or maybe even 2x but definitely not 3. the max dino limit would be reached much quicker and more tribes would be left without the ability to tame dinos.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Demigod said:

dino's are limited because of the strain it puts on the server. as your dino count goes up, the more resources that the server has to allocate. eventually once that number goes into the thousands, frame rates start dropping and players experience server-wide lag. that's not even including player structures. 

i don't think increasing the cap by that much is a good idea. i could see a small increase, like 1.5x or maybe even 2x but definitely not 3. the max dino limit would be reached much quicker and more tribes would be left without the ability to tame dinos.

There is no limit on legacy servers, you can see people having over 3000 dinos and it does not put that much strain.

And as i said, this limit is useless in the first place, we can simply create 2nd character, make another tribe, become allies and transfer dinos over.

The limit is useless, its only making players gameplay harder.

500 limit is poop for big tribes, we reached the limit within 7 days, lol.

5 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

There should not have any limit on PVP at all. Devs always said the limit was not for PVP, but PVE. Servers are probably wrongly configured due to the chaos launch created. Contact support, or ask @Jat or @lilpanda if the limit is intended on new cluster.

Ah, maybe you're right. I'll try submitting a ticket.

5 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Guys, no need to be toxic! TracerBee have a valid argument. The issue here is that the tribe limit is enabled on PVP which should not be in the first place.

it says nowhere in the original post that this is for pvp. later it says "there is no limit on legacy" also globalising everything without being clear on the subject

if OP can't even express himself, without rage then how can others reply in a "proper fashion"?

there is a tame limit on legacy, period

there is no tame limit for pvp, period (which is bad imo, hence the huge duping/clone armies)

tame limit can be easy bypasses, so no real problem to start with

and again, even if there is no tribe tame limit, there is still server wide tame cap that will be reached (9500) unless people murder each others dinos on a daily base

raising the "cap" only accelerates the speed the server wide cap is reached

everyone and his mother having their own huge kibble farms, also unneeded. trades still happen on pvp servers, wether he likes to laugh at this or not. both structures, dinos, eggs and fert eggs are traded. a simple look in the trade section will show you that.

if people don't want to trade with you, then it's you as a player that is to blame.

a "good" kibble farm, on average howmany dinos? 100? 200? we have 1 male and 3 female each which is not much at all, and it still takes on a big part of the 500 tame slots

Edited by raptorjesus666