Leeds have broken the sea 100%

paulpot

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

Since we love to build on rafts we did a raft that had stone foundations below the raft. If I remember correctly 4 walls down one foundation ring and a second foundation ring 3 walls further down. Each ring having gaps between foundation 2 ceilings wide. And two foundations at the bottom center ring. Creating sort of a bubble of stone foundations that makes the leed unable to bite the raft. We made it on one of the legacy servers and it has now auto-decay destroyed.  /Ariana

On 9/17/2017 at 12:36 AM, paulpot said:

Leeds and alpha Leeds have ruined the entire ocean across all servers. Absolutely no one is on the sea. It's killing boats in 1-3 seconds. PLEASE address this someone? Or at least acknowledge it?

Hundereds of development hours have been put in to the sea but yet no one can use it? It's so impossible for new players also 

1-3 seconds? maybe an alpha whale vs a normal raft, but I doubt it. If you are careful, and know where you should sail you can avoid any leeds problems. What do you mean no1 can use the sea? Get a water mount...get a motorboat...get honey on your raft...or just "classical git gud" and be careful where you sail: you should be at a safe distance from the ocean, so in case the whale shows up you can go quickly to the shore

Hi again,

Anti Leeds build: Build the rings mentioned above starting from the back of the raft. Build as far out as possible at the back placing the two first two rows. then take the raft out to test it out. As soon as a leed attack, look where it bite if it bites at the surface the stone highest row need to be one wall higher up. When the leed can not bite the raft while you drive it. After that complete the rings to be able to stop and leave the raft in the ocean. If you want you can build it in single player to get these rings at the right height, a big plus in singleplayer is that the boat do not auto-decay. There is a video similar to what I built, made by xONEWINGx, (youtuber name) to give you a head start.

19 hours ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hi again,

Anti Leeds build: Build the rings mentioned above starting from the back of the raft. Build as far out as possible at the back placing the two first two rows. then take the raft out to test it out. As soon as a leed attack, look where it bite if it bites at the surface the stone highest row need to be one wall higher up. When the leed can not bite the raft while you drive it. After that complete the rings to be able to stop and leave the raft in the ocean. If you want you can build it in single player to get these rings at the right height, a big plus in singleplayer is that the boat do not auto-decay. There is a video similar to what I built, made by xONEWINGx, (youtuber name) to give you a head start.

it takes up almost the 88 slots though I did see his video

22 foundations as I remember in two rings with two foundations at the center bottom. However I do not think it can be reduced further than that. but yes in the video he uses a lot of stuff while a single plant x at the back of the raft does the same thing.

WC removed the raft mast damage and you can save a lot of blocks just with that change to have that taming raft fully equipped. So in single player / dedicated server we do recommend that raft build. But not in official servers.

1 hour ago, ArianaGaming said:

22 foundations as I remember in two rings with two foundations at the center bottom. However I do not think it can be reduced further than that. but yes in the video he uses a lot of stuff while a single plant x at the back of the raft does the same thing.

WC removed the raft mast damage and you can save a lot of blocks just with that change to have that taming raft fully equipped. So in single player / dedicated server we do recommend that raft build. But not in official servers.

xOnewingx is a raft genius. I was peeved at him when he released the secret to building plant X underwater.

But, ring raft is an excellent idea. As is maxing the ring, on multiple levels, and keeping the ring raft stationary and parking your actual raft build inside the ring for protection.

Update

Switched from a No Tames server to EU No tek Islsnd Pvp server with 70/70 online.

Built a raft and sailed straight out of the river at south zone 2 , 10 or less feet from the beach and got sunk by the Alpha Leeds.

Friend sailed up to pick me up 5 minutes later and got sunk.

A stranger sailed by to see what had happened a minute later and got sunk.

So in conclusion, all servers are as bad as each other. Anyone saying it isn't a problem is so selfish that just because they don't play 'that way' they don't care if it's changed and is probably just sticking their nose in to increase their post count.

P.S I have 2k hours, tamed less than 5 dinos, only ever had 1 flyer and didn't like it. I didn't comment on the flyer nerf posts because it didn't concern me even though I benefited from not being picked up and dropped every 5 minutes - so do me a favour!!!

2 hours ago, paulpot said:

Update

Switched from a No Tames server to EU No tek Islsnd Pvp server with 70/70 online.

Built a raft and sailed straight out of the river at south zone 2 , 10 or less feet from the beach and got sunk by the Alpha Leeds.

Friend sailed up to pick me up 5 minutes later and got sunk.

A stranger sailed by to see what had happened a minute later and got sunk.

So in conclusion, all servers are as bad as each other. Anyone saying it isn't a problem is so selfish that just because they don't play 'that way' they don't care if it's changed and is probably just sticking their nose in to increase their post count.

P.S I have 2k hours, tamed less than 5 dinos, only ever had 1 flyer and didn't like it. I didn't comment on the flyer nerf posts because it didn't concern me even though I benefited from not being picked up and dropped every 5 minutes - so do me a favour!!!

You had 1 alpha leeds in the area that sunk 3 unprepared boats.   Dude lol,  really?

I'll come on on your server,  give me 1 large crop plot, 1 plantX seed,  and I'll do laps around your island drunk and naked.    All I'll take in payment is everything your tibe has as you deserve to suffer for still not doing what everybody here is telling you over and over.  

24 minutes ago, Kayin said:

You had 1 alpha leeds in the area that sunk 3 unprepared boats.   Dude lol,  really?

I'll come on on your server,  give me 1 large crop plot, 1 plantX seed,  and I'll do laps around your island drunk and naked.    All I'll take in payment is everything your tibe has as you deserve to suffer for still not doing what everybody here is telling you over and over.  

Went to the west got hit by another. Not putting it up with it anymore. 

Archived