Leeds have broken the sea 100%

paulpot

On 9/16/2017 at 3:50 PM, Reiid13 said:

On a no tame server the Leeds make boat travel / pvp impossible . What's the point in even allowing boats on the server , as soon as you get off the shore your boat is gone 

Leeds can't go to the shallow part of the water. you're boat should be safe, provided you parked it not in the open where players can destroy it easily.

Edited: wow the longer I read I realize how much this thread has grown on this topic. I haven't played no taming server in quite awhile. Sometime before leeds were introduced. I can imagine how painful it is getting around without a raft.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ArkCreation said:

Leeds can't go to the shallow part of the water. you're boat should be safe, provided you parked it not in the open where players can destroy it easily.

Edited: wow the longer I read I realize how much this thread has grown on this topic. I haven't played no taming server in quite awhile. Sometime before leeds were introduced. I can imagine how painful it is getting around without a raft.

It can be pretty challenging to cross some of the larger and more rugged maps on foot, although the Island still isn't a huge challenge or time sink.  Then again, challenge is actually the key draw to a no tame server... the vastly increased difficulty of dealing with adverse terrain and hostile wildlife.

Well, at least Jat said he'd be looking into the possibility that some tweaks might be made.

2 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

It can be pretty challenging to cross some of the larger and more rugged maps on foot, although the Island still isn't a huge challenge or time sink.  Then again, challenge is actually the key draw to a no tame server... the vastly increased difficulty of dealing with adverse terrain and hostile wildlife.

Well, at least Jat said he'd be looking into the possibility that some tweaks might be made.

Yeah it actually made me feel good that he responded on the forums. They should do that as often as they can. It lets people know they are aware we exist and playing the game they made.

7 minutes ago, Kayin said:

1 SpeciesX plant on the back of your boat will allow you to escape a Leeds.   2 - 3 speciesX will allow you to kill a Leeds.      I've personally tested this.   Our "Leeds killer" boat took out 2 Leeds at the same time with 3 speciesX plants.

It was normal raft.  Not a motorboat.

Not when it comes from underneath the boat. Plus newer players shouldn't nor wont work around it. Just fix the leeds!

12 minutes ago, Kayin said:

1 SpeciesX plant on the back of your boat will allow you to escape a Leeds.   2 - 3 speciesX will allow you to kill a Leeds.      I've personally tested this.   Our "Leeds killer" boat took out 2 Leeds at the same time with 3 speciesX plants.

It was normal raft.  Not a motorboat.

Yeah wouldn't mention that they admitted to me they had it through duping. At the end of the EA it was also full tek lol

5 hours ago, paulpot said:

Alpha leeds 1 shot before you know what's even hit you. No tames servers. Just read the actual thread before commenting PLEASE

You've made it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that you're on a no-tame server. We get it....but you don't need to tame a Plant X Species. Get a few and put them on your raft. If you're unwilling to do that, then I don't know what to tell you.

You can tell me to read this thread all you want...but I'm not one who needs the information contained within it. You have been given the solution to your problem by people who are better at the game than you are. You can continue failing with a bad strategy, or you can listen to people don't die from Leeds. It's your call.

25 minutes ago, paulpot said:

Not when it comes from underneath the boat. Plus newer players shouldn't nor wont work around it. Just fix the leeds!

The Leeds aren't broken. You are.

40 minutes ago, paulpot said:

Yes it will allow you to escape the Leeds even when it comes from under the boat.  

Have you ever fought a Leeds?   your raft can take at least 2 chomps, and the attack pattern of the Leeds has it swimming in a big circle like a wyvern.    The only time your raft gets 1 shot is a high level alpha leeds which is extremely rare.

Wow, just wow, No tame PVP is one of the most fun versions of this game.

Everyone here is saying boats are the only way to travel besides on foot?

No one here uses Parachutes? Find that hard to believe.

You can travel over half the map with ONE.

As for Leeds, for those of us that have figured it out, rule the oceans. Chuckle at those scared to get on their rafts.

For the rest, all I can say is + Movement Speed + Movement Speed + Movement Speed. Run Forest Run.....

4 hours ago, Reiid13 said:

I've tried this stupid honey method with my tribe , I was sailing and all 7 members had honey ( aswell as raft having x2 plant X ) .

Leeds came from under us and one shot us , absolutely zero time to mess around with honey . 

Id also like to mention that I've played the game from two weeks after beta and played it throughout so I know the game mechanics and had a alpha tribe on server 6 EU . 

This thread was created ( I presume ) to benefit others and make an issue known . It's a fact the Leeds have killed no tame servers 

BOATS ARE ONLY METHOD OF TRAVELING ( apart from walking ) , THE ALPHA LEEDS WHICH ARE PLENTIFUL ON NO TAME ONE SHOT ALL BOATS RENDERING THE SERVERS DEAD BECAUSE PEOPLE DONT WANT TO WALK HOURS AROUND THE MAP ! 

( excuse caps but half the people commenting in this much needed thread are palming it off as not an issue and no doubt are playing on tame servers ) 

Grappling Hooks and Parachutes

21 minutes ago, paulpot said:

Not really a problem if they don't change it. People who liked the sea the way it used to be for exploring and raft wars like the last couple of years will leave like myself. Everyone can enjoy floating around the Island next to the beach like a washed up turd. 

Whether you intended it or not, your use of the term "Washed up turd" was a perfect summation of this discussion. Let's look at some of the various definitions and see how they might apply to this thread:

washed-up: adjective
-deposited by the tide on a shore
-no longer suitable for or able to do what you did in the past
-no longer successful, skillful, popular, or needed
-no longer effective or successful

turd: noun
-a lump of dung; piece of excrement
-an unpleasant or contemptible person or thing
-a person regarded as obnoxious or contemptible

Someone who does not modify their approach to rafting after the Leeds was introduced will likely find themselves deposited by the tide on a shore contemptuously shouting obnoxious unpleasantries.

Now...put some turrets on your raft.

On 9/16/2017 at 8:06 PM, Jat said:

I don't think we'd be inclined to remove it entirely, but perhaps we can reduce the # that exist, or make some tweaks. I'll mention it to the team as a concern and we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the feedback guys! 

I hope the team highly reconsiders the balancing of this on primitive plus servers as it is impossible for us to use anything other than Raft and dinghy on here which for the most part means no sea travel especially with bases built up on beach front property forcing players out into the deep sea to navigate around blockages.  

Even without blockages, whales spawns are broken and are not restricted to deep oceans and are still spawning in shallow beaches that gimp any poor rafters that are even hugging the shorelines.  At least this is the case on Ragnarok.

20170915231312_1.thumb.jpg.eb28ab37735917a06225e1d221c7b6a3.jpg

18 hours ago, SadPanda said:

I hope the team highly reconsiders the balancing of this on primitive plus servers as it is impossible for us to use anything other than Raft and dinghy on here which for the most part means no sea travel especially with bases built up on beach front property forcing players out into the deep sea to navigate around blockages.  

Even without blockages, whales spawns are broken and are not restricted to deep oceans and are still spawning in shallow beaches that gimp any poor rafters that are even hugging the shorelines.  At least this is the case on Ragnarok.

20170915231312_1.thumb.jpg.eb28ab37735917a06225e1d221c7b6a3.jpg

Yeah exactly 

49 minutes ago, paulpot said:

Yeah exactly 

Hopefully Jat comes back to actually read this again since Ced is stuck in Japan.  Rafts are getting difficult to utilize on prim more and more each day as beaches get built up on now.  Looks like flight will be the only way to go and hope no wyvs find the quetz looking like a tasty appetizer.

Yeah these thing suck but as long as you stick to the coast as much as possible and use the orbit camera to look underneath your raft you should be good , you can also try setting some plant x to wild and placing them on the back of your raft to help slow them down when they are following you, it should at least buy you time to get to the shore.

This thread has become a joke. The few that are complaining about the leeds obviously don't know how to play the game. Can we please not change the game for those that can't play? 

It's the equivalent of some noobs coming in here and saying the temperature in the snow or desert biomes are too much. That they die too fast etc etc.

Either listen to the advice you've been given or go play another game that doesn't require skill and luck (yes this game requires luck).

Something that is broken and offers nothing is the sandstorms SE have, people literally just afk for 15minutes or base sit during that time period. So feel free to go make a topic about that and complain. 

I think that Alpha leeds shouldn't even be nerfed it's the same as walking around the island on land and an alpha carno takes interest in you, you could be dead before you know it's even there, doesn't mean it should be removed.

Finally lets be honest, the only thing you're whining about is the ALPHA LEEDS not the LEEDS because a regular LEEDS does NOT 1/2 hit a raft, that is an ALPHA LEEDS that will destroy a raft so quick.

Archived