Leeds have broken the sea 100%

paulpot

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get the leeds is to op threads. They are easy to deal with, you don't need tames for that. Just be a little bit more creative than: I have a boat. There are numerous possibilities to deal with leeds. For example a single plant x slows them to a crawl, dropping honey distracts them. And you can actually build a leeds proof boat, don't just put down some metal foundations, put some thought into it, it's possible.

23 minutes ago, Thorium said:

I don't get the leeds is to op threads. They are easy to deal with, you don't need tames for that. Just be a little bit more creative than: I have a boat. There are numerous possibilities to deal with leeds. For example a single plant x slows them to a crawl, dropping honey distracts them. And you can actually build a leeds proof boat, don't just put down some metal foundations, put some thought into it, it's possible.

Maybe just maybe that is true. But with the seas being DEAD with NO players on it, what do you intend we do? message the entire playbase explaining this? 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, paulpot said:

But with the seas being DEAD with NO players on it, what do you intend we do? message the entire playbase explaining this? 

It's not exactly a hidden fact that honey can be used to distract creatures. It's actually in the trailer that announced the giant bee.

That said, as painful as it sounds, messaging your entire server beats keeping people ignorant.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Z00jo said:

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that, I had 7 full metal rafts destroyed in 2 days. Regular leeds I can handle, what for me each time was alpha leeds. All it takes is one hit. Nowadays I just hug the beach and have plant species on raft. Easy to kill leeds but not when you're in the middle of the ocean lol

It doesn't matter what material you try to box your raft in. Leedsicthys are designed to directly hit your raft.

26 minutes ago, Z00jo said:

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that, I had 7 full metal rafts destroyed in 2 days. Regular leeds I can handle, what for me each time was alpha leeds. All it takes is one hit. Nowadays I just hug the beach and have plant species on raft. Easy to kill leeds but not when you're in the middle of the ocean lol

Feeling your pain

To highlight a few facts here guys,

Alpha leeds can 1 shot if not 2 shot a raft, so that point is valid somewhat.

However with that said an alpha raptor can 1 shot a noob running around naked on the beach, that doesn't mean they should be removed.

Alpha leeds have the EXACT same hp as a regular leeds, so just get in the water and kill it if you know it's there.

If you're biggest issue is getting to herb, build a canal out of pillars stopping the leeds from getting to the one save path you can make to herb

It's no tame, it's supposed to be harder. Just be glad you have rafts since technically speaking they are tames in the eyes of the coding...

On 9/17/2017 at 1:20 AM, invincibleqc said:

You clearly can. Like I mentioned above; leeds are weak and you can easilly kill them with few arrows. This is quite simple, stop being lazy and scout around before trying to go on the other side. This is a survival game for a reason, leeds are a nice mechanic and are EASILY avoidable if you take the required precautions.

So your best tip is to jump off the raft as the Leeds is attacking and shoot the Leeds lmao bet you can't kill it before it kills your raft

To be honest, I was wondering what all of the leeds fuss was about for the first few months of their arrival. Ever since I started on the new servers (Ragnarok) and could only manage to get around and get things done with rafts, I've noticed how annoying and stupid the Leeds actually are. We kept having to build a new raft with a whole new set of stone structures covering it because whenever we went to take any short-cuts (south west of Ragnarok) a Leeds would attack, sometimes even 2 together and there came a point where there were 3 Leeds around the same area together, bullying every raft in sight, so of course I always sailed along the coast/shallow waters which took longer but it also left me more exposed (PvP server) and that exposure cost me my raft, items and a Ptera I worked so hard on taming with little to nothing. 

• Volunteer Moderator
40 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

So your best tip is to jump off the raft as the Leeds is attacking and shoot the Leeds lmao bet you can't kill it before it kills your raft

No. Stay near the shore and you should be fine. If for some reason you have to go further (like OP going to Herbo Island), then scout around before doing so and kill them. Again, Leeds are a joke to kill. If you can't handle them, you might want to buy a copy of Minecraft instead. :)

10 hours ago, Jay89 said:

This is the main issue , there's no time to realistically do this . 

Its a serious issue for no tame servers  yet you have people exaggerating it's not an issue ( and no doubt these are the people that play on tame servers) 

There is no boat game at al on no tame servers because of Leeds 

10 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

No. Stay near the shore and you should be fine. If for some reason you have to go further (like OP going to Herbo Island), then scout around before doing so and kill them. Again, Leeds are a joke to kill. If you can't handle them, you might want to buy a copy of Minecraft instead. :)

Don't tell them to do that. If they can't handle a Leeds, imagine how much they'll flip out over creepers. 

On 9/16/2017 at 11:42 PM, ranger1presents said:

Perhaps this is a bit silly, but have you tried dropping honey behind you as it approaches?  Honest question.

I doubt it. Every complaint I've ever seen about the Leeds just reeks of "I'm complaining about something I've never tried to kill." 

Legit...you can kill them on a frog...and 1 single Plant-X turret keeps them from ever catching your boat.

17 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

I doubt it. Every complaint I've ever seen about the Leeds just reeks of "I'm complaining about something I've never tried to kill." 

Legit...you can kill them on a frog...and 1 single Plant-X turret keeps them from ever catching your boat.

Alpha leeds 1 shot before you know what's even hit you. No tames servers. Just read the actual thread before commenting PLEASE

19 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Don't tell them to do that. If they can't handle a Leeds, imagine how much they'll flip out over creepers. 

I've tried this stupid honey method with my tribe , I was sailing and all 7 members had honey ( aswell as raft having x2 plant X ) .

Leeds came from under us and one shot us , absolutely zero time to mess around with honey . 

Id also like to mention that I've played the game from two weeks after beta and played it throughout so I know the game mechanics and had a alpha tribe on server 6 EU . 

This thread was created ( I presume ) to benefit others and make an issue known . It's a fact the Leeds have killed no tame servers 

BOATS ARE ONLY METHOD OF TRAVELING ( apart from walking ) , THE ALPHA LEEDS WHICH ARE PLENTIFUL ON NO TAME ONE SHOT ALL BOATS RENDERING THE SERVERS DEAD BECAUSE PEOPLE DONT WANT TO WALK HOURS AROUND THE MAP ! 

( excuse caps but half the people commenting in this much needed thread are palming it off as not an issue and no doubt are playing on tame servers ) 

Archived