Leeds have broken the sea 100%

paulpot

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

You clearly can. Like I mentioned above; leeds are weak and you can easilly kill them with few arrows. This is quite simple, stop being lazy and scout around before trying to go on the other side. This is a survival game for a reason, leeds are a nice mechanic and are EASILY avoidable if you take the required precautions.

Lost 2 boats in 3 hours tonight. Cheers 

P.s not a chance against alpha or normal leeds. Barely have time to get out the door.

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

They are always level 1 with 4.4k hp, you can kill them with ~20 spears if you don't have access to anything else. They are NOT a serious treat.

I have seen them at higher levels. They do not always spawn at level 1. Plus, their heads are very well-armored. I hardly call that something to take lightly. Now, if they were peaceful creatures in all situations, this would probably be true. Where did you see or hear that they are always level 1? I've seen some as high as the 40s and 50s in level.

Leeds are a vital way to keep the server from being clogged with 10000 boats. I've spent much time on rafts and motorboats each and leeds are never much of an issue. If I see a Leed i just aim to closer shore, its NOT HARD.

For those that still have issues, have a small chest right by where you pilot the ship with supplies to repair the boat.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Nch1418 said:

I have seen them at higher levels. They do not always spawn at level 1. Plus, their heads are very well-armored. I hardly call that something to take lightly. Now, if they were peaceful creatures in all situations, this would probably be true. Where did you see or hear that they are always level 1? I've seen some as high as the 40s and 50s in level.

They do. They nerfed them in v256.3:

* Leeds will no longer scale in damage/level etc.

* Leeds spawns adjusted so no longer spawning near shorelines

35 minutes ago, Jat said:

Perhaps, but doesn't hurt to talk about though ;) people will exaggerate about everything! The game wasn't designed around no-taming servers, so there are going to be some things that don't quite work or are immensely different.

I would disregard it, or maybe just up the trilo bite spawns if you must. Myself and mate play on vanilla, and we don't tame and the amount of crap we've got, we could easily make a motorboat.

So essentially we're playing no-tame against people that have tames and with reduced rates. I think we've got about 100-150 black pearls from kill trilobites. Also come level 81 they can make scuba and crossbow the sea-scorpions

34 minutes ago, Racidon said:

I would disregard it, or maybe just up the trilo bite spawns if you must. Myself and mate play on vanilla, and we don't tame and the amount of crap we've got, we could easily make a motorboat.

So essentially we're playing no-tame against people that have tames and with reduced rates. I think we've got about 100-150 black pearls from kill trilobites. Also come level 81 they can make scuba and crossbow the sea-scorpions

So because it's not a problem for you and your game style screw everyone else? Lovely 

1 hour ago, paulpot said:

Why comment if you clearly dont play no tames? I cannot go from the Island over to herbivore island without being sunk. I urge you to try it before you comment. 

I believe you when you say a Leeds is spawned on that a-b route, but the way you are talking there is a Leeds every 20 meters. They really aren't that common.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

You clearly can. Like I mentioned above; leeds are weak and you can easilly kill them with few arrows. This is quite simple, stop being lazy and scout around before trying to go on the other side. This is a survival game for a reason, leeds are a nice mechanic and are EASILY avoidable if you take the required precautions.

When your boat rocks once then gets demolished there's no time for that , they're a lot quicker than a non motorised boat . Please join a non tame server and see how they're dead . They're dead and people constantly talk about the Leeds , and state that's the main reason they're moving to a tame . Leeds aren't a problem on a server that uses tames 

I think a basic raft should be able to outrun it ONLY if its constantly moving..if your stopped in the middle of the ocean doing nothing or can't get to your rudder quick enough, then sucks to be you...but running should be an option atleast.

im on south east shore closest to herb island and have gotten my giga stuck on herb island more than once ...killed the leed. Made another raft and another one came and destroyed it...rinse and repeat. I couldn't imagine rafting around the map like I use to do with large storage boxes filled with resources..too risky. More of a reason to take to the skies with a flyer

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, Reiid13 said:

When your boat rocks once then gets demolished there's no time for that

False. A raft have 20,000 hp:

559B4E994B5C81A4CC61FE4828B968D29DCF9E77

After 1 hit, it was at 15,203 hp:

1233572E73134CF1399458121DE4B298486A732D

Since Leeds' damage/level doesn't scale, it will ALWAYS hit your raft for 4,797 hp. 20,000 / 4,797 = 4.17 rounded to 5 hits to down a raft. Conclusion: a Leed will NEVER one shot your raft unless you never repair it but that is on you to blame.

17 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

False. A raft have 20,000 hp:

559B4E994B5C81A4CC61FE4828B968D29DCF9E77

After 1 hit, it was at 15,203 hp:

1233572E73134CF1399458121DE4B298486A732D

Since Leeds' damage/level doesn't scale, it will ALWAYS hit your raft for 4,797 hp. 20,000 / 4,797 = 4.17 rounded to 5 hits to down a raft. Conclusion: a Leed will NEVER one shot your raft unless you never repair it but that is on you to blame.

Alpha.

42 minutes ago, SatanicPopeye said:

I believe you when you say a Leeds is spawned on that a-b route, but the way you are talking there is a Leeds every 20 meters. They really aren't that common.

There's no one to kill them on no tame. I don't know why you are arguing about it. If it's not a problem why would we bother evening bringing it up? Think it through batman. 

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, paulpot said:

Alpha.

Alpha deals 13,348 damage per hit meaning 2 hits so still not one shot. They also have the same amount of health as a regular one (4.4k hp) so they are a joke to kill. And even easier, due to their size.

Seriously guys, stop being lazy and scout the sea and kill them (or kite them away) before moving your rafts across the map for moving resources farming, etc. 9_9

8 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Alpha deals 13,348 damage per hit meaning 2 hits so still not one shot. They also have the same amount of health as a regular one (4.4k hp) so they are a joke to kill. And even easier, due to their size.

Seriously guys, stop being lazy and scout the sea and kill them (or kite them away) before moving your rafts across the map for moving resources farming, etc. 9_9

People pvp at sea so you've embarrassed yourself there. 

11 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I feel like that's not true, I've had Alpha Leeds one-shot rafts easy.

59 minutes ago, paulpot said:

There's no one to kill them on no tame. I don't know why you are arguing about it. If it's not a problem why would we bother evening bringing it up? Think it through batman. 

LOL. Have you read these forums before? You are far from the first person to complain the game is too hard. Invariably it's a ltp issue.

6 hours ago, Jat said:

Perhaps, but doesn't hurt to talk about though ;) people will exaggerate about everything! The game wasn't designed around no-taming servers, so there are going to be some things that don't quite work or are immensely different.

To be fair they are not really exaggerating,  I noticed it when the new servers came out too,  first few days when the centre came out there was raft wars,, it's one of the most fun parts of low level pvp, now with the Leeds the new servers hardly had anyone out at sea,  everyone was stuck hogging the shore line or running on foot,  much less random pvp encounters. Should maybe limit the Leeds to 1 or two per map,  or make them slower so you can out run them on a raft 

Archived