Leeds have broken the sea 100%

paulpot

Leeds and alpha Leeds have ruined the entire ocean across all servers. Absolutely no one is on the sea. It's killing boats in 1-3 seconds. PLEASE address this someone? Or at least acknowledge it?

Hundereds of development hours have been put in to the sea but yet no one can use it? It's so impossible for new players also 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jat said:

Perhaps I'm missing something glaringly obvious, but why is it impossible to make a Motorboat on no-tame servers? 

they might mean with motorboats requiring 60 black pearls and fact its incredibly hard to farm them on a no tame server the otter might make it a bit easier now but its still going to be incredibly time consuming

7 minutes ago, Jat said:

Perhaps I'm missing something glaringly obvious, but why is it impossible to make a Motorboat on no-tame servers? 

Regardless of if it's possible or not , why should survivors spend a good while building a boat ( since it's an in game option for those who want to ) to have it sunk as soon as you go further than the shoreline . It's not just like " it might happen" it happens all the time as soon as you venture off the shore 

8 minutes ago, Jat said:

The black pearls are so rare and unfarmable without a tame. Been playing since the launch of no tame servers and as soon as the leeds got added the servers went from 70 to around 20. There are currently leeds about every 1 minutes worth of sailing on no tames so it's not playable. 

Imo no tames servers were the most competitive pvp servers going. 

If any admin logs in scout the sea on no tames you will not even see 1 single boat that is not is the on beach I guarantee it 100%. (As they are all destroyed)

No tame servers were where the boat pvp was at since it was the only method of fast traveling . Due to the Leeds they make traveling on foot the only option now , rendering no tame servers dead ( 20 people max this Saturday night ) because people don't want to spend hours walking the map . 

GET RID OF THE LEEDS ON NO TAME SERVERS PLEASE !

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, SatanicPopeye said:

There is a whole lot of exaggeration going on here

Perhaps, but doesn't hurt to talk about though ;) people will exaggerate about everything! The game wasn't designed around no-taming servers, so there are going to be some things that don't quite work or are immensely different.

5 minutes ago, Jat said:

Perhaps, but doesn't hurt to talk about though ;) people will exaggerate about everything! The game wasn't designed around no-taming servers, so there are going to be some things that don't quite work or are immensely different.

I cannot go from one island to the next I really do mean that. Would love to show someone. I love the quirks of the game we always work around them. I've tried dropping foundations and walls further but the splash damage still goes through the stone/metal foundations straight to the wood.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, paulpot said:

Why comment if you clearly dont play no tames? I cannot go from the Island over to herbivore island without being sunk. I urge you to try it before you comment. 

You clearly can. Like I mentioned above; leeds are weak and you can easilly kill them with few arrows. This is quite simple, stop being lazy and scout around before trying to go on the other side. This is a survival game for a reason, leeds are a nice mechanic and are EASILY avoidable if you take the required precautions.

I have had Leedsichthys attack me while going out for resource harvesting. It happened on the Center to me once. The trick with the Leeds is that you just keep moving and don't stop till you get to your destination. Also, I've found mounting minigun or ballista turrets on rafts/motorboats are a good way to fend them off. You could also tame a creature that can fend off the Leeds like a Mosasaurus. Mosa pretty much always trumps the Leeds in a one-on-one fight.

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

You clearly can. Like I mentioned above; leeds are weak and you can easilly kill them with few arrows. This is quite simple, stop being lazy and scout around before trying to go on the other side. This is a survival game for a reason, leeds are a nice mechanic and are EASILY avoidable if you take the required precautions.

True, but I can see why on no tame servers this might be a problem before you get to things such as crossbows and turrets.

Archived