pvp [EU] CatBit Cluster [S+] [Purge] [Cross Ark Chat] [Tribe Log Notifications]

Thorium

The CatBit Cluster started all fresh on 22th september 2017.

It's located in germany, so primarily for EU players.

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/hdXB64q

Island: steam://connect/CatBitIsland.AirDns.org:27754
Scorched Earth: steam://connect/CatBitScorched.AirDns.org:27758
Ragnarok: steam://connect/CatBitRagnarok.AirDns.org:27762
Aberration: steam://connect/CatBitAberration.AirDns.org:22303

Purge System
The cluster has a purge system: Structures take only 0.1x damage. Only on purge time they take normal damage. Purge time is every sunday from 9:00 to 21:00 UTC. This is to discourage offline raiding and giving players a set time they need to defend their bases. Raiding during non purge time is still allowed, but would be very inefficient.

Unique Features: (maybe not 100% unique but not many server have them)

• Tribe Log gets pushed to Discord channel (video below)
  • Cross Server Chat (everything you write in global chat will be forwarded to all servers in the cluster)
  • custom loot crates with blueprints of S+ structures instead of vanilla structures

Settings:

• PvPvE
  • Difficulty 5.0 (wild dinos up to level 150)
  • Experience x1
  • Resource Harvesting x2
  • Taming x3
  • Structure Collisions deactivated
  • Auto Turrets and Plant X allowed on platforms
  • Damage Numbers activated
  • Corpse Locator activated
  • Unlimited Respecs activated
  • Baby Mature Speed x20
  • Cuddle Interval x0.05

This are the most important settings, there are much more tweaks. You can read up on them in our Discord server, there is a complete list of settings.

Mods:

• Structures Plus
  • Platforms Plus
  • Tribute and Element Transfer Scrolls
  • Egg and Poop Collector
  • Tavan's Trough
  • Rotten Box
  • Creature Breed Mods for: Scorpions, Mantis, Titanoboa, Arthropleura, Spiders, Bats and Lymantrias

Structures Plus has quite some stuff deactivated or tweaked to keep it in balance. Full list of settings is on Discord.

Servers in the cluster:

• Island
  • Scorched Earth
  • Ragnarok
  • Aberration

I host ARK servers since a few weeks after it hit early access.The CatBit cluster was the longest running set of ARK servers is hosted. The decision to wipe them and start over wasn't easy. But the fact is nobody except me and my tribe mate played on it anymore. And nobody was interested to join a server that was running for almost a year already. So we decided that we start over. And use our experience to select new mods and tweak the settings to our liking and hopefully yours as well.

The two major points against unofficial servers are admin abuse and uncertainty how long the server will be available. I want to address both of them.

Admin Abuse:
We have a clean track record of zero cases of admin abuse. I am the only admin on the cluster and never did abuse my power. I subject myself to the very same rules as any other player. I did never broke them and i will never break them. If you suffered from admin abuse on another server, give this one a shot. You will notice that i am just a normal player on the server. Everything that can be automated is automated. Like updates for the server and mods.  So i can't be influenced by what happens in the game. If a timer for an update hit's, it hit's. It's not my descission. This is done consciously to avoid situations in which i could abuse my admin privileges. There are very few rules and if i need to enforce them, i will. If no one breaks the rules, you will never see me having admin privileges in game. We actually have a track record of zero banned players, you can insult me as much as you want. I only care about you following the rules. As long as you do this, you will not be banned.

Uncertainty how long the server will be available:
We are financially secured. We don't need any money from the player base to keep the server running and we don't want any money from our player base. The last cluster was running almost a year and is only being wiped because no one is playing anymore. We had players playing over 1k hours on the server but eventually they all lost interest. A few of them will actually come back, when we start fresh. I promise you that i will not shut down the cluster as long as a single person is playing on it. If it will be shut down i will provide the save files as i did with our previous servers.

Rules:

• It's a unmoderated server. So you don't have to be nice to people, you don't have to be politically correct. Everything you write in chat is considered part of the game. As long as you don't dox people you can write or say what ever you want, i don't care.
  • No cheating, this includes bug abusing or exploiting. You are not allowed to abuse a game breaking bug, for example duping. There are a lot of small bugs that will not get you banned. If you are not sure what will you get banned and what will not get you banned, just ask me in Discord.
  • You will not get compensation or help for stuff you lose to bugs. This is mainly so no abuse happens. If an admin loses stuff, he will never spawn it back. The same goes for every player. If you get stuck, you will not be teleported out. Ask players to help you. Or simply die. Losing tames is not as hard of a hit on our server as we have very fast breeding. This is a hard server with no admin intervention, but it's one you can be certain there is no admin abuse.
  • There are no warnings and there are no punishments. If you don't stick to the rules, you will be permanently banned. This is a server you can do all kinds of stuff on without admin intervention. If you can't stick to the few rules we have, we just don't want you on our cluster.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've played on this server for several hours so far and really like it. The rates are low enough to provide a challenge but high enough to not make it frustrating.

The server just needs more people, almost all great spots are still open, so come and join :)

My only suggestion is to maybe pump dino spawn rate a bit though the weird spawns might be related to the ragnarok map & add s+ tree platform mod because building on regular platforms is so buggy and messed up.

On 9/27/2017 at 1:05 PM, avalava said:

I've played on this server for several hours so far and really like it. The rates are low enough to provide a challenge but high enough to not make it frustrating.

The server just needs more people, almost all great spots are still open, so come and join :)

My only suggestion is to maybe pump dino spawn rate a bit though the weird spawns might be related to the ragnarok map & add s+ tree platform mod because building on regular platforms is so buggy and messed up.

Thx for your feedback.

The dino spawn rates are not changed by me. With one of the last updates they decreased dino spawns on Ragnarok. I actually like that change because there was a lot of overspawning. Ragnarok makes up for having less amount dinos by having more high level dinos. Finding high level dinos is much easier on Ragnarok than on the other maps.

For your request for Platforms Plus mod. I looked into it and actually added it to the cluster today.

Currently Steam workshop has problems on some mods, they will take ages to download. So if you join the server for the first time, restart your steam after a failed join attempt and give it some time to download and install the mods. This can take a long time but they will eventually install, even if they show 0 byte/s download.

I am sorry for that but i can't do anything against it other than report the issue, which i already did.

We just did a large update to the cluster in preparation to remove Automated Ark.

We do have some issues with the Automated Ark mod and the mod author doesn't care to fix them, so we move on. It's replaced by "Tavan's Trough" and "Rotten Box". Two very reliable mods we used a lot in the past. Also look for the S+ variations of vanilla structures to replace your Automated Ark structures. All Automated Ark engrams have been deactivated. The mod itself will be removed 15th of October, so you got a week to move your stored items and demolish the structures to get half the resources back.

Also we installed "Joan's Egg N Poop Collector" for all your egg collecting and fertilizer needs.

We also installed mods to enable some creatures to breed, that are normally not able to breed. This is to give some useless creatures some more meaning in the game. Originally we used Insects-Plus for this but the mod has a crash bug. While the author is currently looking into the crash and working on a fix, i like the simple breeding mods better, that do not change anything except making them able to breed. Creatures are: Scorpions, Mantis, Titanoboa, Arthropleura, Spiders, Bats and Lymantrias

On saturday the CatBit cluster turns one year old. It was 15th of october, when season one started. To celebrate the anniversary, we will have a special event over the weekend, starting on saturday morning. You should go hunting for the beacon drops with golden rings (double drops).

You can get some items that are usually hard to get (or even impossible) but will not impact balance significantly.

Also interesting for new players as all double drops including white ones will get the event loot. So came and join. We are just about 3 weeks into season 2. You still got all the chances to be a alpha tribe and there still a lot of great base spots free.

Most people play Ragnarok, so if you want a lot of interaction, join Ragnarok and join the Discord.

Archived