Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????, ARK Digest 49 & Community Crunch 103!

Jen

1 hour ago, Echotheshadow said:

Ok I'm at a loss for scorched Earth, what's it's importance to arks story? When does it take place? Will here be some sort of tek cave? Please ark give me Closure on scorched Earth!

I think that Scorched Earth takes place partly before the events described on the Island and partly after those events. Then that's where the story continues with Aberration. Just my guess. It may actually be like a side story type of thing. Sort of like a spinoff, but not if that makes any sense. Something I noticed was that there are several arks that aren't unique (e.g. there is more than one Island it seems). I wonder why that is? And which Island are we on in the game?

22 hours ago, Nch1418 said:

So then, if Helena is on the Utahraptor, is that Nerva on the Smilodon (sabertooth cat)? Also, is that Raia on the fire wyvern for the Scorched Earth cover art? Also, on the final cover art for the game when it was fully released, it now looks like Helena is on a Baryonyx with a bunch of random characters on other creatures in a huge battle? What could all that mean?

Nah, I think Sabretooth guy is Helena's friend and Wyvern rider looks to be male, one of Raia's riders perhaps?

IM super excited to play the new dlc.

you should add mermaids to the game. they could gather tools and black pearls and normal pearls. and catch fish for you maybe even oil.  they could live in an underwater cave as a group. they could work together with the dolphin things and the mantas.. like have tamed ones.  they could try to sink boats when they are angered they could steal things from players.  

130530-mermaids1.jpg

• Facepalm 1

Over a month ago you mentioned you were looking into including s+ ( a mod that is majorly needed on consoles and adds many Quality of life features in addition to adding and improving on the core building functionality of ark) but since then radio silence on this, what is the progress? 
Giving that it has over a million subscribers (and most questions i ask i am usually directed towards the s+ mod as the fix/solution/answer) we can be sure it is rather stable. So how much longer do we poor console owners have to suffer?

I feel like the ghillie armor is good but it doesn't feel very useful for PvP. It's much darker in color than than the normal vegetation color and is too shiny. Also, since people load in at further ranges than ground vegetation someone could be completely visible without knowing. Could you make changes to the armor for to make it better for PvP.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:03 PM, GeneralTalon said:

Isn't she the leader of an entire settlement pretty much? Wouldn't be surprised if she had some riders besides herself. She is not Daenerys.

She was the leader of the settlement of Nosti, but that was before one of the obelisks supposedly obliterated it and prompting her and John Dahkeya to escape. Then, they were attacked by wyverns and John was killed, which tore Raia apart and prompted her to train some of her own wyverns, take on the name Wali al Aswad, and help people in a revenge-driven quest to defy the so-called false gods (the Creators I guess?) that presided over Scorched Earth. I always assumed she did this all by herself. She never mentioned having allies and none of the other SE Explorer Notes, especially Helena's, mention any such thing.

On 9/15/2017 at 7:52 PM, Jen said:

We have some information to share on the Xbox Play Anywhere and Rentable Servers front. Unfortunately, due to the weather and some other unavoidable circumstances, our plans for mid-month have been slightly pushed back. Our current timeline is looking like the end of the month, but when we get closer to that we'll be able to provide you with a more specific date.

@Jen @Jat We're closer to that date now; the end of the month is t-minus 4 days. Can we please get an update on when to expect this? Xbox Ragnarok servers are way too overpopulated, so my tribe has simply not played the game since full release. We are waiting on private servers and Play Anywhere.

Edited by Blasta

18 hours ago, Blasta said:

@Jen @Jat We're closer to that date now; the end of the month is t-minus 4 days. Can we please get an update on when to expect this? Xbox Ragnarok servers are way too overpopulated, so my tribe has simply not played the game since full release. We are waiting on private servers and Play Anywhere.

Yes, We are ALL WAITING for this answer. been too long and 0 updates on their '''''''''''''''''Progress'''''''''''