3x lvl 150 Gigas Tamed on Day 3. Possible or Cheat?

Aurjay

This has been bothering me ever since I seen this happen.  We have a player on our server, NA-PVE-TheCenter84, that tamed 3 max level Gigas on the 3rd day of the server's existence.  Is this even possible for a solo player to do, or did they find some way to cheat?  This player admitted to being Chinese and because of that communicating the questions about how he did it and the responses have gone without understanding on either side, them and the multiple English speaking players who asked.

If this is believed to be not even possible, I'll go ahead and report it with the video recording of my gameplay from that day.  If it is a popular belief that they were not cheating, then I'll accept that.  Need some input from the community

well, I guess with great determination and lots and lots of caffeine...  honestly keeping a giga down is not hard, just need a lot of narcoberries (do not use narcotics, it's much easier just to wait for the torpor to get low and use tons of narcoberries as given the amount of time it takes for the torpor to climb for narcoberries and the massive torpor pool that gigas have you could keep a 150 giga down for hours with just 20 stacks of narcoberries) he could also have brought in the necessary equipment and resources from another server using the obelisks, possibly even the gigas themselves. 

2 minutes ago, DiloFodder said:

well, I guess with great determination and lots and lots of caffeine...  honestly keeping a giga down is not hard, just need a lot of narcoberries (do not use narcotics, it's much easier just to wait for the torpor to get low and use tons of narcoberries as given the amount of time it takes for the torpor to climb for narcoberries and the massive torpor pool that gigas have you could keep a 150 giga down for hours with just 20 stacks of narcoberries) he could also have brought in the necessary equipment and resources from another server using the obelisks, possibly even the gigas themselves. 

do not listen to this advice lol

day 3 so i doubt the "giga tamer" had kibble

lets say it's a full mutton (which would also surprise me) or prime tame

then you would still   need  4264 narcoberries for EACH giga and 3 hours 38 minutes and 16 seconds for EACH giga

then again, what dino did he use to get the prime effective? 

then again, how did he find 3 150's giga? they are not exactly common

17 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

then you would still   need  4264 narcoberries for EACH giga and 3 hours 38 minutes and 16 seconds for EACH giga

it may take a lot of narcoberries but do not discount that it will stay down for a long period (and yes hours, kept one down myself for 6 in one "juicing" on an official center pvp) of time and you will not have to constantly watch it for fear of it waking up allowing you to be free to cart in more narcoberries and food with ease as long as you have built up spike walls around it, after all it is pve.

If you will not take my word for it, perhaps you will take their's: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Narcotic

"Especially for creatures with a fast decreasing torpor, narcoberries are the better choice because the 5 berries will increase the torpor for 5 × 3s = 15 seconds as opposed to one narcotic that increases the torpor only for 8 seconds. During the increase of the torpor it will not decrease, giving berries an advantage when taming creatures like Giganotosaurus and Dimetrodon. Narcotics and Narcoberries do not affect the Taming Effectiveness."

also, with how easy it is to obtain narcoberries with herbivores such as the trike and not having to watch the downed giga constantly, why is narcoberry taming bad advice? Also one could transfer the kibble and other such supplies cross-ark from an already established ark unless it is disabled for some reason on fresh servers.

21 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

You touched on all of the things I was thinking about with my concerns here.  A lot of the other responses were talking just in general is it possible, not is it possible on day 3 (real life day, not in-game day) of a new server's existence.  

But I'm seeing a lot of people saying it's possible, and just getting the impression it's uncommon.  So it is what it is.

9 minutes ago, Aurjay said:

You touched on all of the things I was thinking about with my concerns here.  A lot of the other responses were talking just in general is it possible, not is it possible on day 3 (real life day, not in-game day) of a new server's existence.  

But I'm seeing a lot of people saying it's possible, and just getting the impression it's uncommon.  So it is what it is.

finding 1 150 giga is allready insane hard, you would have to be really lucky to find one

finding 3, in 3 days is just not possible.it's just too much

even if you drown every low level you find, which on it's own takes alot of time, you have no guarantee a high lvl spawns

1 hour ago, raptorjesus666 said:

finding 1 150 giga is allready insane hard, you would have to be really lucky to find one

finding 3, in 3 days is just not possible.it's just too much

even if you drown every low level you find, which on it's own takes alot of time, you have no guarantee a high lvl spawns

5 hours ago, Gafgarion said:

Center has insta Giga respawn so all what you need to do is drown low Level Gigas till a High Level Spawn.

And center also have x7 more often spawn of 145-150 gigas than island. Isnt hard to drown it if you know how. 

Just now, CatInFire said:

And center also have x7 more often spawn of 145-150 gigas than island. 

so:

if you want easy mode giga: go center

if you want easy mode everything else: go ragna

if you want to ,play scorched earth for free: go ragna

those "official mod" maps, massively dumb down the game imo.

i mean, insta respanws?

i mean, in ragna u can literally pick up black pearls from black pearl nodes LOL

i mean, in ragna u can harvest charcoal from burnt trees

you can clearly see they came from unofficial servers (who are used to high rates/faster gameplay = less grind), dumbed down version of the island

1 hour ago, raptorjesus666 said:

so:

if you want easy mode giga: go center

if you want easy mode everything else: go ragna

if you want to ,play scorched earth for free: go ragna

those "official mod" maps, massively dumb down the game imo.

i mean, insta respanws?

i mean, in ragna u can literally pick up black pearls from black pearl nodes LOL

i mean, in ragna u can harvest charcoal from burnt trees

you can clearly see they came from unofficial servers (who are used to high rates/faster gameplay = less grind), dumbed down version of the island

Yeah a little, but all have own rewards and challange, special feature of the map. All maps have uses. I mean, i not stop to play se only because rganrok have desert too.

if he played those 72h straight or with minimal sleeptime it is not impossible, but he´d have to know exactly what he needs and wants to do. you could calculate ~10h for finding and taming each of the gigas, maybe even less if lucky. to get the materials you need you only need a trike or stego to farm enough berries + tranq-arrows. stuff like that is done in less than 5h if you know what to do. i´ve seen enough nolifers on the new servers, so i know what these people are capable of doing in short periods of time.

So it is indeed possible to do it that way, BUT that doesn´t exclude the possibility of him cheating or transfering either^^

They op should mayby clarify. Did he mean 150 (max level) gigas were tamed leading to (200+ gigas after tame .. likely lvl 209) its a impressive feat of group effort and dedication

but certainly can be done at day three. You can tame alot or few trikes and semi high level brontos with just berries easy on day one = narcoberries. other ppl mine metal and build long necks for taking it down etc. Not very hard on the right map.  

It's 100% possible if spawns are the way they were when Center first came out.  I'd see at least 6 lvl 140+ gigas commonly around the map.  I think spawns may be acting up again like they were.  On the island PvP server I just started on, I took a boat from the SW corner, through the main river and up through the little river leading to carno and around the NE corner of the map.  I'm not exaggerating when I say I saw 7 alpha rex's, 5 alpha carnos and more alpha raptors than I could count.  This NEVER happened on any island server I've ever played on.  Spawns are definitely acting up.

On 9/15/2017 at 7:19 PM, Aurjay said:

This has been bothering me ever since I seen this happen.  We have a player on our server, NA-PVE-TheCenter84, that tamed 3 max level Gigas on the 3rd day of the server's existence.  Is this even possible for a solo player to do, or did they find some way to cheat?  This player admitted to being Chinese and because of that communicating the questions about how he did it and the responses have gone without understanding on either side, them and the multiple English speaking players who asked.

If this is believed to be not even possible, I'll go ahead and report it with the video recording of my gameplay from that day.  If it is a popular belief that they were not cheating, then I'll accept that.  Need some input from the community

once you knock it out, you can shoot its pinky toe qith tranq arrows to keep it down till its tamed. I know thats what we did on prim+ official.

But.. .most importantly did you guys killed their gigas already?

Archived