ARK Digest Q&A: Aberration Questions!

Jatheish

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a theory, I am wondering if the whole concept of the Overseer, the ending cutscene, and the facility before the Overseer Arena, is based on the Maze Runner idea, with a dystopian future and ARK's being test zones. If the devs do answer this, don't give me a straight yes if the answer is yes, just a pointer in the right direction or a straight up no.

After ascending and walking about the alien structure i feel like those floating planets in there were the different stages of earths destruction... The first one looks kind of like Pangaea then the second looks like earth is now then the third looks like scorched, the glowing redness on the planet has a spot that looks just like Africa.. my theory is all those are the different stages of earths life and the last (that we know of) "aberration" will be not only be a display of earth's demise but the Ark's as well.. they say an obelisk has fallen and radiation has taken over the surface and now we are forced to survive in this new broken world. The clues are there and it's up to us to find the answers we've all been waiting for.

Why are we here?
Who put us here?
Where are we?
Why do they keep giving me water jugs and compass blueprints?
Is there a way out?

I think the final add-on will bring us closer to our answers maybe even introduce us to our "overseers"

As long as it doesn't end like "lost" and I just find out we were all in a plane crash and dead all along.

Yay ive been curious about something. This world is suppost to be hostile with mutants correct?

Is it going to be one of those situations where its very difficult to start and you constantly die as you spawn?

Is it going to have active hostile environment like poison gas where you need to have a mask on you at all time?

And most importantly... Is there going to be a new Apex predator stronger than a Giga? :D

- Are automatic defenses going to be updated in order to have more types included with distinct functionality (ie, anti-air, anti-ground, mortar...) more examples in this post:

- Is the Island going to have a distinctive Dino as other maps has? If not, is there any possibility in making it possibly to modify the creatures that spawn naturally in it (via gameusersetting, or in game option) in order to access Griffin.

- Do you feel that an aquatic DLC with specialized equipment would help to ease the water exploration?

Thanks in advance, keep up the good work.

Archived