ARK Digest Q&A: Aberration Questions!

Jatheish

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, Phanom2012 said:

Can we dupe jk Anyway When can we transfer fron legacy to non legacy servers with a lvl character 

This Digest Q&A is for Aberration questions. As for your question, never, it will not be possible to transfer from legacy to new servers, this has been clear from the start.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st. Will anyone on consoles who bought the season pass get the Abberation skins early or when the DLC comes out?

2nd. Are there supply drops? If so would they look like cave drops or regular drops?

3rd. Could we a hint of a material that is new to abberation and one that is old to us but wasn't used by a lot of ppl?

4th. Halloween skins for abberation Yay or Nay?

That is all I can think of TY for reading.

Why did you not release complete story with the main game? According to streams regarding Abberation and further DLC you need to play those to fully understand what is going on. I dislike that. It doesn't look very well that players have to pay 105 dollars/euros totally to get to know full story of your game. 

Will we see more single button shortcuts like we have with placing fertilizer in crop plots?

Say one button for refilling  all waterskins at a faucet or lake, one button harvesting for Tamed beehives, One button to place ore into forges, one button to place water containers in cooking bots/take them out when all are empty?

It would really help out especially on console.

Well, i have a few questions.
1. In a trailer we can see new platform and a structures build on a cliff. Is this a new building system, new structures that can be build only on a clifs etc or just structures + implementet into the game? I would love to use those on ragnarok, since theres a lot of clifs etc.
2. Many people asked this already, but how about transfering creatures, items and players? 
3. In a trailer we couldnt see much surface world. Is this because surface is not that intresting or because its not revealed yet?
4. Since next dlc will be revealing next stage of the story, will this be sci-fi'ish too? 
5. From all 12 new creatures how many of them will be rideble?
6. Will there be new structere type? Like on scorched earth there are adobe ones?
7. If on Aberration the underground is where you want to live, all artifacts will be on a surface? Its quite a nice idea i think.
Well I think thats it. Hope you guys answear at least one of my questions. Good luck and wish you very best. 
There is no surface

1) will the cliff platform be useable on other maps? Like on the columns on center or the sheer south face of whitesky peak on the island?

2) will aberration include a new stronger bookcase / document archive box (similar in design to the structures used to archive mass quantities of documents), 2.5x bigger then a book case and holding 300 slots?

It's silly that in a PvP setting the BPs are often more valuable and we only have a 2000 health book case to effectively store them in, whereas vaults have 50000 health, 

3) does one of the shoulder mounts in aberration have the ability to counter the microraptirs ability to dismount you from your rock Drake or regular flyer?

4 hours ago, Swyfty1978 said:
On 18/09/2017 at 7:35 AM, Hokiroya said:
Well, i have a few questions.
1. In a trailer we can see new platform and a structures build on a cliff. Is this a new building system, new structures that can be build only on a clifs etc or just structures + implementet into the game? I would love to use those on ragnarok, since theres a lot of clifs etc.
2. Many people asked this already, but how about transfering creatures, items and players? 
3. In a trailer we couldnt see much surface world. Is this because surface is not that intresting or because its not revealed yet?
4. Since next dlc will be revealing next stage of the story, will this be sci-fi'ish too? 
5. From all 12 new creatures how many of them will be rideble?
6. Will there be new structere type? Like on scorched earth there are adobe ones?
7. If on Aberration the underground is where you want to live, all artifacts will be on a surface? Its quite a nice idea i think.
Well I think thats it. Hope you guys answear at least one of my questions. Good luck and wish you very best. 

There is no surface

Oh contrare there is a surface, it's how you get to the obelisk, (paraphrasing one of the pax live streams)

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:17 PM, DiloFodder said:

Will you be able to fire weapons from the back of the rock wyvern? I think it would be equal parts amazing and terrifying to have a firing platform for a sniper that functions as a glider and can utilize a basic active camouflage and would be awesome to use for guerrilla style warfare.

man this guy has no idea what balance is

I know this is an Aberration digest and I should be putting this in glitch report or something but I could not find the normal digest. I want to say that my dedicated server on Xbox one was wiped unexpectedly... we got on and all of our structures and items were there but all of our dinos were killed by random level wild dinos (we live in the NE Scotland area (by the lighthouse) on ragnarok so there aren't very many dinos that could have attacked us). Our dinos were killed by two gigas, two rexes, a wyvern, and a dire wolf. All of our unconscious bodies are replaced with "player lvl 1" and the items in them are missing. Some of our structures are no longer owned by us. I know this may not go into the digest, so I will also put it in bug reports. Please help.

Archived