ARK Digest Q&A: Aberration Questions!

Jatheish

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Multiple questions? Thank you...

When you release Aberration can you make the servers limited regarding the transfers for a few months? (similiar to how you had SE in its first few months, then open it) This will allow everyone to experience the content the way its meant to be played.

Can we build on top the giant mushrooms like we can on ground?

How many creatures (so far) "wont" be tameable in this dlc and how many will? I think you guys said 12 creatures will be added?

Was my forum suggestion about the glowsticks back in july used for the basis of the glowsticks that will be added to aberration? Will they be similiar or completely different concept?

I see several waterfalls in that intro, and now with the new cliff snapping system... My theory is that someday we will have... watermill generators? maybe?

A few different questions :)

1- Relative to Scorched Earth, how large is Aberration? We will see continued maintenance and additions to both in the future?
2- Glow-in-the-dark paint. Is it coming, and if it's not, can it?
3- A big part of Aberration is the idea that a malfunctioning ARK led to mutations in its population. Are we getting/can we get lore into what developed into what? Like the Lantern Pug appears to be a mutated Angler, the Rock Drake could be a Megalania, the crazy Mysterious Mysteries #1 a Thylacoleo... I'd love to get some of the background on that, since it'd tie the DLC into the base game nicely
4- Is it totally spoopy? Some parts look pretty dark and scary :)

Thanks for the continued work, and I can't wait for the DLC to drop

Will Aberration have a kind of  underground lake with some appropriate aquatic cave horrors? 

Will there be more insects added with abberation as they are a cave staple and there is a ton of potential for some giant mutant bugs.

Is Aberration as well as scorched going to receive post launch updates?

Will aberration have more total creatures and content than scorched?

Well, i have a few questions.

1. In a trailer we can see new platform and a structures build on a cliff. Is this a new building system, new structures that can be build only on a clifs etc or just structures + implementet into the game? I would love to use those on ragnarok, since theres a lot of clifs etc.

2. Many people asked this already, but how about transfering creatures, items and players? 

3. In a trailer we couldnt see much surface world. Is this because surface is not that intresting or because its not revealed yet?

4. Since next dlc will be revealing next stage of the story, will this be sci-fi'ish too? 

5. From all 12 new creatures how many of them will be rideble?

6. Will there be new structere type? Like on scorched earth there are adobe ones?

7. If on Aberration the underground is where you want to live, all artifacts will be on a surface? Its quite a nice idea i think.

Well I think thats it. Hope you guys answear at least one of my questions. Good luck and wish you very best. 

Archived