Anyone else overheating in a Adobe house on SE?

EternalUniverse

An adobe house does protect you against heat.  But it is not sufficient, by itself, to protect you completely from super heat.  Especially if you wear an armor like Flak, or you have low fortitude.

If you don't believe adobe protects you, then feel free to hang out in a wood, stone, or stone house and see how that goes.  For that matter, hang out outside and compare.

On 9/16/2017 at 8:07 AM, Titus said:

IDK if it still works I used to build a 2x2 green house inside my adobe to go afk in.

It still does and always will, greenhouse works according to what it is sitting on, so if it's sitting on adobe as you suggested it will provide adobe insulations, if it's on top of metal it will provide metal insulation (on se this will kill you quickly)

+ op's first image does not even have base protection, so they've probably built is incorrectly or some issues with the structure, second image is in a middle of a heatwave, did not provide us an image of where they're living or  the extended hud to show what the current temperature is, typically adobe is enough by itself, plus unreasonable as we can safely assume they're naked, a heatwave is when temperatures increase to cooking people alive, adobe will only protect a player for general heat (due to scorched earth's naturally higher base temperature)

You need a 1x1 adobe shelter inside a structure, preferringly adobe located next to a shady cliff, wear desert armor, and have at least 20 fortitude. That is the only sure protection against a mega heatwave in the afternoon where it can get to be over 170* F. Or, submerge yourself in a pond.

This spot is relatively cool when the afternoon megaheat hits. I have water piped down from a well available inside and outside the adobe hut.

Xw3OzAP.jpg

I originally tried no fortitude, desert gear, and calien soup, wasn't enough. And since I came from the island, I was not wanting to use points in fortitude since it felt wasteful.

I mind wiped and went with 30 fortitude and just desert gear, and of course all adobe structures, no issues, and no need for calien soup. Probably could go down to 20 fortitude and be a little more careful.

2 hours ago, HoganRyan01 said:

@Mr. Black @EternalUniverse

You guys most likely have a gate / giant hatchframe in your base.

These do not count as walls or ceilings to fully enclose your base.

This is why on TheIsland you will see rain in your house.

That's what I said in my topic "Giant adobe hatchframe". Then what's the hatchframe good for? lol It looks cooler if you can use it with your house. It SHOULD be able to stop a sandstorm.. its a gate for Christ sake :D

Archived