Na servers overran by other regions

Gumbie

Now I don't have a problem with people from anywhere but it seems to be that all the North American servers are starting to get over ran but people who should be on the Asian server list but seems they prefer Na more. There are reasons we don't go to other regions servers and that's because of ping, or lag I mean how many Na you seeing on the OC servers or asia not many at all unless they living in those areas now. I mean maybe it just me how about just dropping some of those servers and adding more NA because of the fact that those regions are on them at this point and its causing problems with people being able to play,  this would help with over Pop servers.  Need to add more Ragnarok servers and maybe a few of the other maps as well. 

Theres multiple reasons why people from other regions play on NA. Im not going to go in depth about it here, but trust that 3/4th of the reasons are just out of spite. I will say that EU Players typically migrate to NA servers for more legitimate reasons that are acceptable by western culture than other regions. Regardless, I don't anticipate anything being done about it from WC. If this game begins to grow and the company finds ways to generate income other than game/expansion sales, and they can save money by region locking servers, then Ill anticipate them  doing something about it. Until then, its up to NA players to purge the others. Some officials I played on a year ago managed to purge all players from specific regions from the server, and despite the political fights within the server its self, when it was recognized that players had just joined from specific regions- the WHOLE server, including the Alpha Tribe, stopped fighting and joined efforts to purge the foreigners. ;D

Point is: Between Language barriers, culture differences, play times, etc- there's factors that hinder game play from people playing NA servers from other regions ontop of the crowding issue. 

4 hours ago, Gumbie said:

Now I don't have a problem with people from anywhere but it seems to be that all the North American servers are starting to get over ran but people who should be on the Asian server list but seems they prefer Na more. There are reasons we don't go to other regions servers and that's because of ping, or lag I mean how many Na you seeing on the OC servers or asia not many at all unless they living in those areas now. I mean maybe it just me how about just dropping some of those servers and adding more NA because of the fact that those regions are on them at this point and its causing problems with people being able to play,  this would help with over Pop servers.  Need to add more Ragnarok servers and maybe a few of the other maps as well. 

hey that s..REGIONIST!

jokes aside, a region lock would be really good.

3 hours ago, Ganelon said:

My neighbors in our SE server are Asian.... heard them on speaker chatting. While I was beginning to convert thatch to Adobe, they noticed and offered to drop off their spare cactus sap. Nice couple. 

World has all kinds.

True, so very true.  It's never been about nice or not nice, etc.  it's about people being able to play on a server that has low ping and is local to them.  If a server is loaded with players from other regions then that capability is reduced.  Hence a pool of global servers to facilitate that form of game play and to allow for inter-region trade.  But in the end this is a moot point, WC will never implement region locking.

I'm not seeing the problem here. You are meant to be able to hop to any server you want and slaughter people. I like the fact that there is thousands of players/opponents out there and hundreds of servers that I can fight on at anytime. The more the better if you ask me.

The only issue I have is that the game for some silly reason doesn't let you copy paste the ingame chat, so therefore you can't translate other languages very easily.

I can hopefully help you to see part of your argument that maybe you have not considered...
In OC we have one server for each map. One.
They are basically running at 70/70 pop at all valid playing times during the day. Either people sit on a home screen clicking "join server" for 4 hours straight or they hop to a NA map that might be slightly out of your prime time hours.
On our OC ragnarok server we have a bunch of NA players from California that seem to have good ping so they do the same region hopping the other way, stopping us getting into our one and only server.

Region lock may not be the best answer. More servers are required in the problem regions and implementing a queue or 20 minute idle timers in the game would also fix the bulk of the salt. 

4 hours ago, LittleRedReaper said:

Yeah I play on EU and I am NA, I have tons of friends that are EU and NA, we all play together. I understand the ping issues etc., but if you want a region locked server, rent or go to unofficial. I don't feel like not being able to play with the friends I have made over 2 years, not to mention some NA people live overseas and vice versa. Region locking isn't the remedy because huge French and German tribes try to do the same crap that the Chinese do, except they do it in their own region.

That's the thing, the EU tribes with similar intentions do it in their own region or on NA. Most of the time too, though, they also speak English lol. So on NA There's always a card /opportunity for negotiation, politics, communicated reason, etc, even if they too wipe out of spite. There's a difference.. believe it or not- between them and other regions that play on NA. 

15 hours ago, Joanna said:

True, so very true.  It's never been about nice or not nice, etc.  it's about people being able to play on a server that has low ping and is local to them.  If a server is loaded with players from other regions then that capability is reduced.  Hence a pool of global servers to facilitate that form of game play and to allow for inter-region trade.  But in the end this is a moot point, WC will never implement region locking.

Yeah, I hear ya. And I totally get the idea of filling up low ping slots. I can't argue against a person thinking that a slot that is low ping is more fittingly 'owed' to them... and then feeling robbed of that slot by someone to whom the ping is high. I get it. But... rather than giving into that perspective, then feeling bad... I prefer to look at it this way:  a server slot is neutral... to be used under the one criteria of 'first come first served'.

I can only speak to myself on the issue... but, I think the very idea that I am playing a game with someone on the other side of the world, with a different language, and culture... is magnificent.

Let me tell you a story... It was 1996(I think). I had bought a windows 95 PC.(yes.. I am old... but, oh so pretty) This was my first  x86 PC, after a long line of personal computers starting with Timex Sinclair, then Apple 3c... and a good amount of gaming on an Amiga 1000(a most kick ass box). It was all about games, from the very beginning. I knew nothing about hardware or software. It was all magic. My guru friends would lend a hand for installing everything. Again... the work of the arcania, from which a fearsome awe was due. But, my techno wizard friends had long since moved on and I had to do it all myself, while holding a phone to get instructions from these friends, now far away.

So, hear I am... with a windows 95 386 system. I had sent away from a sound card. I came with this program called CoolTalk, which reported to work in tandem with my modem to facilitate the very beginnings of VOIP. See, after getting connected to dialup internet(56Kbps, thank you very much)... this program would connect to a server that worked as a network for all users of said program. You could even set yourself up to just receive random calls from people that wanted to talk. Huh... why not?

So after putting myself up there for calls, in a few minutes my speaker 'rang' and I picked up the call. It was a college student from China. CHINA! How insane was this?! We talked and he asked, with broken english, 'What do people in America think of us?' And I replied... 'Well, we are worried. Worried about Hong Kong when it gets passed from the UK back to China'.

He aked "But why are you worried?"

I replied "Because it is a major economic center for the world, and we fear it being shutdown"

He was bewildered by this. He said "But... we like that it is such a good place for business. Nothing will change."

We ended our call. And it was at that moment I truly GOT with the IT revolution and the internet was going to do for humanity. In all our history, NOTHING was a poignant as this level of connection and information sharing. It is the ultimate of demystification from a species that has struggled to realize the promise of the Enlightenment. The internet is the Oracle of Delphi made manifest in our home, without the need for a High Priest or Priestess to read the augers. I started by career in IT right after that. I had to own this s***.

So... yeah... I am cool with playing my dino game with all comers. ;)

Ok now let's turn this around before we get more build a wall.    The problem here is that wildcard will not provide enough servers for all their customers which would stop the lagging and over poup problems just add more servers to all the regions ask us the players what maps we want for the added servers that way they could get Ideal what maps needed the extra servers but as of now we need servers for every map.  It doesn't bother me that they play on are servers it just gets my cookies that Wildcard is being so cheap that they would let it get this bad the servers up now are 90% taken up that means the areas to build in are normal junk that's because you have some people that will literally Piliar 2-3 islands and never use all the land just hold onto it until they decide to use it Now look you only need one big base to keep your stuff then your other base's should be small.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 9/15/2017 at 4:38 PM, Naerah(Qc) said:

On reddit some dev said they have no intention in the near of far future on region locking the game, so you can forget that. Though as always, nothing said by a WC employee can be taken seriously, so...

You are correct.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/3223871682607400394/#c3223871682610718665

There has been many, many threads on this topic already and the official answer from WC has always been the same.

Archived