Can you use oblisk to transfer dino across same map/server?

marcpullen

12 hours ago, gwalchgwyn said:

Question about this topic.  I started a unofficial server for my family.  I was moving some dinos from across the map.  I heard that I could use the supply drops to upload and then download them in a different area of the map.  I uploaded some dinos.  I then went to download them the next day and saw them on the list.  I click on the dino and the click on the download.  The name disappears from the list but no dino appears.  What am I doing wrong?  Any ideas?

Hmm, not sure. I did that exact thing last night on my private dedicated server (should work the same on any server or map). I found a decent doed across the map from my base, so I uploaded it to a nearby drop, got to my base where an oblisk is close by with boat access (doed's are so slow...). I was able to download them no issue, but the list of dinos was duplicated. I closed and opened the interface for the oblisk and it was cleared.

This was for a single map not in a cluster.

Typically the dino should appear above your head and drop to the ground when you download it (or on your head). If it doesn't appear but is removed from the list, it could have expired and not cleared from your list. I think the default is 24 hours before it's permanently removed from the upload queue/list. Did you wait for more than 24 hours by chance?

Try uploading something low level like a lvl 1 dodo and wait 24 hours, see if it shows expired in the list or something like that. I've never waited that long, so I don't know what it does when it expires, like if it leaves a row in the download list with "EXPIRED" or something, or if it just removes it.

If what you uploaded was important, you could try rolling back to an earlier save before you uploaded and try to get them back. You'd obviously lose any work done since that point on the entire map.

13 hours ago, gwalchgwyn said:

Question about this topic.  I started a unofficial server for my family.  I was moving some dinos from across the map.  I heard that I could use the supply drops to upload and then download them in a different area of the map.  I uploaded some dinos.  I then went to download them the next day and saw them on the list.  I click on the dino and the click on the download.  The name disappears from the list but no dino appears.  What am I doing wrong?  Any ideas?

Odd, yeah Ark can do weird stuff like that.  Go back and try it again to see if the dinos are still there.  Remember they can only stay there for 24 hours before they disappear...

Archived