Ok the new bed system is utterly broken for anyone using boats

Zeratul12

Basically have a boat base is no longer a viable option since even if there is just a throw away sleeping bag my bed spawn doesn't appear, this has gotten especially infuriating when I lose my good gear just because I am near some persons bed. Or when my stuff is on an island that I can get unless I have a boat BUT I USED MY BOAT TO GET THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

P.S I was very frustrated when writing this, but I have lost too much stuff, boats and tames because of this.

Just now, ForzaProiettile said:

Is your boat parked against or very close to the map boundary?

not at all, I have learned my lesson since the Leed was introduced, the boat is there intact but the spawn doesn't appear at all.

Yes my boat is near another persons base, where people put there beds is none of my concern if I can move mine anywhere.

1 minute ago, Zeratul12 said:

not at all, I have learned my lesson since the Leed was introduced, the boat is there intact but the spawn doesn't appear at all.

Yes my boat is near another persons base, where people put there beds is none of my concern if I can move mine anywhere.

If its close to enemy foundations you can't spawn on the beds.

Just now, ForzaProiettile said:

If its close to enemy foundations you can't spawn on the beds.

...........I know.

The thing is im on a boat, I bloody move I should expect to be able to spawn on my boat despite this since it is not something I can control and am getting stuffed around because of it, there is no way to tell if I am too close to some idiots foundation  because the distance is really far.

7 minutes ago, Zeratul12 said:

Actually, if your boat is too close to the shore line, as in pulled all the way in, you can not spawn in bed. You need to park your boat about 15 feet off of shoreline, or 2 raft widths away, then you will see the bed on the map.

Best way to test is to park your raft, ran little ways away, throw down a sleeping bag and see if the bed shows up. Once you have the correct distance a few times you will not need to do this. Once you are set, pick up your sleeping bag and off you go. 

Also, do yourself a favor and actually name all of your beds.

3 minutes ago, Zeratul12 said:

...........I know.

The thing is im on a boat, I bloody move I should expect to be able to spawn on my boat despite this since it is not something I can control and am getting stuffed around because of it, there is no way to tell if I am too close to some idiots foundation  because the distance is really far.

After a while of playing the game you get better judging the distances. I use a raid raft all the time and rarely have this issue. As for the issue itself I believe it was a balance change to kind of balance raiding with rafts.

54 minutes ago, Zeratul12 said:

Basically have a boat base is no longer a viable option since even if there is just a throw away sleeping bag my bed spawn doesn't appear, this has gotten especially infuriating when I lose my good gear just because I am near some persons bed. Or when my stuff is on an island that I can get unless I have a boat BUT I USED MY BOAT TO GET THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

P.S I was very frustrated when writing this, but I have lost too much stuff, boats and tames because of this.

I've noticed this as well,  I lost my taming raft yesterday like this.  

6 hours ago, Palenor said:

Actually, if your boat is too close to the shore line, as in pulled all the way in, you can not spawn in bed. You need to park your boat about 15 feet off of shoreline, or 2 raft widths away, then you will see the bed on the map.

You can respawn on the raft parked on the shore if the shore is flat enough. The thing that prevents from spawning is if some part of the raft or bed itself is clipped inside the cliff/stone/out of bounds/under the map. OR you are near other player's base/foundation.

If you have 2 beds on the raft you can always check if you can respawn on them by trying to fast travel from one to another before going out.

Archived