video Everything you need to know about the Moschops

UnevolvedGaming

Welcome to Unevolved Gaming, today we are going to take a closer look at the Moschops.

The Moschops is a small to medium size omnivore that in a way resembles a modern day komodo dragon. It has a wide stance like a pittbull with fat upper body and a relative short tail. The Moschops has a short thick neck with a head that is small compared to its body.

A Moschops is a friendly creature that poses no threat to survivors or other creatures, they are extremely cowardly and will flee at any sign of a fight.

Survivors can find the Moschops almost anywhere on the island with the exception of the snow biome, mountain areas and both carno and herbivore island.

Killing a Moschops is not as easy as it seems as they will instantly flee when attacked. Chasing them down can be dangerous due to predators roaming the area. It is however possible to use a bola or large bear trap to stop the Moschops from fleeing, you can then use a weapon of choice to kill it.

When killed a Moschops can be harvested for hide and meat.

The Moschops can only be tamed passively.
It is possible to tame a Moschops in an uncontrolled environment however this can be difficult due to its food wishes and predators that might be in the area. If a Moschops gets attacked or is scared you won't be able to feed it, in order to resume the tame a Moschops needs to be in a calm state.

The Moschops can be picked up by an Argentavis or Quetzel and dropped in a taming pen on a location of choice. If you don't have access to a flier or play on pve u can trap the Moschops with a bola or bear trap and build a simple taming pen with fence foundations and door frames to keep it from wandering off.
A storage box, preserving bin, fridge or even an animals inventory filled with all food types the Moschops might ask for during the tame will be of great value because many of these resources can spoil.

When approached the Moschops will randomly ask for one of the following types of food.

Mejoberry, Tintoberry, Rare Flowers, Rare Mushrooms, Giant Bee Honey, Cooked Lamb Chop, Cooked Prime Meat, Cooked Prime Fish Meat, Prime Meat Jerky or Raw Prime Fish Meat.

Put the food that the Moschops desires in the last slot of your hotbar and press the y button on you're controller to feed it.

When tamed a Moschops can be trained to harvest a larger amount of a specific item. Every time your Moschops levels up you can add a point to increase the harvested amount of Sap, raw prime meat, raw prime fish meat, rare flowers, rare mushrooms, leech blood or organic polymer in the radial menu under view harvesting levels.
The more points you put in to a certain item the higher the harvested amount of that resource you will get.
keep in mind that the animal harvested by the Moschops needs to drop the wanted resource in order to collect it

The Moschops is a cowardly creature by nature. It will even flee when ordered to attack a dodo.
Because of this behavior the Moschops harvest ability can only be used on animal corpses. Hold the left bumper and press up on the d-pad of your controller when looking at a corpse to make your Moschops harvest it. The same controls can be used to make your Moschops harvest rare flowers when looking at a bush in the swamp or snow biome and mushrooms from a mangrove tree in the swamp. Sap can only be harvested from Joshua tree's on scorched earth and possibly ragnarok in the future.

A Moschops can also gather rare flowers and mushrooms on its own, when set to wander in an area that has the appropriate bushes or trees. Keep in mind that these areas can be very dangerous, it is therefor best to fence of the area before setting the Moschops to wander. A Moschops will also collect small amounts of berries, fiber, thatch and wood when harvesting trees or bushes

In my opinion the Moschops has no great value in pve or pvp. It's ability to be trained in harvesting certain items
can be usefull but is a time consuming process due to the amount of upgrading that is needed to see a noticeable increase in harvested amounts.

It's cowardly nature, difficult taming process and the time spend leveling up the Moschops make it that most tribes prefer other creatures like the Ichtyornis or Direwolf to collect the same resources faster and more efficiently.

That concludes our spotlight on the Moschops
don't forget to comment, leave a like and subscribe for more ark spotlights and we will see you in the next episode where we will take a closer look at the Woolly Rhino

• 5 months later...

If you specialize maschops at individual resources saying it has no real value is wrong. Carry it arouund with an eagle as you need. So far I have one for prime meat I keep at my base.  I lured a low level alpha raptor to my walls, killed it, and sent out maschops to do its thing. 300+ prime. I literally couldn't cook it fast enough on my industrial grill, and lost two thirds of it, yet still netted 100+ from one alpha. A basic eagle has gotten me 20+ prime, and they're easy to lure nearby. 

On 3/6/2018 at 2:31 AM, Deadgnomies said:

If you specialize maschops at individual resources saying it has no real value is wrong. Carry it arouund with an eagle as you need. So far I have one for prime meat I keep at my base.  I lured a low level alpha raptor to my walls, killed it, and sent out maschops to do its thing. 300+ prime. I literally couldn't cook it fast enough on my industrial grill, and lost two thirds of it, yet still netted 100+ from one alpha. A basic eagle has gotten me 20+ prime, and they're easy to lure nearby. 

300+? An inventory can only hold 300 stacks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived