Cross Server Raiders

Kegger

5 minutes ago, Kegger said:

So it's not a thing anymore? Sorry totally new to the game as of 4 weeks ago. 

There are cool down on uploading and downloading things from the oblisk now I take it?

Yeah, not sure on the exact time as I haven't used it yet as my server is locked out of the cluster for some reason, but when you take something to your inventory it has a timer attached too it which must expire before you can place it into the obelisk. That also includes the saddles of any dinosaurs you uploaded so if you flew/rode them there, expect to wait even longer. 

In my opinion its a good thing as the attacker always has the advantage of appearing from nowhere. Scouting unnoticed, striking quickly then immediately retreating. Disposable combat pteras were the only thing remaining. Everything else quickly uploaded at the nearest airdrop. Not even time for the defenders to scramble and hunt down the attackers or retake the loot. Now it leaves more chance for combat rather than lightning strike hit and run across the server.

Posted from my WAS-LX1 using ARK: Survival Evolved Community App

3 hours ago, Tukachev said:

In my opinion its a good thing as the attacker always has the advantage of appearing from nowhere. Scouting unnoticed, striking quickly then immediately retreating. Disposable combat pteras were the only thing remaining. Everything else quickly uploaded at the nearest airdrop. Not even time for the defenders to scramble and hunt down the attackers or retake the loot. Now it leaves more chance for combat rather than lightning strike hit and run across the server.

When you join a server it should announce to everyone the following:

"Player Name" ("Steam Name") In Tribe ("Tribe Name") From Server "Server Name" has joined this server.

Yes, thats right.

Because the current system of showing only the steam name is faulty.

When everypme on the server is called 123 this notification is not much of a help. And before launch on many legacy servers there were only 123-s, to keep their identity hidden. They changed their steam names to do this. So Serverinfo pages wont show them, steam wont show who is online and the ingame notificiation wont be much of a help either.

This is something the devs should look into, and disable altogether. Showing steam names dont help. Showing character names should. Changing character name is much more of a sacrifice than changing the steam user alias name.

21 minutes ago, Tukachev said:

Yes, thats right.

Because the current system of showing only the steam name is faulty.

When everypme on the server is called 123 this notification is not much of a help. And before launch on many legacy servers there were only 123-s, to keep their identity hidden. They changed their steam names to do this. So Serverinfo pages wont show them, steam wont show who is online and the ingame notificiation wont be much of a help either.

This is something the devs should look into, and disable altogether. Showing steam names dont help. Showing character names should. Changing character name is much more of a sacrifice than changing the steam user alias name.

Yes this whole 123 business is rather annoying. Something needs to be done because it does put anyone that isn't using it at a distinct disadvantage.

5 hours ago, Tukachev said:

There was always a cool down on tames,  it's the item cool down that they are talking about ruining cross ark travel.

Exactly. The item cooldown is a good solution. Because if a possble target base is raided, the raiders with flying mounts (usually pteras with lots of lots of generations of breeding for this) could:

1. Fly to a close supply drop and download more weapons and ammo: rockets, launchers, grendades, everything uploaded not long ago. Apparently this problem exists still.

2. They could quickly upload all the spoils, so they didnt need to bother with storage, transportation and protection.

3. As they werent really slowed down they could raid an entire server practically overnight and get away with most of the spoils.

Thus the only thing they needed to leave behind was only a ptera or two. Expendable.

So I think Cross Server warfare on such large scale shouldnt be done in this fashion. Contentwise a longer combat and siege phase would be ideal, where the attackers would need to solve the problems of hauling the loot, and keeping it safe for a day or a half, so the other party would get a chance at striking back.

Archived