Whats the point?

McCluskeyy

Whats the point of playing ark? 

I thought the game was in beta to resolve these issues  such as duping, ddos attacks etc.

And yes, Duping is now a thing on the new servers.

After all the beta did last 2 years but still the game gets fully released and people are still able to knock servers offline and duplicate. 

Joke

There isn't one for you. Uninstall and never look back. And for the record, 5 years after the release of World of Warcraft there were hacks, dups, and people DDoSing their servers. The Playstation network was DDoSed so bad at Christmas it was down for days. But I am sure Sony was just a small dev team start up. Are things perfect no but jebus stop acting like it's the end of the world. Or... uninstall and play something else. 

41 minutes ago, Shadex said:

There isn't one for you. Uninstall and never look back. And for the record, 5 years after the release of World of Warcraft there were hacks, dups, and people DDoSing their servers. The Playstation network was DDoSed so bad at Christmas it was down for days. But I am sure Sony was just a small dev team start up. Are things perfect no but jebus stop acting like it's the end of the world. Or... uninstall and play something else. 

so the game is not playable because cheating is possible, the man is a customer who spent money on the game, and you tell him to delete the game as solution?

The game is playable, the game has a singleplayer mode and thousands of dedicated servers, with the option to make your own dedicated or non dedicated server aswell as their official Network. Duping on official sucks, the fact that there is almost no response to that issue sucks as well, but it's not like "the game is not playable"
It's actually pretty fun, and even on official PvP if you are just a small group there are always says to stay alive, just don't try to progress too much or care a lot because the game is not balanced around small groups of people, and it has never been

Posted from my SM-G935F using ARK: Survival Evolved Community App

15 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

I mean...the point is theoretically to have fun

Exactly, and 'fun' is different to everyone. For me, I like finding new BP's from loot beacons or cave drops. I also like the challenge in getting mutations from my breeding.

I have fun, it might not be fun for everyone, and if it isnt fun, do what we all do when we get bored with a game - go play another and maybe try it again in a few months time.

5 hours ago, Voidstar said:

so the game is not playable because cheating is possible, the man is a customer who spent money on the game, and you tell him to delete the game as solution?

No he is telling him that complaining about these issues won't do muchbecause it happens to gigantic companies years after they released a product in a sarcastic comment that people like you do not get.

If you truly don't see the point in playing a game does it really take a philosophical debate to determine if you should stop playing it or not?

Life is short. If you're not having fun then only you can answer your question - what's the point?

What's the point of playing Super Mario Brothers when people glitch turtle tipping into infinite lives? Oh, the humanity.

39 minutes ago, Baton said:

Fun in ark is getting stuff, and be competitive in that stuff, like is it fun to have infinite stuff?Or fight with guys with endless resourses? :Jerbfat:

Either there is a major language/education barrier between us that is making me unable to understand your posts properly, or you constantly seem to advocate duping and see it as a "okay thing to do". 

Are you saying above that it's okay to dupe because it's making you competitive with the people who have infinite resources and thus making it fun? Or are you saying it's neither fun to have unlimited resources or fight against somebody who does. Don't be a douche, pick option number two. 

On 14.09.2017 at 5:16 PM, YUSHOETMI said:

Either there is a major language/education barrier between us that is making me unable to understand your posts properly, or you constantly seem to advocate duping and see it as a "okay thing to do". 

Are you saying above that it's okay to dupe because it's making you competitive with the people who have infinite resources and thus making it fun? Or are you saying it's neither fun to have unlimited resources or fight against somebody who does. Don't be a douche, pick option number two. 

i mean duping ruin competitive aspect of the game, and still its very widely used for so long (since crossark release)

Archived