Titanosaur Climb Limit

Jacira

So I'm playing on a PvE server and there's two Titanosaurs right near my base. A few days ago they were a couple of biomes away so I fear someone is going to use them to troll either myself or one of my neighbours. This leaves me with the question....

How high do I need to build my walls for the titanosaur to not be able to climb over them in the event it's kited towards my base?

I had them 6 high but now I'm starting to just use behemoth gates as a perimeter instead. I prefer the look of walls though so how high do they need to go?

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, LittleRedReaper said:

Always heard Titans can glitch through anything. Don't know how true that is, but I have seen them places they definitely shouldn't have been.

It's not so much that they glitch through anything as much as it is their active range exceeds that of rendering range.

I'm not positive but I believe seven should be enough. We use walls as well and have them seven high as we agree they look better and haven't had a titan climb over them yet. That being said, as others have stated, due to their render range being so massive, they can walk straight through your walls before they render.

Last time i checked in single player I needed walls 10 high to stop a Titan.  9 or less and I could walk straight over like they didn't exist.  However because they are also quite wide, you walls don't have to be 10 high all the way, a 10 stack of pillars, 4 walls (of any height) then another 10 stack of pillars stopped it fine (and was less ugly).

Nothing will stop is glitching through though so you can only reduce risk not eliminate it.

9 minutes ago, Yster said:

Kill it for XP? Or kite it into the ocean

I could be wrong, but to my knowledge on Prim+ the only thing that can damage a Titan is a Giga. I don't think we have any other means to killing one other than luring it into the ocean and drowning it. Not to mention their terrible AI sometimes.

I honestly wish for PVE (especially prim+ PVE) they would just be removed as they're nothing more than a tool for griefing.

Not 100% on this but I don't think you can kite anything into the water anymore. Not from my experience anyway. I've tried it with a few alphas and other dinos and as soon as they touch the waters edge they back up and try to come at you from another angle. Only way it seems to work is if you can kite them off a rock/cliff and make them fall into the water, but even then they tend to turn around and swim to shore, trick is to find somewhere they can't climb back onto land. 

2 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Not 100% on this but I don't think you can kite anything into the water anymore. Not from my experience anyway. I've tried it with a few alphas and other dinos and as soon as they touch the waters edge they back up and try to come at you from another angle. Only way it seems to work is if you can kite them off a rock/cliff and make them fall into the water, but even then they tend to turn around and swim to shore, trick is to find somewhere they can't climb back onto land. 

I still kite Giga's into the water and let them drown themselves. Easiest way to get Giga hearts. 

I just hover over them as they look up at me drowning themselves. 

4 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

stuff is def kitable into water still.

2 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I still kite Giga's into the water and let them drown themselves. Easiest way to get Giga hearts. 

I just hover over them as they look up at me drowning themselves. 

30 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

stuff is def kitable into water still.

Hmm, I've tried multiple times and it just doesn't seem to be that way for me. I even killed a lvl 100 alpha Rex on the island 2 days ago with a spino because I came up out the water as it was on the shore of carno island, bit it and retreated backwards as it was attacking me, when it got to the waters edge it just stood there looking at me and walking on the spot why I attacked it just within my reach, every now and again it would turn around and walk away and when I followed it would stop at the waters edge again. 

The alphas are spazzes and more difficult to kite. stuff like titans and gigas are easier. u get a giga with almost nothing around and he will follow you like a puppy. Theris also kite very well. had some ppl stealing eggs from us on a server so i swam two theris at once into and around spiked walls in the water with a ptera. There is some de agro mechanics with kiting with fylers when you are too high up and also with dinos of higher threat... ie spino. had you been messing with that raptor with something like say(extreme instance) a parasaur it prob would have followed.

Archived