Punished for playing the offical map

Bradley1928

10 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

You also have the tek cave, 3 different bosses and the most amount of caves.

If you look at the SP player progression, it becomes clear that the Island is meant to be the starter map. With other maps being of higher difficulty.

Yup, sadly I feel WC missed a great opportunity here.  Going with the way the game ends after the Overseer, you should HAVE to start on the island, then do gamma ascension, transfer to The Center and do BETA, then off to Rag to Do Alpha.  On PvE Officials that's how it should be anyway in my opinion.  Makes a fluid game

5 minutes ago, BeardO said:

Yup, sadly I feel WC missed a great opportunity here.  Going with the way the game ends after the Overseer, you should HAVE to start on the island, then do gamma ascension, transfer to The Center and do BETA, then off to Rag to Do Alpha.  On PvE Officials that's how it should be anyway in my opinion.  Makes a fluid game

I agree. that would've made the game more immersive and I was actually hoping for that on release.

Only downside is by the time most players would reach ragnarok, it would probably be pillared all the way over.

19 minutes ago, BeardO said:

The trouble with this is

1. Ragnarok and The Center are not lore-approved maps, except in the aspect that they are one of the thousands of other arks

2. If they did this with Scorched Earth, Abboration, ect, that is limited base content to paid DLC, and that would go over like a lead balloon 

It's a cool concept however, i agree. I would love some real multi-map progression of some kind

26 minutes ago, BeardO said:

Great Idea, let's just have everyone play on the Island map, I'm sure they won't try to raid or wipe each other out before they can ascend. 

My point originally though is... if you go onto Rag or Centre that you have a equal chance to find a lvl 5 or a 150 dino... While on Island you can spend a whole day and not see a dino above lvl 100... I understand the idea and concept of them being harder maps but in reality the game depends on so much stock piling, breeding and bases that no one would ever just uproot and leave to a new server just because its classed as 'slightly' harder.

5 hours ago, Jkyle37 said:

The trouble with this is

1. Ragnarok and The Center are not lore-approved maps, except in the aspect that they are one of the thousands of other arks

2. If they did this with Scorched Earth, Abboration, ect, that is limited base content to paid DLC, and that would go over like a lead balloon 

It's a cool concept however, i agree. I would love some real multi-map progression of some kind

Lore-approved?  Ummmm ok then, the lore is made up by the devs, not hard to change it as they go.

5 hours ago, NovaMagic said:

Great Idea, let's just have everyone play on the Island map, I'm sure they won't try to raid or wipe each other out before they can ascend. 

Kinda happens now so what's the difference? lol

OP, yeah it's pretty crazy, WC needs to talk to the Ragnarok dev and borrow his code for levels.  Doesn't make sense and sucks how few high level dinos are on the island compared to other maps.

1 minute ago, BeardO said:

Lore-approved?  Ummmm ok then.

Kinda happens now so what's the difference? lol

OP, yeah it's pretty crazy, WC needs to talk to the Ragnarok dev and borrow his code for levels.  Doesn't make sense and sucks how few high level dinos are on the island compared to other maps.

Yes, the official "lore-approved" or "cannon" are The Island, Scorched Earth and now Aberration Arks. This is how WC puts it. I like it because it gives everyone one more freedom with their maps and avoid stepping on each others toes. As previously said, the lore actually gives room for other Arks such as The Center and Ragnarok. Ragnarok being a curious one since its the only place to get Ice Wyvern and Griffins, both official creatures now.

Cheers!

7 hours ago, Lancelot said:

You also have the tek cave, 3 different bosses and the most amount of caves.

If you look at the SP player progression, it becomes clear that the Island is meant to be the starter map. With other maps being of higher difficulty.

All that, plus it is the easiest map for a mega tribe to defensively lock down completely as home server

14 hours ago, Bradley1928 said:

My point originally though is... if you go onto Rag or Centre that you have a equal chance to find a lvl 5 or a 150 dino... While on Island you can spend a whole day and not see a dino above lvl 100... I understand the idea and concept of them being harder maps but in reality the game depends on so much stock piling, breeding and bases that no one would ever just uproot and leave to a new server just because its classed as 'slightly' harder.

Is it a measured fact with statistical evidence or just a feeling? 

Im playing on a 3 map cluster (ragna/se/island), island is the most populated map, but I never heard the residents having such complaints, and they have just as high level tames as the citizens of the other maps...

Archived