Please extend Timers for Hurricane victims!

iDash

7 hours ago, powerstuck said:

Unless implemented on all servers (all without exception) I wouldn't do it. 

If they do to...I would like to know...would allow me to not log for the next 2-3-4 months keeping my structures intact.

Ok, what you would do doesn't matter to anyone.

And if you don't want to log in for 4 months when you are able to, you wouldn't be playing the game. Why would you care about your structures?

Well... that is interesting that someone live in the hurricane hit area, and his main problem that he will lose his pixel animals in a computer game.

By the way, next time we will see posts saying because someone will have a baby and wont be at home for couple days, he will ask WC to config the servers according to his needs... or there will be earthquake in japan, so another server config needed. Or riot in Malawi...  or is it just the US we care about? 

Just as a tip if your computer can connect wirelessly to the internet and your phone can Broadcast internet through mobile hotspot as long as your computer and phone have power you can connect to Ark using a mobile hotspot set up to broadcast from your phone and let your computer connect to it, that way you might be able to at least pop on to Ark long enough to reset timers

1 hour ago, TheInverse said:

That is a good point.

It'd be nice if Wildcard did extend the timers just for the victims of the hurricane, but I doubt they'd do it.

But in this case EVERY single time there is something unusual happens in the world, they should do the same. Like if there is a firestorm in australia, flood in oceania, riot in south africa... right?  Actually on EVERY SINGLE DAY, somewhere someone is blocked from playing the game due the unforeseen. Treating Us residents as special - from this prospective - is not fair and will be a basis for everyone to ask WC to do that in their case as well...

In my opinion, players should be a organise such "emergency'" situations themselves. Like a friend of mine had a serious surgery, so he asked me to take care about his tames for a week or two. 

Just to be on the constructive side: if WC could implement some system like an ORP for vacations/emergencies that would be usefuil tough. Like you can set your base as "away" for a predefined period. Until that period your base is protected, your tames are frozen BUT you cant login/use it for that period, and no cancel option. 

Some web browser games I saw such features...

12 hours ago, SatanicPopeye said:

Ok, what you would do doesn't matter to anyone.

And if you don't want to log in for 4 months when you are able to, you wouldn't be playing the game. Why would you care about your structures?

I was trying to be polite and say another way that I don't give a flying raptor that someone who was hit by a hurricane might lose his stuff because they don't have electrical power for a few weeks.

Yeah, give special privileges to only a fraction of the people playing the game who are unable to play it because a freaking hurricane hit. My first concern would not be about a freaking game in this event. Screw my tames they are just a pile of data that I can eventually get back if I work hard enough. My first concern would be to make sure I have a house that I am able to live in before thinking about the game. Hell, basic survival is more important than a freaking game and a pile of data.

Got tribemates who know you live in the areas hit but they do not? You are probably in luck there because they will probably help with feeding them.

My first concern would not be about a freaking game in this event. Screw my tames they are just a pile of data that I can eventually get back if I work hard enough. My first concern would be to make sure I have a house that I am able to live in before thinking about the game. Hell, basic survival is more important than a freaking game and a pile of data.

Then what?

A few people in this thread are jumping on OP because "Ark shouldn't be your first concern". I live in Orlando and we were definitely hit by Irma. Our block is unscathed besides a few downed branches. We were out of power until Wednesday. Are we not allowed to think about other things to do besides sitting in the dark, twirling our thumbs waiting for the power to come back on?

I'm certain that OP isn't sitting in the middle of a pile of planks that used to be his home, wishing he could play Ark. He's most likely like the millions of other unscathed people that are miserably hot and bored out of their mind, waiting for things that are out of his control to sort themselves out.

Same here, just north of of Jacksonville. I didn't know wanting to get back to your normal life after a stressful event would trigger so many people lol.

But they shouldn't extend timers because as people have stated theres always something going on somwhere in the world. And i hate base clutter 

Archived