Sign in to follow this  
EternalUniverse

Water pipes need a small fix ;)

Let's say you are not happy with your water pipes and want to destroy them, you can't entirely destroy them and loads of water pipes are left flying in the air... forever. We need a small fix on this as I didn't know you couldn't connect to water well's and near the green ob's water "pond".

Now my water pipes are just flying there xD and it looks ugly.

powerstuck    347

Why can't you go and destroy them one by one ? 

Your fix would be what ?

Because I can clearly see them implementing a change where you destroy all connected pipes with one move. But imagine you place one pipe in the wrong direction...now you tear down an hour of work and start again...

• Like 1

Racidon    10

Before anyone suggests the option "Destroy all attached pipes" please don't. It will be another way people can crash the servers.

I'd suggest just giving us the ability to go into "demo mode" where you only have to look at something and click to destroy it. The use of a spyglass and looking at pipes some distance away would be a sufficient way of demolishing high pipes

It's that or just temporarily leave tribe with a ptera and just barrel roll all the pipes (less you made them metal...)

• Like 1

Kallor    138
1 hour ago, Racidon said:

The use of a spyglass and looking at pipes some distance away would be a sufficient way of demolishing high pipes

IIRC this was suggested in one of their Q&A and they said it was a good idea and would/might add it.  But that was long enough ago to assume it's been forgotten.  Something needs to be done though.

If I can magically place a structure way out of reach, then I should also be able to demo it.

wallaby    200

what they really need to fix is irrigation! industrial cookers wont run of water reservoirs for what reason? increase reservoir capacity and allow cooker to run of them it would immediately stop people needing ugly as hell pipelines 10 miles long :Jerbmad:  the little things wildcard time to start fixing them.

6 hours ago, Racidon said:

Before anyone suggests the option "Destroy all attached pipes" please don't. It will be another way people can crash the servers.

I'd suggest just giving us the ability to go into "demo mode" where you only have to look at something and click to destroy it. The use of a spyglass and looking at pipes some distance away would be a sufficient way of demolishing high pipes

It's that or just temporarily leave tribe with a ptera and just barrel roll all the pipes (less you made them metal...)

I was looking for this answer, this is the best solution they could come up with. 

SiAScORCH    14

It should be like when you take down the main pipe holding it up. Not the last pipe placed. Like if I destroy the intake pipe and there's nothing in the other end connected to something in my base, all of the pipes should be destroyed. When you take down all the support walls for a ceiling or a taller wall. All the rest fall down.

Posted from my XT1254 using ARK: Survival Evolved Community App

powerstuck    347
6 hours ago, wallaby said:

what they really need to fix is irrigation! industrial cookers wont run of water reservoirs for what reason? increase reservoir capacity and allow cooker to run of them it would immediately stop people needing ugly as hell pipelines 10 miles long :Jerbmad:  the little things wildcard time to start fixing them.

Reason : Poor programming.

Fix : Put an empty water jar in it.

Racidon    10
9 hours ago, SiAScORCH said:

It should be like when you take down the main pipe holding it up. Not the last pipe placed. Like if I destroy the intake pipe and there's nothing in the other end connected to something in my base, all of the pipes should be destroyed. When you take down all the support walls for a ceiling or a taller wall. All the rest fall down.

Posted from my XT1254 using ARK: Survival Evolved Community App

Please no, as I said it's a great way to crash a server. It's worse than demoing a single pilar that holds a whole structure up. Because you can have infinite amount of water tanks attached to a pipe (by stacking them). So this solution could create the opportunity for malicious use, that people may stack pipes and tanks onto one intake and demo the intake. Making the server crash or freeze up.

SiAScORCH    14
3 hours ago, Racidon said:

Please no, as I said it's a great way to crash a server. It's worse than demoing a single pilar that holds a whole structure up. Because you can have infinite amount of water tanks attached to a pipe (by stacking them). So this solution could create the opportunity for malicious use, that people may stack pipes and tanks onto one intake and demo the intake. Making the server crash or freeze up.

I don't see how this would be possible because one the pipe holding the rest are destroyed, it all falls.

2 hours ago, Demetrius said:

Griefers can destroy whole pipe system with couple rpg shoots =) Not cool

Yea, but no different than trying to get into the base. Just place a intake pipe well hidden and hide the connected pipes and this way they have no idea where they're at.