Sign in to follow this  
Anarki

Another breeding question - but please read

Ok, so we know that in the wild, 150 is the max and that all dino's have base stats. 

Now, not taking into consideration any mutations, where can I find what the max for a dino's HP or Stam stat could be?

For example, Im going to start a Pterandon line on my new server (got quite far with my last breeding in my legacy server but decided to start again). Ive found a 150 male with 480 stam... theoretically, could there be a Ptera in the wild at 150 which has all points in Stam like 800 stam and literally hardly any points in the other stats.

The reason I am asking is that I have my good set of birds for breedding, HP, Stam and Melee. Realistically, I don't want to keep taming more birds if I have 0.5% chance of finding a bird with more than my 480 Stam. I am happy just to ineterbreed between the three, trying for mutations over and over again.

Current stats on my birds (tamed at 145 or 150)

HP - One has 1400 HP (Average I believe)

Stam - One has 480 (High I believe)

Melee - One has 326 (High I believe) 

Does my question make sense? Also, I use Dodorex, but wanted to work out at which number, I stop looking for Pteras in the wild because I have already got a tamed one that is pretty much the highest a wild Ptera can get.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully I'll get to thank you for helpful responses too.

There's a theoretical limit, but you'll never find anywhere close to it. It's always worth taming more 140-150's if you're trying to improve your breeding line, but realistically you'll get to a point where you won't find much higher. We aren't to that point yet, still taming, but I'll give an example of our current stats on the new servers. Our pteras are hatching with 2003 health, 465 stam, and 392 melee. (Had better melee, it died before being bred in, rip). Also, look up ark smart breeding, because Dododex doesn't give accurate post-tame points. Generally, we shoot for at least 50 points in each stat

• Thanks 1

The question is invalid.

You should not care about a max. theoreticly there is a max, which would be all levels into health. Practicly you will never find find a dino with max stat. Instead you look how many levels wend into what stats and you keep tamining and replacing the ones with less levels in the stat.

You can use tools or just the wiki to check how many levels wend into what stat.

For any dino I want to target tame for breeding, I go to Dododex and increase the stats until they have 50points and I use that as a starting basis. I will tame until I get a 50point breeder in each stat and only then I will start cross-breeding.

health you want over 2k for sure, your Stan is nice tho, Melee is ok but you can get higher... I'm at 1940hp, 505stam?, and 393 md and just about to start breeding but I am still actively taming for a high hp

36 minutes ago, Drinkinthepink said:

For any dino I want to target tame for breeding, I go to Dododex and increase the stats until they have 50points and I use that as a starting basis. I will tame until I get a 50point breeder in each stat and only then I will start cross-breeding.

health you want over 2k for sure, your Stan is nice tho, Melee is ok but you can get higher... I'm at 1940hp, 505stam?, and 393 md and just about to start breeding but I am still actively taming for a high hp

Ok, so do you increase its lvl from whatever you tamed it from and what it came out as i.e. from 145 up to 211 in the calculator? Do you then add 50 points to a stat and work that out as a stat you are happy to work with? Im not sure where this 50 points comes from.

11 minutes ago, Anarki said:

Ok, so do you increase its lvl from whatever you tamed it from and what it came out as i.e. from 145 up to 211 in the calculator? Do you then add 50 points to a stat and work that out as a stat you are happy to work with? Im not sure where this 50 points comes from.

As I said, Dododex doesn't work for post tame levels. So download ark smart breeding and do it there. 

Ok, thanks for that. Ill have a look at ARK Smart breeder - shame its not a google play store app, as I would have liked to have spent a bit of time here at work figuring it out but nevermind, Ill wait until later.

At least this post has given me some rough numbers to aim for, which I am happy with.

My only other breeding lines I ever create are bears - so I will look for a similar approach (what numbers to aim for).

Thanks again

1 hour ago, Anarki said:

Okay so there are 2 approaches, first of all if you tame a specific ptera (or other Dino) you can put their lvl(211 for ex.) into the calc and put all the stats in for a rough estimate on how many points each stat got. This however is usually done more accurately with ark smart breeder, but I just use Dododex. It will tell you how your specific bird compares.

2ndly tho, what I was referring to was to go to the Dododex calculator and simply keep increasing each stat until it shows 50 points (50points=2350hp on ptera) so that you can see your 'target' stats for what you are trying to find. More as a reference when you are searching for specific breeders. In this situation you don't have to put in the Dino's level, since you are just seeing what value of stat each Dino gets with 50 points. The reason we pick 50 points is because 40+ is easy/good and 50+ is great... 60+ is legendary lol.

on a side note, I just use Dododex for everything before I put in stats and record everything in both Dino folder as well as spreadsheet. Most people use ark smart breeder, but it's not really that nessesary if you know what your target values are

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Drinkinthepink said:

he reason we pick 50 points is because 40+ is easy/good and 50+ is great... 60+ is legendary lol.

This is the part which I find most useful. So in essence, getting an extra 50 points in a certain stat post tame is a fairly good possibility with wild tame dinos?

Im happier using Dodorex rather than downloading tools so thanks for this insight :)

• Like 1