Ok now this is ridiculous

Danouk

3 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

That sounds very similar to how Notch described feeling when Minecaft became a phenomenon... We all want big success, but living with it is another thing entirely.  

That's the thing. Wildcard's stated they were more than happy with their little 'oh, isn't this cool' game. ARK being this big title wasn't a goal. That's where a lot of ARK's problems stem from. ARK was practically an overnight success and that fact was a double-edged sword. From a company's standpoint 'hell yeah, money', but Wildcard also now had a product that was several times larger than anticipated (probably without the corresponding resources to actually support said product) and the eternal game of Catch Up started for them. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, OnePotatoChip said:

That's the thing. Wildcard's stated they were more than happy with their little 'oh, isn't this cool' game. ARK being this big title wasn't a goal. That's where a lot of ARK's problems stem from. ARK was practically an overnight success and that fact was a double-edged sword. From a company's standpoint 'hell yeah, money', but Wildcard also now had a product that was several times larger than anticipated (probably without the corresponding resources to actually support said product) and the eternal game of Catch Up started for them. 

Well lets face it, it's a hugely ambitious project to start with. A very small team, and ended up top seller... You can't keep up.

Most people don't realize just how massive game development is. Wildcards got what, under 50 people these days? That's a far cry from the literally thousands that work on comparable selling AAA titles.

11 minutes ago, Hypsy said:

Any proof people are duping or are you just bad at the game and salty at peoples progress?

Do you think its hard for over 100 people to grind a huge metal base and hundreds of turrets?

I believe Jat already confirmed that one dupe method was legit & out of others they investigated the rest were bogus. Stated the one legit one got patched already. Still bound to be some they haven't found yet. But those would be the ones people keep quiet on. 

9 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

I get that...but Jat literally just said he agrees that communication is bad and that they need more people. He literally just said they're working on it. You quoted it and told him to do what he just said they were doing. Their communication has been pretty bad throughout. Everyone, including the developers, agree that communication needs to improve...I don't think anyone disagrees with your position.

If you don't believe it's going to happen that's up to you, but in that case I have to wonder why you're still bothering to stick around. For me, hearing a company state outright that their communication has left a lot to be desired of and that they are working to improve it is a pretty solid example of a company working to improve their communication. Listening a company say that and then immediately telling them they need to do what they just said they were doing...well, it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me...but then again, that's just me.

They have been saying they are working on improving communication for 1,5 years (I believe the quality of communication dropped drastically when they released Xbox One preview version of the game) and nothing has been improved in that area at all. They knew they would have more players to care about, but they did not hire enough people to handle customers' problems. Then don't be suprised I'm quite sceptical about Jat's statement. A few months ago we got the same explanation saying they would improve that some time in the future. Unless WC bosses decide it's high time to do something about, nothing will be improved. Simple as that. However, it's not a high concern in Jessy's or Jeremy's eyes apparently. If it had been, this issue would have been solved already. Sometimes I wonder what sh#tstorm would have to happen to make them do something finally.

Why do I stick around? Because I used to love this game. Then after a few months of Early Access launch their communication became worse and worse. They started to do things highly controversial (like DLC in EA), ignoring playerbases concerns and critical bugs and turned ARK: Survival Evolved into a bloated, grindy feature creep game. I still see potential in ARK, but they need to hold their horses regarding feature creep and their ambition.

For me, hearing a company state outright that their communication has left a lot to be desired of and that they are working to improve it is a pretty solid example of a company working to improve their communication.

This is just Jat's damage control. It would be irrational to say something opposite or keep ignoring facts.

On 12/09/2017 at 11:23 PM, Danouk said:

Ok I know they might be busy but this is ridiculous.  We are September 12th and they finally updated this web site saying the 269 update is September 8. Really Wildcard. Why don't you just close this websites? You are always behind to keep this site up to date and now the update is behind the update. Just close this site you are not coming here anyway you like to tweet instead. You guys are awful but I have better words to discribe you but trying very hard to keep this civil.

Oh yes duping is now occurring on the new official servers and dupers are not punish for doing it either. 

Stop complaining. Play the game. In due time, everything will be arranged. This type of post only disrupts WC work.

14 hours ago, Jat said:

Once we have a more precise timeline on when the patch is going to be coming to PC, I will let everyone now. As it stands, we're playing catch up on the technical/dev side on 3 platforms, making up for lost-time with the weather. I don't disagree with anyone in this thread about our communication, it definitely needs some work. It's something we're aware of internally and have spoken about a fair bit, and whilst we're working on it, it isn't a quick fix. We have a very large and ambitious project, but our infrastructure and team-size aren't quite up to scratch yet, we have to pick and choose areas we need to prioritise. Multiple people at the studio, typically have multiple roles and carry out multiple tasks, so we end up falling short in some aspects, to grow in others. Overtime, this will improve as we'll be able to onboard more folks to work with Wildcard.

As for current dupes, we've been investigating the latest rumours and videos that have been floating around, so far we haven't been able to come up with anything, though some videos have indicated some other problems (whilst not a dupe, still things we want to fix) which we are currently iterating on. If anyone has an honest repro for duping, feel free to get in touch. Since the character issue we fixed a week ago, all other reports have been duds, and when following up with people we haven't had a response, but we are investigating and looking into each report.

Tks for taking the time to post this. That's all we ask. To be kept inform on what is going on. I know you tweet a lot but it would be nice when it's something important that you also put it on the forum. But I do understand it will take some time but just keep us in the loop and I think everyone well most everyone will be satisfied. Tks again.

14 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

You don't need his help, you're accomplishing it all on your own. Attacking a moderator isn't helping your cause either. Did you see how much more mature his response was to your attack then yours was to his completely valid post?

Seriously, stop complaining on every thread you post on about them not using the forums the way you think they should. It's not your company, they don't work for you.

Here's another one of the reasons you don't need his help. FYI - it also makes you look like a self centered, insensitive jerk.

Sorry for being so blunt about it, but I feel you need to hear what others are saying... A frigging hurricane just threatened the lives of some of these people and you're worried about a patch notes update for a frigging video game! Seriously, DILO????

You been in everyone of my post and come and attack constantly.  This is not appreciated. It's borderline harassment. If you guys took the time to read  and really read it you would see it was about changing the info to a previous update that was already 4 days late rather then put a real change like we see today. But it's over I got a response from Jat and I am happy about the information provided.

2 hours ago, Danouk said:

Tks for the support. It seems sometimes you can't complain about something without one or two people complaining about you complaining. It's hilarious.

There just trolls who like to start stuff because they think it's fun to argue, and for whatever reason there's a lot of them on this forum.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, TranqRex said:

Haha, a win for SurviveTheArk.com!

Now we just need to coax a little bit more info on Xbox UWP from them... Come on @Jat, you know you want to!

We're still working on it for now, unfortunately, the weather lost us a bit of critical time, but our plan is to still have it released this month. Once I have a better idea of where we stand with it, and a new ETA. I'll share it. 

13 hours ago, Jat said:

We're still working on it for now, unfortunately, the weather lost us a bit of critical time, but our plan is to still have it released this month. Once I have a better idea of where we stand with it, and a new ETA. I'll share it. 

Thanks for replying. I'd actually seen your comments in the UWP topic but I thought perhaps there'd be a tiny bit more to eek out of you ;)

Hopefully it does go to plan. I'm a bit sceptical given the date (more on the fact it'll probably have to go through MS cert), but keeping fingers crossed you make it. After having sold my second Xbox that hosted our server in anticipation of the Win10 release, my friends and I can't wait to start fresh over on Ragnarok together!

15 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

I don't know if I should be happy or shake my head at the fact that this is something special and the comment to make people see it is featured.

I mean, atleast it's something...

Well I have been talking a lot about this site not up to date for many days while steam was alway more updated  so I see this as a positive and hope it continues.

20 hours ago, Jat said:

Hey,

Can I ask you a couple of questions straight up?

Xbox :

1. Will there be more Rag legacy official servers? 

2. Are legacy official servers on the island/scorched earth/the center going to be reviewed in the future to wipe some more? No Rag I guess because they are pretty new so.

3. Is there any future for legacy servers? There is a lot of doom talk about them and I wanna know if I am wasting my time.

I know what people say, I know the rumours and I have read around some forums but not all not enough free time, I just want direct clear answers if you are able to provide them.

Thanks,

41 minutes ago, Rios9 said:

Hey,

Can I ask you a couple of questions straight up?

Xbox :

1. Will there be more Rag legacy official servers? 

2. Are legacy official servers on the island/scorched earth/the center going to be reviewed in the future to wipe some more? No Rag I guess because they are pretty new so.

3. Is there any future for legacy servers? There is a lot of doom talk about them and I wanna know if I am wasting my time.

I know what people say, I know the rumours and I have read around some forums but not all not enough free time, I just want direct clear answers if you are able to provide them.

Thanks,

I don't know what official response, if any, you're going to receive but the honest answer is that Wildcard's legacy...servers will be dust in the wind in the not too distant future. I think they said they'd diminish Wildcard's legacy...servers every three months.

I wouldn't get my hopes up on them adding more ragnarok legacy servers since they're attempting to find/make up reasons to take down as many legacy servers as possible. As their first salvo showed they completely ignore the populations of servers before taking them down.

21 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

I don't know if I should be happy or shake my head at the fact that this is something special and the comment to make people see it is featured.

I mean, atleast it's something...

It is made so that people forget that Tek Sword and Shield (not that I care about them, I find them unnecessary) were once again pushed further back.

Archived