Ok now this is ridiculous

Danouk

Ok I know they might be busy but this is ridiculous.  We are September 12th and they finally updated this web site saying the 269 update is September 8. Really Wildcard. Why don't you just close this websites? You are always behind to keep this site up to date and now the update is behind the update. Just close this site you are not coming here anyway you like to tweet instead. You guys are awful but I have better words to discribe you but trying very hard to keep this civil.

Oh yes duping is now occurring on the new official servers and dupers are not punish for doing it either. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be fair I see the devs reply to direct tags, which is much more than other devs can say about themselves. I won't defend half their choices. But I will when it comes to delayed updates. It seems to me that they are actually excited about the work they do and thus want to tell as many people as soon as possible about it. This results in the delays. They could just do what myself and my group did when we ran an online game, that is keep making updates and roll them out weeks after they had been vetted so that it looked like they were steady on time updates. We would also hold out on some updates until player count dwindle to re-kindle interest... So just remember it could be worse...

Now I am not condoning duping. However from observation, by putting the method of duping onto YouTube, and getting as many people to see it as possible, this is the fastest way to get Wildcard to patch it. However the people who want to continue to do this, will not reveal their method of crashing. However I have been collecting some important information about certain methods, in the hopes of policing the servers against this kind of behavior. If duping is fun, then please don't blame me for being the fun police when I crack down on that nonsense. The game should be fun without cheats.

1 hour ago, Sphere said:

Now I am not condoning duping. However from observation, by putting the method of duping onto YouTube, and getting as many people to see it as possible, this is the fastest way to get Wildcard to patch it. However the people who want to continue to do this, will not reveal their method of crashing. However I have been collecting some important information about certain methods, in the hopes of policing the servers against this kind of behavior. If duping is fun, then please don't blame me for being the fun police when I crack down on that nonsense. The game should be fun without cheats.

Still, duping isnt cheat, anyone can use it for sure :Jerbfat:

Also if you climb up from the rock you are living under you may have noticed the Hurricane Irma that has been destroying Florida etc. Devs have not been at the game since they needed to evacuate for them own life sake. 

Hell, I would not sit at my office if a hurrican was about to make a visit where I lived.

6 hours ago, Danouk said:

Ok I know they might be busy but this is ridiculous.  We are September 12th and they finally updated this web site saying the 269 update is September 8. Really Wildcard. Why don't you just close this websites? You are always behind to keep this site up to date and now the update is behind the update. Just close this site you are not coming here anyway you like to tweet instead. You guys are awful but I have better words to discribe you but trying very hard to keep this civil.

Oh yes duping is now occurring on the new official servers and dupers are not punish for doing it either. 

If anyone has witnessed duping, best thing to do would be to report it (which server, what time you saw it, what tribe etc...) --- Which I'm sure you've already done in this case...  ;)

3 hours ago, Sphere said:

It's also the fastest way to see the game ruined beyond hope too...  If everyone knew how to dupe on the new servers via youtube, what do you think they'll do?  -- Call them legacy servers and move on?

Hey of course you don't stay in your office when a hurricane is coming but you miss the point I said.  They updated the site and put an update that was done 4 days ago. Why not just put 269  incoming with no eta. They came to the forum to make the change  so they could have made a real update news.

If it was sarcasm saying that duping is not cheating everybody is doing it ok but something needs to be done and also consequences attach for doing it.  When you see some utubers showing people how to do it is irresponsible.

I have to agree on the initial topic.

This game needs proper community management.

And if @Jat and @Jen are unable to work the forums, WC needs a proper community manager whose work it is to be here and reply to studd and take care that informations get shared with us in time.

Atleast give mods the right to post patchnotes.

4 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

I have to agree on the initial topic.

This game needs proper community management.

And if @Jat and @Jen are unable to work the forums, WC needs a proper community manager whose work it is to be here and reply to studd and take care that informations get shared with us in time.

Atleast give mods the right to post patchnotes.

I learnt from SusanCS' post on reddit (she is a wife of Jeremy Stieglitz, the boss of WC),where she asked what new servers we need, that Jeremy often tells Jen and Jat to do other things than communication with playerbase. SusanCS in general agreed the new community manager whose only responsibility is communication ought to be hired. However, SusanCS is not working at Wildcard. So in theory WC can ignore her suggestions. The fact we got any new servers recnetly is only thanks to her.

1 hour ago, Danouk said:

Hey of course you don't stay in your office when a hurricane is coming but you miss the point I said.  They updated the site and put an update that was done 4 days ago. Why not just put 269  incoming with no eta. They came to the forum to make the change  so they could have made a real update news.

Maybe it was a browser cache issue for you. But the thread was updated with the 8th date befor the 8th. I am taking a look at this forum every day and i definitly keep track of patch release dates. I am absolutly sure they didnt just update the date.

Edit: So if you scroll down it says the date the last edit happened: Edited September 7 by 1david25

As much as I will gladly criticize the devs for their screwups (some of which are truly awful) and as unprofessional as the "coming september 8th" thing looks, they do have a LOT of employees affected by the hurricane, directly or indirectly.

So I can certainly understand if they're off schedule right now.  That doesn't excuse poor planning prior, but any one's plan would be screwed up by a major hurricane.  

Personally, I hope every one and their families are okay at Wildcard.  That's all that matters right now.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, Danouk said:

Ok I know they might be busy but this is ridiculous.  We are September 12th and they finally updated this web site saying the 269 update is September 8.

It has said Sept 8th since Sept 4th. There has been no recent update to the patch notes relating to Sept 8th.

9 minutes ago, GP said:

It has said Sept 8th since Sept 4th. There has been no recent update to the patch notes relating to Sept 8th.

I know that because I check steam which is more up to date then this forum.  You took one sentence out of what I said which is changing the why I started this discussion. Rather then try to make me look stupid explain to me why this forum is not up to date the same it is on steam? I do not appreciate you trying to make me look like an idiot. 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Danouk said:

I know that because I check steam which is more up to date then this forum.  You took one sentence out of what I said which is changing the why I started this discussion. Rather then try to make me look stupid explain to me why this forum is not up to date the same it is on steam? I do not appreciate you trying to make me look like an idiot. 

I'm not trying to make anyone look stupid, just putting a wrong right.

As far as I am aware different people have responsibilities for updating this forum compared to the Steam forum. And from what I can tell both this forum and Steam have had the same patch note information since the 4th September, and so neither is out of date compared to the other.

Yes right now it is the same. So you telling me this update has been here on this forum since that date?  Don't think so. This is the only forum that seem that I have problems with. That's strange. This forum is not up to date like steam . Does not matter if it's not done by same people. Comes up again with WC not keeping us up to date on their own forum. They should stop tweeting and come to their own forum. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Danouk said:

Yes right now it is the same. So you telling me this update has been here on this forum since that date?  Don't think so.

Yes the Sept 8th date and the 4 items have been there since 4th September. The edit history shows me that, so I can say with 100% confidence that the Sept 8th date was added 4th Sept. I guess time really does fly.

35 minutes ago, Danouk said:

Ok will look into it but I do found it strange this the only forum I am having problems for things to show up on my screen.

In this case it was your browser.

But you are correct that sometimes steam forum get's updated way befor the official forum and the other way around. I noticed this is happening if specific people are not available, for example beeing at a convention or something else.

Archived