Tames Vanished and Structures Unclaimed

xbox/once again ,pds crashed and corrupt and had to wipe. supposedly fixed problem....... isn't fixed. we loaded back after a crash all buildings unclaimed ,dinos gone,people who had pins got in houses all items gone.only thing saved was character. pve rag and now its pvpve .then later it crashed again to home and host can't get game back this time, another corruption and wipe. hopes smashed.

My server has been on the list for 20 hours now...without me hosting it! Dungeons and Dinosaurs went offline around noon on the 31st. Since then I changed the name, but it does not show up. I have had my players join game through Join Game on the host's gamertag. Sadly it shows the gamertag as offline for half of them.

It shows people playing, but that is false. Right now it is the most populated dedicated server with 36/50 players. In a few hours it will be up to 48/50 somehow.

1 hour ago, TheGalaxyReaper said:

Went to change a couple setting on my server came back in and all structures were unowned all dinos gone and everything in boxes, turrets, generators ect gone. Ark full release. ?

Corrupt save. Guessing you exited the server while it was saving. Pretty ridiculous we are still dealing with this poop and don't have any way to restore to a back up 5 minutes before. 

Also so pretty ridiculous that we can't get any help while they are celebrating new dlc releases. 

Guest DJRone89
On 01/09/2017 at 9:45 AM, dragoness said:

xbox/once again ,pds crashed and corrupt and had to wipe. supposedly fixed problem....... isn't fixed. we loaded back after a crash all buildings unclaimed ,dinos gone,people who had pins got in houses all items gone.only thing saved was character. pve rag and now its pvpve .then later it crashed again to home and host can't get game back this time, another corruption and wipe. hopes smashed.

Just had the same on my player dedicated server. It either crashes on "Ragnarok_z_OLD_SPLINES" or loads in, then keeps spawning in creatures above the usual 27000 count up to 52000, then crashes.

So me and my Mrs have been hosting an Xbox PDS for the past few months, enduring all the save corruption issues along the way. Upon official release we switched to Ragnarok (due to popular demand by our player base) and everything was going great... for the first 2 days.

Since then the server has crashed several times and on 3 occasions the save appears to have corrupted. The problem we are facing is, while the server will load back up, when we get back in all structures are unclaimed and tamed Dinos vanish. When attempting to replace these Dinos we've discovered that while we can unclaim, no one else can reclaim them. Characters are saved, however everyone is forced to respawn when joining as if they had been killed.

We've had no choice but to wipe the server files and start again, however given that it's happened 3 time in less than a week, we've taken to decision to change to The Center until there's a fix (this has led to a very unhappy player base... especially as they seem to feel it's our fault in some way..)

Any acknowledgement of this issue would be greatly appreciated.

We had the exact same issue with our server.  We had to completely wipe and delete the host Xbox saves and start over.  I just wish WC would finally give us the option to backup our saves in case of issues like this.  If they think they can actually fix these issues from ever happening they are living in a fantasy world DLC that someday they will charge us for.  At least if we had the backup, then they wouldn't have to try and think of every possible scenario in which this could happen and we would all have peace of mind.

Guest DJRone89
9 hours ago, cschofie said:

We had the exact same issue with our server.  We had to completely wipe and delete the host Xbox saves and start over.  I just wish WC would finally give us the option to backup our saves in case of issues like this.  If they think they can actually fix these issues from ever happening they are living in a fantasy world DLC that someday they will charge us for.  At least if we had the backup, then they wouldn't have to try and think of every possible scenario in which this could happen and we would all have peace of mind.

PS4 can back up saves. Piss take right?

Further development:

Since switching to The Center, the same thing happened, though strangely the server never crashed. Nor was the server taken down and put back up manually, so we're unsure how exactly this happened.

We've taken the drastic measure of uninstalling, clearing all saves and cache and reinstalling again. So far, everything's running ok, but we'll see for how long.

The exact same thing is happening to us. First time we cleared the save & started fresh. I used admin cheats to get our base rebuilt & our tames back. After building for hours yesterday, today it did it again. REALLY need WC to address this, as there is currently no reason to play, since all progress except character level is taken from you on the daily.

Our admin isn't online yet to address it himself and won't be for a few hours due to work.  The rest of us got on our regular dedicated server ( on Ragnarok), and all of our tames have vanished along with our structures being unclaimed. Our tribes have essentially vanished and a  friend got into one of his cabinets that were outside and everything is gone out of it. Is this some kind of a bug that corrupts saves or...?

+1: My PDS Ragnorok server is ruined. Yesterday I did a server reset because one of my players was having trouble logging-on. When I brought the server back up, one of the tribes had some greenhouse tiles that were unclaimed, or lacked any ownership. They had just built the greenhouse so I forced my way into their tribe, reclaimed everything, then forced my way back into my tribe. I found it odd because I know it wasn't a rollback issue. I used cheat saveworld before I reset the server and I logged back in the same place so I know it wasn't a time rollback. Another odd thing is that it seemed as though someone put refertilizer over the entire property. Everyone had rocks, bushes and trees inside their houses.

This morning there was an xbox update so I ran that and relaunched my PDS. I just got home and had messages from everyone on my server complaining that all their structures were unowned, all the tamed dinosaurs disappeared, and all the contents of containers outside are empty. Basically, everyone lost everything...again. This may be the last straw. I am tired of starting over.

On 9/8/2017 at 9:26 PM, Lasher said:

Same here. PDS crashes, when we fire it back up all tamed dinos gone, all structures unclaimed/no longer in a tribe, all gear gone, all items gone (even gas in generators).

Tamed dinos gone and structures unclaimed is a new issue and there is a new thread on it. Please post it there so the devs start working it.

17 hours ago, sidewaysStare said:

Tamed dinos gone and structures unclaimed is a new issue and there is a new thread on it. Please post it there so the devs start working it.

When requesting that people post in a certain thread, it's always handy to provide a link ;)

Also considering (AFAIK) there are only 3 threads on the forum about this (one of them my own) and the thread you are referring to is more recent than this one (which is the first thread of this issue), if you are concerned about forum tidiness, you should really be referring people to this one instead, as it is the first thread.

In the interest of fairness, links below for the other 2 threads:

Have a nice day :)

Edit:- Threads merged, thank you mod!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived