[Primitive Plus] Official future of WC's lower-tech mode. What else is needed?

SadPanda

23 hours ago, Jat said:

Currently, there are no plans to reintroduce Primitive servers onto Official, with Primitive+ being the primarily supported lower-tech mode.  As for why there is a PvE mode of Non-TEK servers, that would be because we try to keep a rule of thumb where we're providing a PvE alternative for our token clusters, however in hindsight, perhaps we'd do something different, with the balance of TEK items not being such a concern for PvE players. 

Considering this is the official view, might I strongly request that all 70+ capped players on the current NA-PVE PrimPlus Ragnarok server request additional servers be created for this game mode?  There is only ONE cluster for NA primplus and only one Rag map which the majority of the playerbase naturally will want to play.  This server is consistently capped and without a queue system is beginning to become a large issue for growth and stability.

Even with the 90% 1-hour AFK timer it's not enough of a countermeasure to the public release influx for players looking for the primitive aspect of the game in a pve environment for the ragnarok map since that is technically the newest.  

On that note, Prim+ still needs bug fixes that were not addressed in early access for issues reported in tickets, googledocs, fixed in patches and later broken in subsequent patches, or newly introduced.  A few being..

• Canteen Engram can't be learned/crafted still
  • Island map Coal on majority of mountain tops still yield Christmas event coal rather than fuel coal. 
  • Giga's cannot harvest Stegos or Mammoth corpses and instead get stuck in them.
  • Megatheriums cannot harvest fish corpses
  • Megalania Kibble cannot be crafted in any type of cooking device regardless of the number of honey used.
  • Raw Mutton does not cook in all cooking utensils
  • Quality crafted Fishing Rods despawn from Pelagornis inventory on server restarts (Have not been able to test since pre-official release nor tested if this is unique to prim+) 
  • PrimitivePlus custom crops kibble alternative taming list does not work other than Beavers, Doeds, Mammoths, Megaloceros that I can remember having tried this weekend.

A few other Quality of life issues that occur to me are that while in Primitive Plus we seemingly have the technology to make Cameras, Harpoon guns, Industrial technology, and steel-smithing we are still unable to discover the mysterious schematics behind creating a primitive scuba mask to aid in seeing underwater.

There is also a need for a primitive plus variant of a gas mask or carbon based filtration system that would allow us to traverse the swamp cave system or survive poison wyverns.

For all the other Primitive+ fans out there, what else have you come across that you've still been craving to have in Prim+ mode or come across as bugs that were never fixed or re-broken?  Since this is now the future of the primitive mode, I figure it would be the best time to try and get everything out on the table for fixing before all resources are allocated for future expansion development and console projects leaving us on the backburner with these problems forever.  Let's speak up before it's too late.

@Jat @Jen 

I can understand you wanting more servers if yours are capped, however I would hope that the developers would finally address the fact that there is only one single official PvP primitive plus server on Xbox and all the others called PvP are running PvE instead. Not to mention the fact that even those servers are missing an Island server for the single NA cluster. 

More lovely bugs for PrimitivePlus.  This is built on my Dinghy on official Primitive Plus PVE Rag.  There is over 150 pillars on this thing with no structure limitations.

The building tiles are skewed to the width of a dinghy, are upside-down, and seems to have no height limitations other than when the dinghy unrendered leaving me unable to build on it anymore.

Hopefully these are fixed and we're not left to wallow in our sandbox till they phase out ragnarok to make room for more abberation servers just like they did with legacy servers. 

20170914034042_1.jpg

20170914035208_1.jpg

Archived