Deprecated Official PC Server Backups

Jatheish

On 9/11/2017 at 7:33 PM, lilpanda said:

If you're wanting to use the save data in singleplayer follow these steps (Depending on the map, Step 2 will vary):

Step 1. Extract the zip into a folder of your choice.

Step 2. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArksLocal {alternatively: TheCenterSavedArksLocal, RagnarokSavedArksLocal, ScorchedEarth_PSavedArksLocal}. If the folder does not exist, create it.

Step 3. Copy the files from the unzipped folder in Step 1 and paste them into the directory above. NOTE: This will override any save data you have in this folder already. Specifically your character and map save so back those up if those exist already.

Step 4. Launch your game and enjoy the nostalgia!

Note: You can also do this using a hosted server. You may need to check with your host for the correct save location.

Does this work for everyone? Even if you have never played??   I tried to download a few different servers to jump into my single player, but after downloading, extracting, and moving to the local arks files or just extracting to the file itself, no matter what i try when i go to load into the single player, the loading screen crashes fatal error always at "theisland_ruins" part of the loading screen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hate to necro this thread, but what are the possibilities of getting some refreshed backups of some of the legacy PvE servers?  We're moving off of Legacy Valguero 931 to a private cluster and would like to have some of our dinos that we've worked on for a few years on the new server.  Is this at all possible?  I only ask, because I noticed most of the dates from the backups were from July 2019.

Thanks!

Archived