Deprecated Official PC Server Backups

Jatheish

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/09/2017 at 9:09 AM, Jat said:

We'd still host it until we announce otherwise, for now, we'll only be releasing save files for servers we've taken offline. 

@Jat

Any chance this will change?

Its obvious with the numbers dwindling most will be deleted soon.

All we are really doing atm is risking losing a chatacter or some other major bug with no support while we wait for another mass delete.

Just make saves available for active legacy (pve atleast) so we can go and host if we choose.

Its a win for you guys as some of us will leave legacy sooner helping you guys free up resources.

I have played on 441 for 2 years and now the server population is down to maybe 3 to 4 players per day.. I have grown very attached to my dino's and want the opportunity to save it to my single player because I know you will wipe my server.. right now.. most of us pretty much log in to do maintenance and feed.. SAVE FILES so we can play single player would be highly appreciated by many of us..   There is one tribe on this server that was a husband and wife team.. They have played since day one.. her husband passed unexpectedly away a few months ago.. she is terrified that they will wipe the server and she will not be able to save it.. and it has a LOT of memories for her of her and her husbands tames and building together..   When she logs into feed.. she is finding some of her stuff is gone (despawned) and she logs in every other day.. we really wish you would post a save of the game so that we can save it before all is lost!!  PLEASE :-)

• Administrator
23 hours ago, edskelly said:

@Jat

Any chance this will change?

Its obvious with the numbers dwindling most will be deleted soon.

All we are really doing atm is risking losing a chatacter or some other major bug with no support while we wait for another mass delete.

Just make saves available for active legacy (pve atleast) so we can go and host if we choose.

Its a win for you guys as some of us will leave legacy sooner helping you guys free up resources.

I certainly understand where you're coming from and the team were pretty firm on our original stance, I will bring it up and see what they reckon, in the case of PvE servers.

2 hours ago, Jat said:

I certainly understand where you're coming from and the team were pretty firm on our original stance, I will bring it up and see what they reckon, in the case of PvE servers.

The PvE community, that your game allowed us to create, is dissipating.

We can't survive until your team gets around to the next round of wipes.

Let us take legacy off your hands, please.

• Volunteer Moderator
10 hours ago, Jat said:

I'm in the same boat; waiting for my PVE island to close/be available to download. Let us know!

@Jat

Can you please make available the backup save file of the server The-PVE-EU-OfficialServer89?
Server was #16 most popular pc server and #1 most popular pc pve server (before ark's full release).
But it's down since ark's full release, almost a month, so i quess you deleted it (no responses so far to our reports, forum posts, tweets etc).
I am not asking to bring it up online, 1st i don't think this will happen and 2nd i lost my will to play online by now, waiting for this server so long.
So i would appreciate if you could at least give us the backup save file of this server.

Jat

I'm going to add my two bits here. Jat, with all due respect can you please find some way to honor and help the EA players asking for a way to save their work and memories with friends? Those of us on console, Xbox, ps4, some of us were anticipating being able to self host servers on proper hardware out of our home or office. We now will not have that option. In addition legacy servers are basically being slowly extinguished by WC policy. 

Please, if you can't let us self host, let us transfer our friendly cooperative PVE based worlds and memories to single player. Many of us won't ever see the end of your game if you just delete our servers and we have to start over. I'd rather not after all the ups and downs for one. 

Please, grab a bit of positive pr while you can here and BEFORE the next wave of server closures provide a way for users on console and pc to transfer legacy servers at the least pve servers either to a host, OR to single player for those without the means to do so. Please sir, as you've heard, there are memories involved here and many of us wouldn't have kept building things up as much had we not been under the impression our servers would get equal treatment as earlier stated. 

Pull through on this one. Show you are doing your best to do right by your player base. 

Thank you for listening

@Jatheish I lost my main characther on the deletion process, I was logged on the server when the shutdown happens without any warning, is it possible that the support guys restore my main characther from the profilebak file on to legacy server?, is an ascended lvl 110 toon, and is the owner of the tribe on the legacy server where i moved to, but cant do much on gobernance since i have no owner and i am using my other toon from the Island to keep the tribe running.

@Jatheish well i know someone on legacy who just lost their toon and will get no support.

All this person had been doing was feeding dinos and reseting timets till their server gets deleted and they get their pve save.

This person has now rage quit the game and thats one less person buying expansions.

Personally i am playing less and less as with no support i literally want to minimise the time i am at risk.

This is not a fun way to play the game.

On 10/6/2017 at 4:43 PM, edskelly said:

@Jatheish well i know someone on legacy who just lost their toon and will get no support.

All this person had been doing was feeding dinos and reseting timets till their server gets deleted and they get their pve save.

This person has now rage quit the game and thats one less person buying expansions.

Personally i am playing less and less as with no support i literally want to minimise the time i am at risk.

They do not care. At all.

Everyone who bought into the game during pre-release, and made the development all those dollars, getting them where they are today... can go fork themselves. 

Our thanks for supporting their work is to have our support yanked. Yup, that's how it is. 

We are all being pushed to go make or play on private servers.... wow, way to cop out.

Not buying abberation, or anything else for this game. You disappoint again and again, WC.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:43 PM, edskelly said:

100% agree.. I don't want to spend hours upon hours playing anymore on legacy just to have them wiped or something happen to them and not have the support.  Each time I log on I fear I will find something wrong..  Another player on our server keeps logging in to find parts of her base despawning or some of her dino's gone.. she even had a whole 2nd base despawn.. and she had been there the day before...  I just want to save my dino's I have spent 2 years with.. Please don't take that away from us!!

So few suggestion lower the risk of issues for players that are keeping their legacy enviroment up

- increase decay timers on structures or remove them. If this is server setting should not be hard since legacy is separate from the new servers

- lower or remove consumption of dino’s. 

- remove claim or increase the timers x2-3

- do this until save files are released.

all this wil atleast lower the risk of losing characters to any other unresolved bug. 

We are on a kill list so do something atleast for the alpha testers... then letting us wait for months

I really hope you will hear us and release legacy server archives for download. While it is nice to not have everything we built up deleted just like that, I have to say what was once a vivid community has become an almost deserted place. The atmosphere has become kind of toxic with a few server roamers exploiting the fact that there's no more support. You can tell by the abusive tribe names they choose and the ugly behavior they display. Many have either abandoned the server or they only log on to keep up their structures and feed animals, waiting for the archives. I am seriously hoping that all the feeding and maintenance of structures doesn't make for enough server activity to let it remain online.

Dear developers, please reconsider making legacy servers available for download. I think it would be the best for everyone. If people decide to host servers from this, you gain. If people choose to turn archives into their local game, they will at least stay active players who may at some point choose to rejoin the online community, buy DLCs and contribute to a nice community. Should you also decide to take the servers offline it will allow for more server capacity elsewhere. Since it's kind of a struggle to find a place on new servers - at least that's what I hear from friends - that's also surely a positive effect.

@Leoli i find it mind boggling they havent acted on this.

They can clearly tell that many of the few people left on legacy are just keeping stuff alive and timers up till they delete, yet they simply wont release the save when they know these people will abandon legacy straight away.

And all this while there just isnt enough new servers.

OC is the region i play on and just about all the new servers are at tame limit.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:16 AM, edskelly said:

@Leoli i find it mind boggling they havent acted on this.

They can clearly tell that many of the few people left on legacy are just keeping stuff alive and timers up till they delete, yet they simply wont release the save when they know these people will abandon legacy straight away.

And all this while there just isnt enough new servers.

OC is the region i play on and just about all the new servers are at tame limit.

I am totally surprised also.  They could revamp the servers and use them for the new DLC or create new servers as you said.  I don't understand how hard it would be to make the save.. post an announcement on Survive the Ark and Steam.. and to put a floating note at top of screen in the legacy servers that a save has been initiated .. even do same note a few weeks in advance and keep it on top of screen to give us fair warning a save is coming and server repurpose is imminent..

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:30 AM, Leoli said:

I really hope you will hear us and release legacy server archives for download. While it is nice to not have everything we built up deleted just like that, I have to say what was once a vivid community has become an almost deserted place. The atmosphere has become kind of toxic with a few server roamers exploiting the fact that there's no more support. You can tell by the abusive tribe names they choose and the ugly behavior they display. Many have either abandoned the server or they only log on to keep up their structures and feed animals, waiting for the archives. I am seriously hoping that all the feeding and maintenance of structures doesn't make for enough server activity to let it remain online.

Dear developers, please reconsider making legacy servers available for download. I think it would be the best for everyone. If people decide to host servers from this, you gain. If people choose to turn archives into their local game, they will at least stay active players who may at some point choose to rejoin the online community, buy DLCs and contribute to a nice community. Should you also decide to take the servers offline it will allow for more server capacity elsewhere. Since it's kind of a struggle to find a place on new servers - at least that's what I hear from friends - that's also surely a positive effect.

Couldn't agree more.. our server was a great community (of course we had our own issues, as does every server) that got along for the most part.  Occasionally, we would get the trolls or jerks but they would eventually leave once we stopped feeding their ego's or arguing with them.    I have noticed that, now.. as well as on the new servers also. there are some real jerks.. they seem to be getting worse and worse..  and lets not forget the tribes that purposely build on resource areas or block rivers and passage ways just to cause grief!!    

PLEASE WC.. release our PVE Legacy servers as a save file before ALL of our time goes down the toilet!!  Without support.. the servers are suffering losses and destruction without any recourse from legit players!!   

Does anyone have a clue of how we can post this to Steam or get more traffic??.. I think we need to get more followers and get a larger player base asking for the same thing we are asking so we can get their (WC) attention... I just don't want the trolls coming and ruining it or the complainers or other subjects ruining the topic/issue.. any suggestions or thoughts??  

Archived