Deprecated Official PC Server Backups

Jatheish

5 hours ago, Bearbrat said:

OK.. really REALLY dumb question.. so .. I saved the files to my single player as per instructed.. question is.. it makes me start a new character... it wont let me in my base or any other base for that matter and I see a timer going down.. besides.. beings seriously choppy and laggy.. anyone have any suggestion on how I can get into my base as my character and how to stop the count down?   I apologize in advance for the stupidity of this.. btw.. I play PC version!  Win 10..

You need to find out your steam id, then find the profile in the save file with your steam id and change the steam id number to localplayer (I can't remember if the l and p need to be capitals)

As for performance it will be poor at the start, even my server was the first day or so as the dinos and structures are loaded the first time. But it did improve for us and is much better now that we are about half way through removing everyone's bases and dinos we don't want around.

Oh and a word to warning if you do use the command to wipe  a whole tribes structures at once you will lag hard and possibly crash your game or get dcd from your server

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, edskelly said:

You need to find out your steam id, then find the profile in the save file with your steam id and change the steam id number to localplayer (I can't remember if the l and p need to be capitals)

As for performance it will be poor at the start, even my server was the first day or so as the dinos and structures are loaded the first time. But it did improve for us and is much better now that we are about half way through removing everyone's bases and dinos we don't want around.

Oh and a word to warning if you do use the command to wipe  a whole tribes structures at once you will lag hard and possibly crash your game or get dcd from your server

I found that but there are 2 files for every ID.. but different extensions.. (don't have it in front of me atm) which do I use and I change it from, for example 12121212121.arkprofile to local.arkprofile (I saw this post somewhere also).. I wish I knew what the other extension was.. 

How do you wipe a specific tribe structure and not ones you don't want?  Sorry.. very new to admin commands.. never used them before :-)

BTW.. thank you!!!  VERY MUCH!!

Yep  it's the. Ark. Profile one you change.I am fairly sure it's localplayer you change it to not just local.

In regards to commands check the wiki for a full list but the ones you're asking about are

enablecheats first of all

Then while looking at at a tribe structure you want to wipe its admincheat destroytribestructures

for Dinos admincheat destroytribedinos

just double check the wiki first though

• 3 weeks later...

I finally rented a Nitrado Xbox server so we could resurrect our old Scorched Earth game, but I don't see it in the list.

I can't quite remember the exact spelling/wording of the server name, but it was something like NA-PVE-HARDCORE-SCORCHEDEARTH958.

Can someone please look into this. The whole point of us getting our own dedicated XBox server was so we could start playing our old game again.

Thanks

27 minutes ago, Bearbrat said:

Are you sure there was a 958?? I see about 3 to 4 in the list but they are all below the 900's..  And please don't bite my head off :-)  It is a simple questions.. and I can really understand your frustration if they did not save it.. might take a ticket to ask??

Yes that was the exact number 958. It was a NA PVE Hardcore ScorchedEarth server. In fact it and one EU one were the last ones to survive until the very end.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 1:19 PM, VulcanRaven2618 said:

Yes that was the exact number 958. It was a NA PVE Hardcore ScorchedEarth server. In fact it and one EU one were the last ones to survive until the very end.

Ya, I saw another hardcore one but definitely not that one.. did you try putting in a ticket?  Maybe they missed it by accident?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:47 AM, Avaraxius said:

when is next legacy wipe coming, any news on that?

43 minutes ago, Bearbrat said:

I have not seen anything about that.. you might have to keep asking again and again like we did... good luck! :-)

Information on that was posted on February 10th, in the Community Crunch 118.  Legacy wipe will be on March 9th.

11 minutes ago, lunalycaon said:

Information on that was posted on February 10th, in the Community Crunch 118.  Legacy wipe will be on March 9th.

Yes.. Legacy wipe Mar 9th, but it did not say anything about saves for the people who at playing on the legacy servers which are being wiped, unfortunately.  I must have quoted the incorrect thing.. I meant to quote..the question about the saves.. my bad.. I am sorry for the confusion! :-)

This is what they said in relation to saved files and where to find such files:  https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/pc-legacy-pve-saves/

Official PC Legacy PVE Savefiles

These save files were taken from the Official Servers on the 10th of November 2017.

Over time, if we end up repurposing more Legacy PC servers due to inactivity, we will ensure that their save files are accessible through here.

To find your Official PC Legacy Server save file from the list, just hover over the drop down menu and scroll through the list; you can also hit Ctrl+F on the keyboard and type your server name or number to quickly find your server.

1 hour ago, Bearbrat said:

Yes.. Legacy wipe Mar 9th, but it did not say anything about saves for the people who at playing on the legacy servers which are being wiped, unfortunately.  I must have quoted the incorrect thing.. I meant to quote..the question about the saves.. my bad.. I am sorry for the confusion! :-)

This is what they said in relation to saved files and where to find such files:  https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/pc-legacy-pve-saves/

Official PC Legacy PVE Savefiles

These save files were taken from the Official Servers on the 10th of November 2017.

Over time, if we end up repurposing more Legacy PC servers due to inactivity, we will ensure that their save files are accessible through here.

To find your Official PC Legacy Server save file from the list, just hover over the drop down menu and scroll through the list; you can also hit Ctrl+F on the keyboard and type your server name or number to quickly find your server.

to my knowledge, these files are not the ones that they will be releasing for the servers about to be closed.  They were released as per player request.

Jen wrote in her posting that the save files for the newest server closures will be available by Feb 19th at the earliest and they will add a link to the post for us to be able to access them.  I keep checking daily, but no posted link yet....

Taken from Community Crunch 118:
Server Saves of Deleted Servers
We will make the save files available as soon as we can, which will likely be sometime around February 19th at the earliest. We will host the PC files which anyone can download and then you are welcome to re-host the save file for your own use. We'll include a link to where you can download server saves in this post when they are available. Nitrado will also be able to provide the saves for use on Nitrado servers for console, as they have done in the past.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:23 PM, WeeChris said:

Hopefully they put new files up, as november till februarys a fair time in ark and alot of hard work would have been done in this time just to be told there being removed.

Wish some admin or that would at least confirm this as ive been just feeding dinos hoping that they update that save file.

Saw this posted today:

The Great Migration #2!

This will be our final warning regarding the second deprecation of some of our legacy servers! It will take place on Friday, 9th of March. We'll be starting off by working on bringing these specific Legacy Servers offline in the early morning, and by the end of the evening, we'll have a launched a bunch of new Official Servers across all platforms. The save files for the PC servers will be made available on Friday the 9th, and we'll be working with Nitrado to get the console ones online as soon as possible! If you are a player on the Official Legacy Server Network please read the full post at the link below for more information as well as a list of which Legacy servers are being taken down permanently.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/patch-278-tlc-pass-1-valentines-day-tlc-phase-2-preview-great-migration-2-community-crunch-118-r684/

I would assume they will do the save on March 8 and make them available when they say on March 9th.. I personally would not do any major taming or building after today because they do not "specifically" state the save date..

@Bearbrat

Given how long it took to make the saves available last time I doubt that if the saves are available by the 9th that the save will be from the 8th....more likely a week or two earlier.

And if the saves are indeed from the 8th I feel the 9th will be another deadline WC will not meet.

Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see it happening in one day.

Archived