Deprecated Official PC Server Backups

Jatheish

4 hours ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello all,

We play on XBOX and the wait is long winded we think. The first option was to download the maps and then have one map on XBOX. With the soon release of XBOX X more people will have two XBOX.

So why did that change to company hosted servers?

The maps can be accessed free when released using god mode to explore, once released. But only free for a week or two. I need one day or less.

So why the change from public downloads to Nitrado or other companies?

Regards,

Ariana and Sara

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but from what I know you still and will be able to host a server using a second xbox. The Nitrado service is just another way to host a server if you don't already have a second xbox.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/11/2017 at 4:00 PM, Jat said:

Correct, we decided to take the save on the day of the announcement, as we expected there to be some unnatural movements cause by the announcement itself.

Might I suggest that would have been the kind of information that would have been useful at the time the announcement was made, or at least soon after? I know that some folks at least discussed the idea of jumping to a deprecated server in order to get a save file for home use. It might have been nice to know that was not a viable option before pulling the trigger.

7 hours ago, dv8ndie said:

This is very disappointing to me.  I spent the last few days before the shutdown moving Dinos and Eggs to Primitive-PVE-NA-ScorchedEarth772 and none of the dinos or eggs I moved are in the file I downloaded.  It appears the save file I have access to was made about a week prior to the shutdown.  :(

" the save file is from the day we announced that we would be repurposing the servers."

On 9/12/2017 at 7:27 PM, Arkangel180 said:

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but from what I know you still and will be able to host a server using a second xbox. The Nitrado service is just another way to host a server if you don't already have a second xbox.

@arkangel180, thanks for answering. I thought that Nitrado files for xbox was locked to Nitrado. We do want these maps very much. /Ariana

Yes, that is what we guessed. The next update and the patch notes might give more info regarding XBOX. /Ariana
I'm hoping they wipe my legacy server soon so I can just put it in a cluster with my ragnarok server. I want to keep my hard worked for mutation at least. Eventually, I'm hoping I can host my own server with my own computer in the future, without paying a fee to rent one.

Posted from my SM-G935V using ARK: Survival Evolved Community App

Yes I agree people just wait for the end on legacy.

Most people on XBOX can not afford the XBOX Live subscription that is needed to play online. Pay more...

I have more that 1000 followers and my Dedicated XBOX server never had more than 10 players at the same time. Peak performance. When a player buys XBOX Live they go for the official online network. Wild Card search for a solution I am sure. But the core is single player and Official online server network.

I am surprised that single player gets the new creatures for free and not in downloadable payed packages.

Currently we are raising two rex first generation, one poison (lvl25 just so I can learn how to fight) and one ice Wyvern. I would have payed for the Ice Wyvern, no questions asked.

Edit: What I mean is that a player pays one time for online or/and for single player. Hopefully WC can get XBOX Live free with the purchase of the game. :)

Regards,

Ariana

Also for single player, if you want to use the survivor that you had in that server, in the save folder find the .arkprofile that have your steam id as a name (for ex. 101222452325.arkprofile) and rename it to local.arkprofile

On 9/12/2017 at 3:33 AM, lilpanda said:

If you're wanting to use the save data in singleplayer follow these steps (Depending on the map, Step 2 will vary):

Step 1. Extract the zip into a folder of your choice.

Step 2. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArksLocal {alternatively: TheCenterSavedArksLocal, RagnarokSavedArksLocal, ScorchedEarth_PSavedArksLocal}. If the folder does not exist, create it.

Step 3. Copy the files from the unzipped folder in Step 1 and paste them into the directory above. NOTE: This will override any save data you have in this folder already. Specifically your character and map save so back those up if those exist already.

Step 4. Launch your game and enjoy the nostalgia!

Note: You can also do this using a hosted server. You may need to check with your host for the correct save location.

On 9/14/2017 at 9:25 PM, ArianaGaming said:

@jaypak, look for caves and also underwater caves. I seriously doubt that one base is the only thing. Alphas like the snow in my experience, so look there first.

yeah a know, a went thru all the locations... have tried out a few se servers too and all the alpha bases were decaying so not much to test there... a guess thats why the servers were took down but am sure theres a few good servers to try out just need to find them lol

edit: try server 103 if yous want to test out base raiding, all the obs are hard especially snow or if you force join the tribe they have everything

Once you guys take down more Legacy servers, can you guys make available not just the server files at the time, but also the August 2017 backups?  Because that is the point where they really died.  I've taken over structures and tames from about 3 large tribes on my server and I'm already having issue maintaining it all.  Also, there's only about 5% of the active players left who would care about these magnificent legacy structures (PVE.)  I also am having difficulty doing it; just depressing seeing the PVE community I knew for 2 years gone.

18 hours ago, GeneralPatton said:

Once you guys take down more Legacy servers, can you guys make available not just the server files at the time, but also the August 2017 backups?  Because that is the point where they really died.  I've taken over structures and tames from about 3 large tribes on my server and I'm already having issue maintaining it all.  Also, there's only about 5% of the active players left who would care about these magnificent legacy structures (PVE.)  I also am having difficulty doing it; just depressing seeing the PVE community I knew for 2 years gone.

Totally agree.. I have asked if there was a way they could give me a save file of my server (hasn't wiped yet but know it will) and was told it was impossible then I saw this thread.. so happy to have found it.. only hope when they wipe mine.. they make it so I can get the save file.. two years of building.. makes me sad to see it all go :-(

Archived