Deprecated Official PC Server Backups

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey Survivors,

You can now download the save files of the Legacy servers which were repurposed on PC from here:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/deprecated-official-pc-server-backups/

This directory should contain each server that we took down, the save file is from the day we announced that we would be repurposing the servers. In the event that more servers are taken down in the future, we will also make those save files available. At this time, we will not be providing the save files for any current server which is online.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, MJF said:

Does that mean any progress made in the 5 or so days between the announcement and the servers going down was not kept?

Correct, we decided to take the save on the day of the announcement, as we expected there to be some unnatural movements cause by the announcement itself.

5 minutes ago, BombSquid said:

Can you tell us anything about nitrado servers for xbox? please I'm so hyped!!! Love your game guys!!!

Posted from my [device_name] using http://ARK: Survival Evolved Community App

We're still working on it, and should be available this month, initial ETA was the middle of Sept though it may be pushed back a bit due to the weather taking some of our critical windows away, once I have an updated timeline on when it'll be available, I'll let ya know. Hopefully, our tech team are able to get back into their offices soon! 

We're still working on it, and should be available this month, initial ETA was the middle of Sept though it may be pushed back a bit due to the weather taking some of our critical windows away, once I have an updated timeline on when it'll be available, I'll let ya know. Hopefully, our tech team are able to get back into their offices soon! 
Thank you so much Jat!!!! You guys rock and I love your game!!!!!

Posted from my [device_name] using http://ARK: Survival Evolved Community App

• Administrator
Just now, edskelly said:

@Jat any chance of getting a pcpve server save that isnt deleted yet?

Would be great to host it now rather than later.

Works for you guys too as it frees up resources

We'd still host it until we announce otherwise, for now, we'll only be releasing save files for servers we've taken offline. 

1 minute ago, Jat said:

We'd still host it until we announce otherwise, for now, we'll only be releasing save files for servers we've taken offline. 

Ok fair enough.

Could you confirm that you will be doing the same regarding the saves with any future legacy servers deleted?making them available and the save being the day the deletion is announced

That way we can continue to progress knowing its not a waste of time

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, edskelly said:

Could you confirm that you will be doing the same regarding the saves with any future legacy servers deleted?making them available and the save being the day the deletion is announced

That way we can continue to progress knowing its not a waste of time

Aye, that's the plan, if we ever decide to offline a server, we'll make the savefile available the day of the announcement.

@Jat can you give an ETA on when we'll be getting move pve legacy rag servers on xbox one? We're in severe need of more as there are only 4 of them at the moment and it simply isn't enough for all the legacy players. Even if you do manage to get in them the servers are pillared so badly you can barely find a spot.

1 minute ago, Zephyrian said:

@Jat can you give an ETA on when we'll be getting move pve legacy rag servers on xbox one? We're in severe need of more as there are only 4 of them at the moment and it simply isn't enough for all the legacy players. Even if you do manage to get in them the servers are pillared so badly you can barely find a spot.

Same on ps4, only 4

3 hours ago, lilpanda said:

If you're wanting to use the save data in singleplayer follow these steps (Depending on the map, Step 2 will vary):

Step 1. Extract the zip into a folder of your choice.

Step 2. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArksLocal {alternatively: TheCenterSavedArksLocal, RagnarokSavedArksLocal, ScorchedEarth_PSavedArksLocal}. If the folder does not exist, create it.

Step 3. Copy the files from the unzipped folder in Step 1 and paste them into the directory above. NOTE: This will override any save data you have in this folder already. Specifically your character and map save so back those up if those exist already.

Step 4. Launch your game and enjoy the nostalgia!

Note: You can also do this using a hosted server. You may need to check with your host for the correct save location.

OK.. this is fantastic.. I was asking about this but told it could not be done.. I know my server will eventually be wiped and I was hoping there was a way I could save my dino's that I have had for close to 2 years directly to my Single Player.. this is GREAT.. my heart doesn't feel so heavy now :-).. Question.. When you say NOTE: This will override any save data you have in this folder already. Specifically your character and map save back those up if those exist already.... does this mean specifically any previous "SINGLE PLAYER" and NOT our online character?? Sorry for sounding dumb but I want to be positive.. 

Thank you in advance!!  Love the game!!!

5 hours ago, Jat said:

Actually, the initial ETA was August 8th 

No surprise that you are going to delay it once again. Wild Card seems to be great at everything but meeting ETAs and communication. I find it amazing that Conan was able to launch with the ability to rent servers. As broke as that game currently is, they were able to provide rentable servers on Xbox. So obviously being able to rent servers on Xbox isn't rocket science. Instead of being able to rent servers we were given the otter. Oh wait, xbox hasn't received that yet either. It would be nice if Wild Card would actually follow through on things, rather than just delay again and again!

I really feel for you Jat, it must be hard trying to provide communication for a company that seems to be run like a dog with ADHD. Instead of being focused on the things that are supposed to be done, they focus on other things instead (Everyone remember when the toilet came out? The game was broken, but hey, we got a toilet!)

Hello all,

We play on XBOX and the wait is long winded we think. The first option was to download the maps and then have one map on XBOX. With the soon release of XBOX X more people will have two XBOX.

So why did that change to company hosted servers?

The maps can be accessed free when released using god mode to explore, once released. But only free for a week or two. I need one day or less.

So why the change from public downloads to Nitrado or other companies?

Regards,

Ariana and Sara

Archived