How does Auto Decay work?

Tylersoh

I am not convinced it is that simple, Weiss.

My tribe just lost a bunch of thatch walls and ceilings as well as a bunch of storage containers. Bear in mind that we are an established tribe on a pve server, so the walls/ceilings I am referring to were already attached to foundations. We logged in just 2 days ago. I think that the timers may be messed up.

9 hours ago, ZaneC said:

I am not convinced it is that simple, Weiss.

My tribe just lost a bunch of thatch walls and ceilings as well as a bunch of storage containers. Bear in mind that we are an established tribe on a pve server, so the walls/ceilings I am referring to were already attached to foundations. We logged in just 2 days ago. I think that the timers may be messed up.

Well that's new to me.

OP stated he placed a single foundation so the 12h rule should apply. 

I never heard of/experienced thatch stuff auto-decay as quick as you say.

I didn't read the patch notes though, so idk if it is intended by wc for some reason. 

I was away for 4 days and a friends base I had merged with had stone structures with greenhouse walls for a glass window design. All snapped and connected together as far as I know.  After coming back to the game I notice that all his greenhouse parts, not just the window but the greenhouse itself had decayed. Does greenhouse parts auto-decay after 4 days? Seems like they shouldn't have, given the fact that they were connected to the rest of the base structure.

1 hour ago, ArkCreation said:

I was away for 4 days and a friends base I had merged with had stone structures with greenhouse walls for a glass window design. All snapped and connected together as far as I know.  After coming back to the game I notice that all his greenhouse parts, not just the window but the greenhouse itself had decayed. Does greenhouse parts auto-decay after 4 days? Seems like they shouldn't have, given the fact that they were connected to the rest of the base structure.

Unfortunately greenhouse parts count as thatch as far as autodecay's concerned, so after 4 days they'd be gone no matter what they're snapped to.

4 hours ago, maze said:

I'm confused with the 'auto-decay' and 'demolish' timers. Those can't be the same, cause if it would auto decay - no one would be able to demo anything. 

Rather think it's something like 12 or 24 hours on top of the demo timer of any given structure. 

"Demolish allowed" will be visible when someone is in render distance of a sructure while the timer runs out.

If no one is in render distance when the timer runs out everything will "auto decay" as soon as someone renders the structure.

Animals that are not rendered when the timer runs out will be deleted, if someone is near they can be claimed.

If you see "demolish allowed", leave the render distance and come back, everything will decay/be deleted. You can often see the parts breaking and falling in that case.

lone structure (foundation, pillar, etc.) 12 hours

Thatch 4 days

Wood and dinos (I think adobe) 8 days

Stone 12 days

Metal 16 days

Tek I saw a structure with 40 days remaining.

So tek foundation with thatch walls will decay in 4.5 days... 4 days for thatch and then when foundation is alone another 12 hours. I see a lot of people make this mistake. They put thatch on a stone or wood foundation, work m-f, then when they get on Friday night their structures are gone.

If you really lost your doedec that quickly and are not legacy submit a support ticket maybe?

• 3 weeks later...

I lost everything I had built yestarday (10/03/2017)... auto decay destroyed... my entire base, all my itens, hours of hard work, everything.... I m piss of and thinking given up ark... its not fair... 
Its ridiculous.... Imagine lost all your entire base in a blink (a couple of hours)... no way... imagine... broke those rocks again.... no no no... I m loving this game but this is a shame and maybe an end for me... 
PS4

#removeautodecay

• 3 weeks later...

Auto decay is severely screwed up. Badly. We have had multiple dinos right out side our base autodecay. We also had a METAL wall autodecay right where we had been filling troughs for juvie rexes all night.

But, the mods are either going to move, lock, or delete this thread.

They dont like it when you want answers on obvious screwups and call out the devs on their screwups.

A tribemate of mine went out and koed a shark. Normally, even on 1X, those are fire and forget with kibble. I had to warn him about the new auto decay killing it if he was not there to keep it rendered during tame and the fact that torpor does not rise on derendered dinos. He was a little irritated, especially since he went to the trouble of fencing it in in the shallows to keep it from running away due to the new freak out and run away mechanism implemented on dinos.

He's not so hot of a squid pilot, and did not want to use it to move the shark closer to base before tranking.

• 10 months later...

Archived