Question about property

Graytalon

Morning all,

I have been looking around and can't find an official Wildcard post on Pillaring.  True, I have only been looking for a day or so, but I can't find any Official word.  

Ok, by Pillaring I mean using pillars and foundations to take over whole islands or other large areas.  I know foundations are worse than pillars, but I am lumping them together.  Large area, while subjective, would mean something akin to Herbie or Carno islands if they were all land.  There again, subjective.  Tribes with the 500 dino limit would need that much land or possibly more.  But we'll use that as a start.

Regardless, I have yet to find a Dev post on what is allowed or not.  I have seen people on servers chatting up with statements ranging from "Don't pillar anything or you will get banned".  To "if you put them to protect spawns it's completely ok."  But I digress.

If you can point me to a Dev post outlining that, I would be grateful.

v/r

GT,

Lowly Gamer since 1999, The Realm

You can pillar big areas of land. You cannot pillar someone elses base, vital water and pathways or the majority of vital ressources that you cannot get somewhere else.

But you obviously cannot pillar off the whole Island.

Fact is, there is no official answer on how much land is too much. It depends on various factors, like server population and so on.

On 9/11/2017 at 2:23 PM, Hemplethwaite said:

Excerpt :

High Severity:

• Griefing
    • Some examples:
      • PvP – Setting player spawn traps. Due to the nature of PvP servers, there is little we will be able to assist with on these types of servers for griefing.
      • PvE Server: Blocking in other tribes dinos, Blocking  access in/out of their bases, and Obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying players access. (must be completely blocked and no other ways around)

So, what I get from that is as long as you aren't blocking another Tribes dinos,  blocking in/out or access to a Tribes base or Obstructing pathways or waterways with no other ways around, pillars and <shiver>  foundations are acceptable.  While not completely unexpected, it's nice to be able to direct someone to this link.  Thanks Hemplethwaite!

I personally think blocking access to drops or rare resources should be in there too, but I just play then game, not make the rules.

GT,

Lowly Gamer since 1999, The Realm

2 hours ago, jaypak said:

people don't care, people think only of themselves therefor you will always have someone pillar everywhere just for the sake of it wither he uses the space or not

ppl have played with enough jerks to know you dont wait for somebody to block you off first in this game. You block more than you need, build what you want then release the extra when you are done. other wise you will have any assortment of retarded neighbors. sux but thas how ark is. I have a guy right now on a server managed to find the one spot i did not get pillared on the cliff overlooking  the drop section of my base and built a that hut. now since he found this opening in the middle of my pillars im sure he will go claim i pillared him in and make it so i cannot build my wyvern pen on the cliff like i intended.

Archived