Overseer Arena

RatchetX

You have to know that there is a max amount of spawn, so you either gather them all with 1-2 baiter that spam rare flowers for aggro so when the overseer change phases, he doesn't spawn more and just need your baiter to be extra careful while the rest can concentrate on the boss. 

Otherwise the boss will spawn minions in an invincible state until max amount is reached after each apex killed. 

14 minutes ago, Kraken said:

What? No you don't. Any tames that survived until the end of the Tek cave get teleported to the Overseer Arena with you as long as you've got them inside the bubble.

Seriously?! My bad I must have seriously mis understood the tek cave and overseer area lol. A quick look at the wiki says they are teleported to entrance of the tek cave ? 

4 minutes ago, Kraken said:

Yep, if you defeat the Overseer and Ascend then any tames still standing get teleported back to the entrance of the Tek Cave. 

Well I'll be dammed lol. All of a sudden the Tek cave doesnt sound as brutal if theres a possibility that the tames will comeout the other side. Cant beleive I got that one so wrong lol 

7 hours ago, queenwefe said:

Is this different for single player?

I've done the overseer fight twice now on SP and no tames came with me to the overseer, they were definitely in the bubble with me both times :-/

We are keen to do this on our PVE server, but all thought the tames were sacrificial. That we'd never see them again...

18 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

After the fight you lose your tames and all element in your inventory...

Now I am just confused lol

12 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Well I'll be dammed lol. All of a sudden the Tek cave doesnt sound as brutal if theres a possibility that the tames will comeout the other side. Cant beleive I got that one so wrong lol 

yeah i was gonna say! I thought you lose them all. Well this is a nice thing to hear. I did this on single player with one rex dino that went in with me. I went back to the entrance of the tek cave. It wasn't there.

5 hours ago, ChunkyMonkey said:

you loose everything your dinos gear and char, WC new way to get you to start again (ninja nerf)......

So do you lose your tames now ? I always thought it was like that ? You shouldnt lose your character though ? 

1 hour ago, ArkCreation said:

yeah i was gonna say! I thought you lose them all. Well this is a nice thing to hear. I did this on single player with one rex dino that went in with me. I went back to the entrance of the tek cave. It wasn't there.

I know right!  50 dinos is alot to sacrifice even for end game lol. 

I tried this last night with two tribe mates.  We each took in a rex and a thero on follow.  Theros lasted longer than I though but did end up in the lava.  One of the rexes and tribemates did too....damn knockback on the buffed carnos.  Rexes transported fine to the overseer area.  Of course even with extremely OP assualt rifled, tek rifles and ACS FLAK we got wrecked.  Mostly do to the cold.  Still, didn't do nearly enough damage to the boss, for the two of us there were just too many drones to deal with.  Will try again tonight with a few more people.  Sadly ARK is all about numbers.

So I went in on single player with godmode and infinite stats on me and on a godly gmsummoned rex to the gamma cave. Rex came with me to the overseer arena and after I defeated the overseer, the rex was sitting back at the cave entrance. I kept all my stuff too. Happy days ! Tek cave ia no longer certain death for 50 tames, although I would hate to do the tek cave and overseer areana legit. It was hard enough to take out the overseer even with a godly rex, spent along time chasing it down and its really cold in there. No idea how much damage it and the defense units dished out because of godmode. 

• 4 weeks later...

So has anyone beat the overseer on official legacy yet? I'm interested to get a group together but want to know how many rexes I will have to use to beat it. Don't wanna have to bring in 50 rexes if I don't need to. And well making 50 117.5 rex saddles is not cheap. And I know some will end up falling in lava but I think if we can use tame order groups we could minimize that. Cause I'd much rather go in with 10-20 rexes with riders if we can win with that. 

Archived