PVP is a joke -Kibble tree broken

Del

Had a seven Man tribe, here is what I have learned

1. Kibble tree is broken - Day 1 alpha tribe already has a 230 lvl Giga,  they run it across the map using flyers and use it to wipe bases , it basically jumps and swims everywhere while its not ridden with unlimited stamina....Ridiculous

2.  Day 2 People already have Griffins ( Mutton is a joke) basically you can have the most dominant flying mount in the game in 1-2 days this should be a very specialized tame

3. Day five tribes already have wyverns.... and not just one , several, One week into the game and tribes with unlimited time are already at end game flyers

Admittedly they are all more experience then myself and I have learned a lot just by watching these players. I am stunned at how clever they are.

Week 2 We have retreated off all rag & island servers to SE this map blows :)  just my personal opinion

Back to Rag in Asia to play during off hours( I think I'm being sneaky/smart here

And last because I don't want to make this a rant , everyone and their sister will raid your base and kill all your tames while your offline

I class the above statement as a new game play mechanic Player vs Structure

Starting from scratch every day is boring, joining a mega tribe if your allowed in is boring, its basically PVE for new recruits

Running around in your underwear with a bola hoping to catch an alpha off guard is really booring

I have played dozens of PVP games and been successful to moderately successful in all of them. 

ARK is by far the most brutal pvp environment I have ever played in and there is ZERO room for casual players

Good Luck if you want to pvp!!

Congrats to the Alphas for reaching Endgame in a week!

Game over insert Pacman music here

Del

The Ark official servers are just junk do not flush your time away on the. The tribes are always killing noobs, cheating, Boosting and what not that makes the game total trash for anyone not in a 10 player tribe. I do know this from my 2k hours in some of the biggest tribes. If you really want to play the game and enjoy it do not play on wild cards servers.

Love Mom

as they say, "if you can't take the heat, step out of the oven."

pvp, in itself, is a monster. it's a game type which you much be 100% consciously aware that you will be wiped. it will happen. it might be as soon as you have a base, it may be 6 months after you have a base, it might be a year if you're lucky. but someone will always come along and destroy your many hours of hard work. that is the first thing you must accept.

secondly, large tribes have an advantage, always. the more tribe mates you have, the more shared xp each of you get; the more xp you get, the quicker you unlock items. and more tribe mates = easier taming, resource farming, and base building. larger tribes are gonna be ahead of the little guys every single time.

finally, understand that it's an official server. that alone speaks volumes about it, but for a few reasons. since the server is ran by the company, it will stay up until they decide to wipe it in the future, which means it will always be on the list of playable servers until its destruction. so that means there will always be a constant flow of old and new players into the server. the owner of a player dedicated server could easily just stop hosting and ruin all of your progress with no warning, so many people prefer to stay away. 

official servers typically have the lowest rates on anything in comparison to player dedicated servers, so more players are needed in tribes to reach goals they have set. because things are so much harder to acquire, tribes tend to raid other tribes to get the resources they need to be on the top.

and finally, cross ark is a contributor to the brutality of it. well established tribes from other official PVP servers will/have typically come/came to reek havok on other large tribes or even small ones from different servers, either wanting a new server to live on or just for the hell of it. 

its a game of dominance. if you don't get to the top quickly then you very well may never make it there. players will find ways to obtain mutton and kibble and eggs that they need to get ahead, which is why they are so well established. they set specific goals for things that they KNOW they need, and their dedication to getting those resources is the only reason they have them. i'm sure that if you had a large enough tribe with enough people wanting to grind then you could have all the same things that they do. with enough dedication, a solo player can accomplish this thing.

but everything is easier with a large tribe. whether it is as fun for you as solo/small tribes is a different story. but it is definitely easier to get what you need. thats the nature of PVP. it's brutal, its harsh, there are no ethical rules set in place to prevent tribes from wiping whoever they can and doing what they want. you just have to be big enough to get to that point.

Omg its not an alpha rant. I think the players that wiped me the last time were maybe a tribe of 10, I'm saying that if you had to follow a kibble tree that consists of 10 dinosaurs to get to a griffin the progression might take longer to attain dominance.

or if gigas had their ridden stamina when following(it eliminates an I win button)

Lets get that out of the way- hats off to the people that can organize and dominate-

How about this as a concept, you have an achievements system that puts you in a class, like alpha, If you have unlocked these types of achievements , you get dumped into server with other alphas - then it ties directly back to your steam account so making a new char with no acheiv's is pointless

oh wait do alphas like to fight alphas?

I played EvE for years I like to seal club too

Mutton is broken.........

• Volunteer Moderator

If you would like to suggest how you would like the kibble rework im sure there are several in the suggestion area you can search for.  Other then that this thread is filled with complaining about alpha tribes rather then kibble. No real value of discussion.

Archived