turbines on ragnarok?

Demigod

They work on the island, not all the time they seem to require wind of sufficient strength to operate them, didn't buy scorched either so fairly new to playing about with them. Annoyingly they most commonly go off at night so if you're planning on using them to power lights you may want to just wire in a generator anyway. The primary difference from what i've read is that they send power less distance than a generator will (think the generator will do 30 cable lengths from source where as the turbine is 20iirc)  

3 hours ago, LokiTDD said:

They work on the island, not all the time they seem to require wind of sufficient strength to operate them, didn't buy scorched either so fairly new to playing about with them. Annoyingly they most commonly go off at night so if you're planning on using them to power lights you may want to just wire in a generator anyway. The primary difference from what i've read is that they send power less distance than a generator will (think the generator will do 30 cable lengths from source where as the turbine is 20iirc)  

I may have misinterpreted what you're saying, but I play pvp and I build massive electrical grids protected inside a foundation level with multiple backup generators set to turn on incase one gets destroyed... I guess what I'm saying, is ive built grids that 1 generator is powering everything, even 100 foundations away. I feel like there is no limit on range with gens if that's what you're saying. The windmill I thought was like 30range tho right?

edit: my question would be, do they work in electrical storms, and do they turn on to save gen gas automatically, or is it just double powered?

11 hours ago, Drinkinthepink said:

I may have misinterpreted what you're saying, but I play pvp and I build massive electrical grids protected inside a foundation level with multiple backup generators set to turn on incase one gets destroyed... I guess what I'm saying, is ive built grids that 1 generator is powering everything, even 100 foundations away. I feel like there is no limit on range with gens if that's what you're saying. The windmill I thought was like 30range tho right?

edit: my question would be, do they work in electrical storms, and do they turn on to save gen gas automatically, or is it just double powered?

Sorry looks like i misread the wiki first time round 

• A wind turbine will only reach a distance equal to 29 cable lengths from the turbine itself. Anything beyond that will be dead power lines. A generator 30 lengths away, and a turbine on the opposite end will not work. The turbine must be within 29 cable lengths of the generator. Cables and Electrical Outlets past the 29th cable will show as unpowered and thus will never power anything connected via Electrical Outlets past that point when the Wind Turbine is active

turn your generators to auto on and have your wind turbines connected to the same grid as your generater and then turn off your generator and the wind turbines will power everything without the use of gas and if someone or something destroys you turbines the generator will kick on. It saves me a lot on gasoline

Archived