legacy and official servers

GuiJimmy

Speaking as a software developer the only time we (in the places i have worked at least) we label something as legacy is if it is a component or module that we will no longer add new features to and it is something we consider not worth of maintaining and should really be replaced. Sooo, the impression i'm getting is that legacy server days are numbered, in the sense that as time goes on the low populated servers will be removed. That's not to say all legacy servers will be removed who knows thy may a certain amount going. So in short expect the number of legacy servers to decrease over time. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Robw2201 said:

so if that is the plan in the first place what was the point on doing any thing on any of the legacy servers

so really we have to all start again.  after playing for like almost 2 year. 

They didn't want to wipe people who actively play.

And if your server will be active, they won't wipe it until the game dies out at some point.

They'll definitely wipe the legacy eventually. There's no point in wasting the resources keeping them running. A good portion of the legacy servers are already dead and the rest will shortly follow as a domino effect. Players will quit, which will cause more players to quit. Eventually it'll be 1 or 2 lonely tribes per cluster. I honestly wish they'd go ahead and give the rest of us the server space being wasted on these cancer clusters.

16 minutes ago, Yawnmaster22 said:

What do you think on the whole Legacy and new servers? Do you think over time they will just wipe all of legacy servers? Give me your guys thoughts!emoji51.png

Posted from my [device_name] using http://ARK: Survival Evolved Community App

Yes they will wipe legacy over time depending on server population. From the looks of it, people are fleeing legacy for new servers. I personally left legacy for new. Don't want to see my hard work go POOF!

56 minutes ago, LittleRedReaper said:

Yup everyone on my legacy were like nope, we're staying no matter what. Guess what? Our legacy server that averaged 30 active players daily now only sees 5. Everyone left because now everyone believes WC will wipe alllllllll legacy servers. My real question now becomes, what about when the new servers become low pop? They gonna get wiped too thus causing a never ending migration? This is why we need info on the whole xbox nitrado servers. I don't want to deal with that uncertainty.

what use would wiping the new servers do?

17 hours ago, apx900 said:

Speaking as a software developer the only time we (in the places i have worked at least) we label something as legacy is if it is a component or module that we will no longer add new features to and it is something we consider not worth of maintaining and should really be replaced. Sooo, the impression i'm getting is that legacy server days are numbered, in the sense that as time goes on the low populated servers will be removed. That's not to say all legacy servers will be removed who knows thy may a certain amount going. So in short expect the number of legacy servers to decrease over time. 

They already said they'll be removing them every few months. It's obviously their plan to shut them all down. Our legacy PvE server's getting crowded again though. Apparently people really do like established PvE communities. We're almost back up to our daily average of 30+ people at a time. Still 70+ people logging in each day.

I'm sure we'll be on the chopping block soon. They killed off quite a few populated legacy servers with their first swing of the axe so the population, in other words the players, don't matter at all to them.

On 9/7/2017 at 1:42 AM, Sha said:

also playing for nearly 2 years, but now i am forced to stay on legacy as most of the new EU PVE server are full, always and if not pilared up to the point you cant set a foot on it without hitting your toe on a pillar or foundation. 11 PVE ragnarok server is not enough for the legacy and new players.

and yes wildcard is a joke, first yeah no problem nothing changes you keep the server you are on, then.. well you keep them but forget support, and we cancel some of them if we feel like... do they know especially with the new cooldown (didn't know about it and lost my pretty fur yesterday), how hard it is to transfer all to another server? take it out somewhere you need to wait 10 min before you can transfer anything... bad thing

If you want to play on the new legacy server you are more then welcome in my tribe. EU Ragnarok server 117 We have 20 people at the moment. Not all of them are on every day but we have a fair amount that do. Our main base is located at the castle. PM me if your interested.

Technically what they said was "Ghost Town" severs. They also defined "Ghost Towns" as servers that had 0 population for extended time periods. However they also said only the bottom 10% would be closed and you would have 30days to move. What they actually did was bottom 33% and 4 days to move, with a 2 day roll back for some servers...

30 minutes ago, GuiJimmy said:

Can anyone please inform me, without speculation and rumors, if legacy servers will actually close?

Think about it, why would you pull customer support on something? There's only one reason businesses ever do that. The product (legacy servers) is being retired (wiped and repurposed).

If you need to play official, get off those servers now because they will be wiped eventually. Go to the new ones. 

Otherwise, get your own server cluster on unofficial. Then the only person that can wipe your progress is you.

I'm based on legacy, I'm taking care of the dinos that I have, but I'm in the new cluster. I've already added my space on the server, I just wanted to know why it's boring to feed them. my legacy server over the weekend had about 14 players now have a 5 to 6 during the week. I just wanted to know that. a yes or no

• Jerryn locked and unlocked this topic

Archived