legacy and official servers

GuiJimmy

I have been playing for more than 6 months on legacy servers, I have strong rex, golens, wyverns, strong therizinos, basilos, gigas, and many others, outside strong arms and blueprints, now I wanted to know something definitive like: Will you be in the future to give us assistance? Are you going to delete us for once? If they are deleted, will we be able to bring something to the new servers? Everything I did and built was in vain?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the new "cluster" is not connected with the legacy one. So I don't know if it is possible at all for WC to enable transfers between the two. Although that would be nice. I mean, I understand that they don't want the new servers to be flooded with level 300+ dinosaurs (possibly duped) but there's nothing wrong with bringing weapons, blueprints, recipes and tamed dinos (with no ancestry or imprinting bar).

You will not be able to transfer any of your items from a server that existed prior to release, to any of the new servers. You can use said items and dinos as long as the server remains open, and after that Wildcard might post the last save state and you can run it on your own server or singleplayer mode. The new servers, however, are a fresh start for everyone who joins them. No items, no characters, no dinos are transferrable into these servers.

Dude seriously give up on legacy because their days are numbered.

I have been playing on the same pvp server for nearly 2 years on xbox. My tribe has been the only and original alpha tribe on the server. We have 7 tribes worth of dinos and a massive base to house them all, 345% melee gigas from hatch with 100% imprinting, thousands of turrets all maxed with bullets, asc bp's for almost everything, we have done boss fight with rex's that have months worth of breeding investment and have tek items and i absolutely hate to say it but the servers are dead, its only my tribe and ally tribe who join the server the rest are trolls/griefers, after 3 months wildcard will review the "Low-pop"( even though a scorched server we played on that never had low-pop was deleted) servers and "re-purpose" them to new servers.

If your server is chosen then your screwed, you have two choices either demolish your entire base and move all your dino's/items(which is now a joke with the new anti-dupe system) to an ever diminishing number of legacy servers, where all the other alpha tribes will also be moving to, and some how pull out your items/dino's and build up whilst the alpha of that server waves and smiles?

Then if the new legacy server you have chosen to re-build on has "Low-Pop" in the future (every 3 months they will review server population) then you will have to do the same thing over again, except now there is an even smaller number of legacy servers to choose from so competition will be alot harder.

The only people who will be able to compete for these servers are the mega duping tribes that have a massive amount of expendable items/dinos that a non-duping tribe just can't compete with. Also you get no help from support on legacy when that mega tribe under-meshes your base and foundation wipes months of hard work in minutes!

Even if your server has a high enough population that its not repurposed, eventually some duping mega tribe will come looking to call your server their new home and best bets are they dont like sharing the map with others. 

Your other option is what my tribe will/has already done is to attack anybody that you feel has done you wrong or you dislike, if you beat them great go out on a high, if you fail no sweat all your stuff will be dev wiped soon enough anyway.

If you dont have a tribe to help and dont feel like you have any options which alot of tribes feel like my best advise is to record a video of your base so you can share your accomplishment with friends and take screenshots of your favorite things/dino's, because in my eyes if haven't duped and you still exist and have a base on legacy then you have Won lol you survived the ark but you or nobody for that matter can survive the devs.?

Move to the new official servers ASAP, everyday you play on legacy is another day that the alpha tribes on the new servers grow stronger.

Wow this is a really long post reading it back lol sorry if i bored you ?

1 hour ago, GuiJimmy said:

I have been playing for more than 6 months on legacy servers, I have strong rex, golens, wyverns, strong therizinos, basilos, gigas, and many others, outside strong arms and blueprints, now I wanted to know something definitive like: Will you be in the future to give us assistance? Are you going to delete us for once? If they are deleted, will we be able to bring something to the new servers? Everything I did and built was in vain?

Yes, Wildcard's legacy...servers' days are numbered. They will most likely never admit it but it's pretty obvious from their actions. For instance, they didn't choose just low populated servers in their first round of deletions. A number had 30+ people on at a time on most days. Some even more popular servers were taken down. If you're bored then look at the list of servers taken down and check the player logs on battlemetrics.

I'm fine with starting over. We just had our 7 Days To Die server reset due to a large game update and I was just having a blast starting from scratch tonight. But starting over in ARK, with the people of Wildcard behind the wheel, puts a bad taste in my mouth. Apparently there's already duping and DDOS attacks going on on the new servers. Although the duping might just be lies like those legacy servers being added to the noob server cluster. I've yet to see any evidence confirming its existence.

Veteran servers won't be getting assistance. It's good not to trust them when they say something but I'd bet money on any promise they make when it's guaranteeing something bad for the community. Veteran servers WILL all be gone at some point. We will never be able to transfer anything to the noob servers. But I don't think what we've done is in vain. I mean once you beat a singleplayer game it's not like everything you did was a waste beforehand. Just try to think of multiplayer games in that same light.

40 minutes ago, myksta0121 said:

Dude seriously give up on legacy because their days are numbered.

I have been playing on the same pvp server for nearly 2 years on xbox. My tribe has been the only and original alpha tribe on the server. We have 7 tribes worth of dinos and a massive base to house them all, 345% melee gigas from hatch with 100% imprinting, thousands of turrets all maxed with bullets, asc bp's for almost everything, we have done boss fight with rex's that have months worth of breeding investment and have tek items and i absolutely hate to say it but the servers are dead, its only my tribe and ally tribe who join the server the rest are trolls/griefers, after 3 months wildcard will review the "Low-pop"( even though a scorched server we played on that never had low-pop was deleted) servers and "re-purpose" them to new servers.

If your server is chosen then your screwed, you have two choices either demolish your entire base and move all your dino's/items(which is now a joke with the new anti-dupe system) to an ever diminishing number of legacy servers, where all the other alpha tribes will also be moving to, and some how pull out your items/dino's and build up whilst the alpha of that server waves and smiles?

Then if the new legacy server you have chosen to re-build on has "Low-Pop" in the future (every 3 months they will review server population) then you will have to do the same thing over again, except now there is an even smaller number of legacy servers to choose from so competition will be alot harder.

The only people who will be able to compete for these servers are the mega duping tribes that have a massive amount of expendable items/dinos that a non-duping tribe just can't compete with. Also you get no help from support on legacy when that mega tribe under-meshes your base and foundation wipes months of hard work in minutes!

Even if your server has a high enough population that its not repurposed, eventually some duping mega tribe will come looking to call your server their new home and best bets are they dont like sharing the map with others. 

Your other option is what my tribe will/has already done is to attack anybody that you feel has done you wrong or you dislike, if you beat them great go out on a high, if you fail no sweat all your stuff will be dev wiped soon enough anyway.

If you dont have a tribe to help and dont feel like you have any options which alot of tribes feel like my best advise is to record a video of your base so you can share your accomplishment with friends and take screenshots of your favorite things/dino's, because in my eyes if haven't duped and you still exist and have a base on legacy then you have Won lol you survived the ark but you or nobody for that matter can survive the devs.?

Move to the new official servers ASAP, everyday you play on legacy is another day that the alpha tribes on the new servers grow stronger.

Wow this is a really long post reading it back lol sorry if i bored you ?

2 years on xbox huh? thats impressive considering it didnt even hit xbox on release....

1 minute ago, LittleRedReaper said:

Let's just be honest, feels like it's been about 45 years lol. It's been a ride.

^ this lol

I had times where i have been awake for 50+ hours in wars lol i have never stayed awake so long in my life but when you got a tek transmitter outside your gates and a tribe pulling brontos sleep is for the weak ?

The legacy servers will surely go down in the next couple months  - simply because having no admin support will make them cheating/hacking/exploiting/griefing paradise, so legit players will leave them soon, and then these scumbags will also have no reason to logon there. An then wildcard "suddenly" realises those servers getting unpopulated, so they "need" to stop them. 

I tend to believe this was their masterplan with their decision on keeping up some legacy servers but denying the necessary support. They just want to look like nice guys (hey, we keep the servers as we promisted - there wont be wipe)

also playing for nearly 2 years, but now i am forced to stay on legacy as most of the new EU PVE server are full, always and if not pilared up to the point you cant set a foot on it without hitting your toe on a pillar or foundation. 11 PVE ragnarok server is not enough for the legacy and new players.

and yes wildcard is a joke, first yeah no problem nothing changes you keep the server you are on, then.. well you keep them but forget support, and we cancel some of them if we feel like... do they know especially with the new cooldown (didn't know about it and lost my pretty fur yesterday), how hard it is to transfer all to another server? take it out somewhere you need to wait 10 min before you can transfer anything... bad thing

33 minutes ago, rawsh said:

we are doing just fine without support but then again we never had real problems with griefing or pillarwars, good servercommunity i guess... 

I wonder how a PVE server community can do anything with the pillaring, titano pulling trolls IF they come...  PVP servers might be OK, you have the tools to chase them away if the community is fine. 

8 minutes ago, NickSmith76 said:

I wonder how a PVE server community can do anything with the pillaring, titano pulling trolls IF they come...  PVP servers might be OK, you have the tools to chase them away if the community is fine. 

we usually talk to people if they dont know any better and most appreciate the tips, ofcourse we let them know if they dont comply they are going to have to play alone because nobody will talk to them, trade with them, or help out in any way shape or form, 

and trolls usually only stay if they get a reaction, so their pillars are gone after a while but we had only one guy try that in the past 2 years 

While you're holding on to your pixels crying for answers, people are securing the best spots on the new servers and starting fresh. In a few months more legacy servers will close and the remaining legacy servers are going to get even more packed. Eventually you're going to toss in the towel, admit defeat and head for a newer server. By this time, these "new" servers are going to be packed and you're going to be part of the group that's left having to build in crappy spots while begging people to move pillars for you.

Just give up on these legacy servers already. If you feel like you're going to lose everything anyway, why stay?

40 minutes ago, Irk said:

While you're holding on to your pixels crying for answers, people are securing the best spots on the new servers and starting fresh. In a few months more legacy servers will close and the remaining legacy servers are going to get even more packed. Eventually you're going to toss in the towel, admit defeat and head for a newer server. By this time, these "new" servers are going to be packed and you're going to be part of the group that's left having to build in crappy spots while begging people to move pillars for you.

Just give up on these legacy servers already. If you feel like you're going to lose everything anyway, why stay?

Unofficial for me when legacys are gone

It was confirmed today  that the base mechanics of the 2 servers are different, so I am guessing no future integration. Legacy (early access) players did not get the new skins, just pre-orders... legacy players got put on the back burner as far as new servers so they could focus on the new cluster, legacy servers get no support... even made a reference to that today when people lost their characters. There is no future for these servers. They have turned their backs to us. :(

This weekends event is also a subtle kick in the teeth to legacy players.

They know that not many people on new servers are up to breeding.

They know people on legacy servers dont really need 2x xp, taming,harvesting and only really do the breeding on these weekends.

That is why this evo event is 2x harvesting,xp and taming.

They are squeezing legacy players out.

Just give me my damn legacy server save...

legacy . legacy .. when legacy is officially dead . nearly not quite . then its my time to bow out  . been on since the beginning and will continue with all weve built tamed and bred. no point starting new . the game is getting old . the game doesn't feel like it ever launched  . how bad does it still play lol. and all the lies , upon lies . all you new severs think its a fresh start when its only groundhog day lol. your time will come again when wc change the rules and lie or move the goal posts so to speak . of course new dlc will have enough servers lol . you gonna drop dollars for the luxury and line there pockets again , for this trash. us gamers never learn . in the end we all play for our own reasons and enjoyment so everyone to their own .

On 9/7/2017 at 7:24 PM, brownievec said:

legacy . legacy .. when legacy is officially dead . nearly not quite . then its my time to bow out  . been on since the beginning and will continue with all weve built tamed and bred. no point starting new . the game is getting old . the game doesn't feel like it ever launched  . how bad does it still play lol. and all the lies , upon lies . all you new severs think its a fresh start when its only groundhog day lol. your time will come again when wc change the rules and lie or move the goal posts so to speak . of course new dlc will have enough servers lol . you gonna drop dollars for the luxury and line there pockets again , for this trash. us gamers never learn . in the end we all play for our own reasons and enjoyment so everyone to their own .

Everyone I've played the game with over the years has lost interest in Ark except me and at this point I've been just maintaining my legacy game.  Until yesterday I was completely unable to join any of the new Rag  official severs. And I found that I don't even really want to play, which is what I had assumed would be the case. All i really wanted was to see what the new map looked like and I scratched that itch with a quick YouTube session. I agree with you about gamers never learning. So glad I made a conscious decision way back when SE was announced to not invest anymore money until they addressed the issues with the game. And here we are September 2017 and not nearly enough has been addressed to cause me to even consider any paid DLC. But you are absolutely right,  to each their own. 

38 minutes ago, Thexone said:

Everyone I've played the game with over the years has lost interest in Ark except me and at this point I've been just maintaining my legacy game.  Until yesterday I was completely unable to join any of the new Rag  official severs. And I found that I don't even really want to play, which is what I had assumed would be the case. All i really wanted was to see what the new map looked like and I scratched that itch with a quick YouTube session. I agree with you about gamers never learning. So glad I made a conscious decision way back when SE was announced to not invest anymore money until they addressed the issues with the game. And here we are September 2017 and not nearly enough has been addressed to cause me to even consider any paid DLC. But you are absolutely right,  to each their own. 

Sounds like me. I'm still waiting for them to overhaul the tribe system. Whole lot of problems with it. For instance, insiding is a useful and valid tactic for PvP but allowing the lowest ranking members of a tribe on a PvE server to destroy everything in the tribe is developer amateur hour. The member can have the least amount of permissions possible but still wipe out a tribe from within.

Not being able to decide what rank everything in the tribe is upon activation of the rank system. Everything's always set at the lowest rank so everyone has access to everything. You have to rank up every...single...animal...piece of structure...container...etc.

The list goes on.

• Jerryn locked and unlocked this topic

Archived