Griffin Questions

Landiah

1 hour ago, Landiah said:

Some things I've thought about...

Should the Griffin have a saddle for it?

Should the Griffin be able to breed?

Should we be able to change the speed of the griffin or flyers in general?

Why isn't there a two handed option?

Tell me in the comments please...

1. No, because it already has a very good HP-pool. No real need in my opinion.

2. Every creature should be breedable! :)

3. Griffin: no, because it is fast enough. Other flyers: yes, but not too high.

12 hours ago, Landiah said:

Some things I've thought about...

Should the Griffin have a saddle for it?

Should the Griffin be able to breed?

Should we be able to change the speed of the griffin or flyers in general?

Why isn't there a two handed option?

Tell me in the comments please...

No saddle, its there to make it more vulnerable to balance much like Wyvern.

No breeding, devs want it that way in order to keep balance.  More unique creatures ie phoenix Wyvern, and Griffin all are no saddle flyers.

A reason mods exist to create the above into reality.

Breeding would be awesome! Also, dragons are getting tek saddles, so.... giriffin tek saddles? Griff is currently my favorite creature so anything that they do to make it more of an OP PVP monster I'm ok with. :D

My one regret is that you can't do like a super awesome pick/slam attack for griffins.

7 hours ago, Landiah said:

yeah I can agree reallt interesting. I have a 131 with 5000 hp

I tamed a 145 Griffin (turned into 217 after Tame) with 11455 Health after tame,  that's about 38 points into Health. On the other hand, i've tamed a 135 Griffin (202 after Tame) that ended up with 4830 Health (13 points).

Being able to breed that high Health Griffin with a high Melee Damage Griffin, and Imprinting boosting the stats by 20% (while also giving it +30% Damage Dealt/-30% Damage Taken buff), would be absolutely ridiculously OP. I can see why the Devs didn't make Griffins breedable, especially with their powerful Dive attack, plus the incredible speed that Diving gives them.

yea they are hella OP,

Mine tamed with 366 melee and is sitting at 400 right now. i can dive swipe and 1 shot most small animals and killed a lvl 20 alpha carno in 3 swipes. 

I routinely slaugher most animals and once you get the dive swipe going its hard to fight a griffin. you can littlerally dive swipe and use that momentum to come back around and do it again. 

13 hours ago, Daedros said:

I tamed a 145 Griffin (turned into 217 after Tame) with 11455 Health after tame,  that's about 38 points into Health. On the other hand, i've tamed a 135 Griffin (202 after Tame) that ended up with 4830 Health (13 points).

Being able to breed that high Health Griffin with a high Melee Damage Griffin, and Imprinting boosting the stats by 20% (while also giving it +30% Damage Dealt/-30% Damage Taken buff), would be absolutely ridiculously OP. I can see why the Devs didn't make Griffins breedable, especially with their powerful Dive attack, plus the incredible speed that Diving gives them.

We tamed a 145,tamed out at 13.2k health. 

Currently sits at 32k with 1560 stamina. This was mutton tamed too.

Archived