Egg lay rate.

Grandta

5 minutes ago, Pappy said:

Stay close to where you have them. I was told if I got out of render distance they would possibly stop laying eggs. I put a chair in my breeding pen and sat in it while I did a few things around the house. Got back on my Xbox and found a few eggs. Good luck

True, but not currently. Statis used to cause that, but they have removed that mechanic, so dinos will now lay eggs regardless of render distance.

If I remember correctly, the base rate was 1% at poop, 2% while boosted by a male and 4% when boosted by a male and an oviraptor. Multiple Oviraptors do not stack. Multiple males do not stack. Feeding stimberries does nothing.

1 hour ago, xLunacy said:

True, but not currently. Statis used to cause that, but they have removed that mechanic, so dinos will now lay eggs regardless of render distance.

Are you sure they lay when out of render? I keep my s+ item collector running 24/7 and there are never any eggs in it when I log in or am away from base for an extended period of time, but i get plenty of eggs when Im around the base, usually it collects a few eggs within a few minutes of logging in. I thought maybe the collector only works when in render, but it always has snail paste in it when i log in. 

18 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

Are you sure they lay when out of render? I keep my s+ item collector running 24/7 and there are never any eggs in it when I log in or am away from base for an extended period of time, but i get plenty of eggs when Im around the base, usually it collects a few eggs within a few minutes of logging in. I thought maybe the collector only works when in render, but it always has snail paste in it when i log in. 

Afaik, that was caused by the stasis when you leave render distance, i.e. everything gets frozen and dinos neither eat, nor lay eggs, nor nothing. Since they have removed stasis (and people complained about baby raising like hell), I would safely assume that dinos should lay eggs when you are out of render distance. You can check though. Get 10 dodos, leave them for 10 minutes, come back to them, you should see at least 1 egg.

I feel like my tames don't lay eggs like they used to either.  I have mate boosted and an oviraptor and they just don't seem to lay eggs at the rate they used to in EA.  Honestly can't really tell a difference between mate boosted vs non mate boosted, my non mate boosted scorps and parasaurs lay eggs just as often as my mate boosted tames.  Though the oviraptor does seem to help still seems low.

Just now, MisbegottenAngel said:

I feel like my tames don't lay eggs like they used to either.  I have mate boosted and an oviraptor and they just don't seem to lay eggs at the rate they used to in EA.  Honestly can't really tell a difference between mate boosted vs non mate boosted, my non mate boosted scorps and parasaurs lay eggs just as often as my mate boosted tames.  Though the oviraptor does seem to help still seems low.

By not having males you're losing out on almost 50% of the boat! 

Have you tryed too move your dinos around as I find this helps a lot, dilos in particular I found myself constantly trying to get dilos to drop more!

30 minutes ago, ninjaridz said:

By not having males you're losing out on almost 50% of the boat! 

Have you tryed too move your dinos around as I find this helps a lot, dilos in particular I found myself constantly trying to get dilos to drop more!

I have males for most my tames.  But the scorp and parasuar males didn't make it through a run in with a wild argy.  Haven't gotten around to taming replacements yet, but noticed those females were dropping eggs just as often as my mate boosted females. Which still isn't often :P 

I have not tried moving my dinos around, but will give it a shot. Thanks for the advice! Finally got enough dilo eggs to tame a high level Doed just to realize I forgot to make jerky! O.o

OK I was wrong on the Ovi bonus. Seems male boosted is +100%, to a total of 2%, from base 1%. Ovi however does not give a bigger % bonus according to the below and to the wiki, but rather shortens the interval during which dinos lay eggs/poop.

Sources:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Oviraptor

On 3/21/2016 at 1:24 PM, Jerryn said:

Except for Dodos, female egg layers have a 1% chance of laying an egg each cycle, or 2% if mate boosted.

Except for Dodos, the cycle is every 17 :00, unless you have an Oviraptor(on wander) nearby, in which case the cycle is shortened to 11:20.  Also, scorpions are not affected by Ovis as this time.

From my experience, eggs are only laid when the animals are not in statis.  When I log into my base, there are not piles of eggs waiting for me.  But, if I work around the base and the egg layers stay out of statis, I get plenty of eggs.

Just now, MisbegottenAngel said:

I have males for most my tames.  But the scorp and parasuar males didn't make it through a run in with a wild argy.  Haven't gotten around to taming replacements yet, but noticed those females were dropping eggs just as often as my mate boosted females. Which still isn't often :P 

I have not tried moving my dinos around, but will give it a shot. Thanks for the advice! Finally got enough dilo eggs to tame a high level Doed just to realize I forgot to make jerky! O.o

Them pesky birds always causing trouble lol I hope it works for you!

1 hour ago, MisbegottenAngel said:

I dont know if this is just luck or what but we have noticed that when we have a good amount eggs ( any type ) in our fridge which is in render of the egg layers they seemed to slow down.  So we made what we had in the fridge into kibble and walked outside to find eggs under almost all of our females.  We have tryed this 3 or 4 times now and has seemed to help the egg laying.  For example we didnt have much argy or scorpion eggs.  But had around 70 dodo eggs.  So we crafted everything we had resources to make into kibble.  Some of the females had a stack of eggs under them.  

To give some numbers we had 2 female argies and 8 eggs 2 days ago ( friday ).  We made kibble all weekend and now have around 40-50 argy egg kibble.

9 minutes ago, Slack said:

I dont know if this is just luck or what but we have noticed that when we have a good amount eggs ( any type ) in our fridge which is in render of the egg layers they seemed to slow down.  So we made what we had in the fridge into kibble and walked outside to find eggs under almost all of our females.  We have tryed this 3 or 4 times now and has seemed to help the egg laying.  For example we didnt have much argy or scorpion eggs.  But had around 70 dodo eggs.  So we crafted everything we had resources to make into kibble.  Some of the females had a stack of eggs under them.  

To give some numbers we had 2 female argies and 8 eggs 2 days ago ( friday ).  We made kibble all weekend and now have around 40-50 argy egg kibble.

Interesting, definitely worth looking into.  I'll try anything in hopes of it helping!

Since the stasis change, we get near zero eggs.   It use to look like Easter in the barn, now we are lucky to get 1 egg.

That is an interesting thought about having eggs in the refrigerator, but I'm reluctant to make kibble until they make the kibble changes.

Knowing them, they will delete all kibble (remember artifacts).

This probably isn't an issue for you atm but also noteworthy...

Each specific dino type has a max of 6 fallen eggs on the ground in a area around. Very large radius.

all the Dino's fallen eggs together have a total max of 20 in that same area...

so if you have 6ptera, 6rex, and 6bronto eggs in ur base one the ground, only 2 more eggs can drop, and they can't be Rex/ptera/bronto

this is usually only an issues for massive tribes, and only noticeable when you are trying to drop a fert egg out of a Dino and it disappears when there already is 6 unfert ones, or 20various eggs already on ground

On 11/09/2017 at 5:37 PM, Slack said:

Extremely interesting thx ?

I've been having trouble with my own egg layers. It seems like they dont lay when I'm around, but when I move away from render they start. Stood in the egg pen for 2 hours while doing some house work, checking back every so often, with nothing layed. Got tired of trying to get it to work so I went on a metal run and came back to find a single egg. Thought it was a random fluke since it was from a Moschop that I dont have a mate for and which has never layed for me before, but since then, whenever I go out of render distance, I come back to find a handful of eggs.

Can anyone point me to any patch notes about stasis being removed? I've been trying to track down notes about eggs to find an answer to my problem or to see if I'm doing something wrong but I'm new to the forums and havent had much luck. 

We have 8 scorpions (7 female 1 male) and an oviraptor boost and over the course of 1 week, our tribe leader was getting mad because they we filling too many spaces in the fridge(literally hundreds of eggs and thats after taming 3 rexs over 120). As far as dilos and other breed able dinos, it seems to help to breed them once after you tame them, kinda kicks them off in the right direction. Not sure if there is any truth behind this but it seems to make a huge difference in my experience. I now have a  full scale kibble operation, nearly every kibble dino (2 female 1 male of each) up on ramps in our breeding barn. Still working on getting a few but shouldn't take me more than a week to have it fully operational.

Archived