Ragnarok boss

Howk

on our unofficial our max lvl wild dino is 849 we have beaten easy with 20 rex's, and mix of rex, trike & daeodon. most were above 1200 in lvl with varied stats, it wasn't too hard, though the other tribe on our server tired the  medium and took in a similar mix and neither boss would land so they failed miserably.... Go figure 2 flying mobs and cant take in flyers.

raw power, the bosses are much weaker than their original variants and as suggested by pokotuz a yutyrannus and a daeodon with 18 rexes should be fine, go for the typical 20k hp with as much melee as possible, on the new servers it may be a bit harder due to rex bloodlines still being new and barely any mutations, i'd recommend 700% melee on the rexes for gamma if you're doing this solo (you don't really need tribemates) the first boss you want to aim for is the dragon, horrendous mofo that needs to be taken down first, and since the arena isn't as huge it shouldn't be too much of an issue to take it down, the daeodon will help against the 25% max hp fire breaths, then just deal with the manticore normally. I'm not even sure why they made the boss fight this much easier than the island's dragon and made the dragon unlocks fairly easy due to this, though i still warn that the dragon in general is dangerous due to its fire breath (manticore is really nothing, baby boss for the longest time and gets nerfed here), i'd recommend trying it on private servers first to get the hang of it but it can be done (a second daeodon doesn't hurt due to increased survival)

• 2 weeks later...

We did a Gamma boss fight this last weekend, 3 Players 18 Rex's ranging from 175 - 400 (most in 300+ range) 40k HP with 1000% damage, Ascendant Saddle armor in range of low 200;s 1 Daedon and 1 Yutz. 

Please understand this was our first boss fight ever and our Yutz Pilot had never used it before (our mistake) The Dragon and Manticore killed 2 players (lvl 99 and 86) and 9 Dinos (8 rexs and the yutz) before being taken down. Now we did this fight because a friend of ours said his boss fight was easy and we were over prepared. He was on The Island and fought the Broodmother. So we are looking for tips that will help us in the future. We have replaced most of the Dino's already with ones that have been bred. Only thing we are missing is our yutz. 

We try this with assault riffle 195% dmg 7 Players each one have 1200 ammo and when shoot all ammo they Still have more than 70 % hp ( in this time when land rexes try attack) one man whistle for 17 rex we shoot ammo in hmm maybe 5 min and then raid rex we win but i think its luck bcs they land for 2 min or more so we make good dmg but Still dont know what Best tactic whistle battle and shoot or Just fight on rex ur riffle hit manticore for 17 rex bite for 150/200

Assault Riffle have good dmg but the Ammo is too Expensive ... Make it with Shotgun or Pistol that saves a lot of Gunpoder... Also Combond Bow if you have one with decent %  is one of the best Weapons for Dmg against Bosses. Assaulte riffe have the Most Consuption of all if it comes to Dmg vs Ammo use...

We make it at Gamma with 3 Ppls who shooting with Shotgun (200%) againts Manticore each of us have 200 Shots and still 50 shots left after done it.(we Too have 18 Rexes with us)  But let your Dino kill it or you wont get Element from Maticore.... There was 15 Mins left and another round 8 Mins. We had beginner Rexes with us with 20k hp and 300-500% Meele

Yes we exacly make it easy but before patch 271 and I think they something change bbcs first one is rly easy we take 17 rex 7 breed rest Just Wild tamed stats 15 k hp 350-400 dmg and we make it easy but other 2 Times rly hard and we take better rex all breed 25k hp 500+dmg and almost fail bcs manticore dont want land and guns make low dps thats why we think they something change with patch

This 2 times was this weekend after patch. They patched the Bosses you cannot block anymore. So its harder yes but not impossible. They dont change the dmg from Weapons. Bervore you just dont need any Weapon because the Rexes to this Bossfight in5-8min... now you have to have luck that mantis stay longer on Ground or enough dmg from Weapons over Time...

Normaly the Manticore dont make much dmg the dmg comes from the Golems so you have to tank them.. and try to get with the boss away from them.. Also i see some new Videos that the location weher you fight against Manticore make a differnt how often if it comes to stay on Ground.

I recently fought in the Ice Cave with 2 others.  When entering the boss arena, it says it's calculating the boss based on who entered the arena.  I suspect that is the same with the boss fights?  If that's true then the more you bring in, the harder the fight will be.

So go level 1 with a slingshot (just KIDDING).

Interestingly enough, the Queen worm attacked, then shrunk into a ball in the ground and never came back up.  So we got the loot crates but not the satisfaction of killing the darn thing.

Archived