Cementing past

Imherking18

Swamp cave was the best. And now on this new map (ragnorok) we can only get cp from dams? And it's not like there's a lot of them at all cause there's not. We need a better way to get cp then the slow snails and the 4 to 6 beaver dams on this map

Posted from my [device_name] using http://ARK: Survival Evolved Community App

4-6 Beaver dams? There's a hell of a lot more than that. There's 3 of the extra large round Lodges that each hold about 3 or four times what a normal dam does, then the one across the top of the rapids which is split into 3 sections each one probably double a normal dam, and then you get all the regular dams that the beavers spawn themselves. In my time on Rag I've done precisely 3 dam runs where I've raided all the permanent ones and maybe 20-30 regular ones, and I still have 2 S+ large storage boxes (100 slots) full, plus a load sitting in the Fabricator XD. Granted I don't use much of it, but that's a helluva lot of paste, and I only wanted the pearls ;-)

9 hours ago, Kraken said:

4-6 Beaver dams? There's a hell of a lot more than that. There's 3 of the extra large round Lodges that each hold about 3 or four times what a normal dam does, then the one across the top of the rapids which is split into 3 sections each one probably double a normal dam, and then you get all the regular dams that the beavers spawn themselves. In my time on Rag I've done precisely 3 dam runs where I've raided all the permanent ones and maybe 20-30 regular ones, and I still have 2 S+ large storage boxes (100 slots) full, plus a load sitting in the Fabricator XD. Granted I don't use much of it, but that's a helluva lot of paste, and I only wanted the pearls ;-)

Rapids are great for cementing paste. You can easily get about 1000-2000 per trip. Just take a bird, open a dam and when the beavers attack just run them over the edge of the waterfall. They can't get back up so you can just raid the dams at your leisure. Work your way down the rapids like that and you'll have plenty.

10 hours ago, cunners said:

Rapids are great for cementing paste. You can easily get about 1000-2000 per trip. Just take a bird, open a dam and when the beavers attack just run them over the edge of the waterfall. They can't get back up so you can just raid the dams at your leisure. Work your way down the rapids like that and you'll have plenty.

What are the co-ordinates of this? On xbox, we have walked the map twice and have yet to see a beaver. 

12 hours ago, Jtmorris said:

What are the co-ordinates of this? On xbox, we have walked the map twice and have yet to see a beaver. 

Sorry, not sure of the coords, but in the map GreenRoc posted above you want to head to the pools and the river in the 4th square from the left, second from the top. That's the rapids. There's a large beaver dam in each of the pools, and lots of small ones with up to about 400-500 CP each. There's also another pool near to the top pool of the rapids, just on the other side of a hill covered with trees so you can't see it from ground level. Unless someone is blocking the spawn there should be more beavers than you can shake a stick at. Touch a dam and you can reasonably expect 10-12 beavers to attack.

Sorry, not sure of the coords, but in the map GreenRoc posted above you want to head to the pools and the river in the 4th square from the left, second from the top. That's the rapids. There's a large beaver dam in each of the pools, and lots of small ones with up to about 400-500 CP each. There's also another pool near to the top pool of the rapids, just on the other side of a hill covered with trees so you can't see it from ground level. Unless someone is blocking the spawn there should be more beavers than you can shake a stick at. Touch a dam and you can reasonably expect 10-12 beavers to attack.
Awesome thanks! I'll make the trek there tonight.

Posted from my Nexus 6P using ARK: Survival Evolved Community App

The rapids near pirate bay is a great place for cp. Can pull anywhere from 400 to 800ish cp out of one large dam. Take a small to med flyer, land on top of the big dens, grab it all ( leave at least one of the wood), hop back on the flyer destroy the den with the flyer, fly to the next, rinse repeat, follow the rapids down stream tot he second pond and do it all again. As said by others, you'll be hard pressed not to come out with at least 2k

Archived