New PC, PS4, & Xbox Servers Released

lilpanda

8 minutes ago, edskelly said:

@lilpanda could we get an update on the pc legacy files for deleted servers and the plans for the saves of current legacy servers.

Many people have rented servers as we were told they would be available.

People on non deleted legacy servers are also very anxious.

And also what about the nitrado hosting considering they have no options for those of us in the oceanic region.

You wont need as many legacy servers if you make all the saves available,current legacy servers included as many people want to take their progress to unofficial.

@Mavrick 

Which means more resources for non-legacy people to have more servers.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THIS is what you consider worth announcing? a handful of pc and ps4 servers, and THREE xbox servers? is this a joke?

i mean sure, there are technically more servers now. you did increases the amount. but it baffles me how few servers you have prepared which you think are worthy of having their own special thread.

it's like feeding a starving dog a spoonful of food. yeah sure it's food and we appreciate it very much, but you're going to leave the dog begging for more until it either grows content with a visible rib cage or eventually dies off.

For a game that is available off the shelf on the high street and supermarket the infrastructure is nowhere near able to cope with demand, I've been able to join PVE Ragnarok server once in 5 days.

There is a lot of development in this game but WC have been funded via the preview programme which I joined and tolerated but witness but only being able to see 30 servers doesn't scratch the surface of what is needed, the only answer is to rent a server which also isn't available for XB1 yet.

Is the attitude we've got your money now F off?

Thankfully Destiny 2 has saved the day.

1 hour ago, NoneYaBiz said:

Hello, 

Please let us Legacy Players know if you are planning to remove all legacy servers over time. I love this game, and enjoy playing it VERY MUCH, however I would much rather know now than later if all the work in legacy is in vain.

I am not upset about the course of events thus far, because I know that what you guys are doing is in no way simple. However, if the end goal is to have ZERO legacy servers it would be best disclosed now.

I would be upset if I continued to spend my free time on a legacy server that is doomed to be dismantled in the end. I would MUCH rather spend that time getting situated on an official server. If you intend to keep legacy alive for the remainder of the game, or if it will be phased out over the next year or two. Either way please let you devoted fan base know. We deserve that much for all we have achieved together.

Yes... I believe all legacy servers will eventually be repurposed. It all depends on your server population. No CS, constant rubber banding/lag, apparently hackers. People are leaving legacy for new servers. Thus that's why so many legacy servers are turning into ghost towns. Some are fighting the good fight though. However, I don't have full confidence in WC as they have apparently by some posters taken down servers with a decent population and not on the kill list. I felt the same way as you. I don't want to put hours and hours in a game where all of my hard work goes POOF. 

On 11/09/2017 at 2:39 AM, Vrallox said:

On the plus side we're getting more and more people on legacy servers. I'd like to thank the people of Wildcard for inadvertently helping us out.

Really? Not for me ..  all the legacy server i play have turned into ghost towns.  Myself and one tribes mate were the only one on our server last night for hours. 

I fear we'll be migrating again soon 

1 hour ago, Teddansen said:

Really? Not for me ..  all the legacy server i play have turned into ghost towns.  Myself and one tribes mate were the only one on our server last night for hours. 

I fear we'll be migrating again soon 

Agreed. This weekend I looked up the legacy server populations. For dozens and dozens of servers (NA/EU) it was single digit numbers. Hell some were 0. This was WC's plan all along. Repurpose them already... they're a waste. 

2 hours ago, Carnage08 said:

Agreed. This weekend I looked up the legacy server populations. For dozens and dozens of servers (NA/EU) it was single digit numbers. Hell some were 0. This was WC's plan all along. Repurpose them already... they're a waste. 

Yeah I think you are correct. It's just their way of getting rid of all the old servers... I don't see why though, in a few months or a year all the new servers will be full of either hangry alpha's or pillared to no end . 

1 hour ago, Carnage08 said:

theres still people playing there, who are one after another forced to leave due to the constant feeling of just wasting their time on doomed servers...

i have no issue with repurposing half of them again as long as i actually get a proper deadline this time to move most of my stuff calmly, not flee like a giga was chasing me ;)

their policy of leaving legacy players hanging in the air like some disposable garbage is exactly the reason why everyone tries to get onto new servers, not because legacy is boring to play or every spot is taken. right now i´d rather freshstart on legacy than on officials, i occasionally play there and the nolifing on them is just sad to watch...20+ member tribes pillaring and grinding the living **** out of the maps, poor newbies who have to find a spot for their thatch hut.

Archived